Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I think it’s kinda folky, the very beginning

It's...a guitar

b0q49.gif

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

God Bless America is very Americana / Western to me, but at the same time it blends into the New York sound like in the pre-chorus, it's so crazy how they mesh

I can see that. I was getting some folk vibes, but that’s just a matter of opinion

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

I can see that. I was getting some folk vibes, but that’s just a matter of opinion

I think that GBA is like the more americana folk and the second part is the folkier more hippie one , which is WTWWAWWKD

I'm not saying I want a complete folk album..I just like the idea of the van being a new car in the cover 'cause it's retro and it evokes the hippie era, which ties really well with this more optimistic side of her and her music. And also in that era besides folk, other genre that was growing really fast and big was psychedelia (at least from what I know) So yes, 1-2, maybe 3 more folky songs, but the rest of the album I really want pure psychedelic Lana, with nice reverb, tons of different guitars, some dreamy synths in the background, just to give it that bonus eerie sound, and some orgasmic drums 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

I'm not saying I want a complete folk album..I just like the idea of the van being a new car in the cover 'cause it's retro and it evokes the hippie era, which ties really well with this more optimistic side of her and her music. And also in that era besides folk, other genre that was growing really fast and big was psychedelia (at least from what I know) So yes, 1-2, maybe 3 more folky songs, but the rest of the album I really want pure psychedelic Lana, with nice reverb, tons of different guitars, some dreamy synths in the background, just to give it that bonus eerie sound, and some orgasmic drums 

we mean folk as an umbrella term for a lot of sub-genres, psychedelia included. it's just easier to say folk

Producers I would like to see on LDR6

Elizabeth Grant ofc, Rick Knowles, Sean Ono Lennon, Emile Haynie, Dan Heath, Justin Parker, Kieron Menzies, Jonathan Wilson, and Dan Aurebach

This would please everyone

She's here

M (SOM)

xo

Y1xEtoX.gif

So I've been thinking about Lana's aesthetics and visual style throughout each era and she never fails to deliver something both stimulating and new. It's one of the most exciting things about a new album.

I haven't really put much thought into what I think LDR6 will be aesthetically, but I conjured up a little mood board of what I would like LDR6 to be like.

tumblr_p6vwh3pkLo1w5azgco1_1280.jpg

As you can see, it's mainly red. LFL was mainly blue/turquoise. I feel like this color would be a nice change. Also the images remind me a little of B horror movies, so something kinda dark and twisted with that vintage feel Lana usually goes for.

Of course, Lana is in a happier place so I doubt she'd go for this kind of aesthetic unless she's in a darker mood but it's just a thought.

Her last to the Moon tour outfits have really been suggesting this aethetic and cherry really goes with it maybe she can dive more into that sound, mixing dark ultraviolence vibes with loud strings and vintage sexy visuals and vocals

Although happiness is a butterfly totally contradicts this, maybe that song could be a deep cut like change or something? I really hope she does something like this...

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

I literally don't know why do u guys think that HiaB is a happy song. It's saying that the happiness escapes from her, and it's inspired by Nathaniel Hawthorne, who is one of the most important gothic authors

I literally don't know why do u guys think that HiaB is a happy song. It's saying that the happiness escapes from her, and it's inspired by Nathaniel Hawthorne, who is one of the most important gothic authors

Yeah, I know but the melody sounds pretty happy/sweet so..

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe***