Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I love that second concept, but it would b better if some of the songs had drums

I would love some songs like this

OMG I LOVE NIGHT SHIFT. Ugh I love taste :hooker:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Terrence you know our gay asses will hype this up and on April 20 we're going to be live streaming that show and refreshing her social media waiting for the announcement that will never come . leaving our hearts TORN and dry with LB filled with meltdowns and anger at how unprofessional and boring this era is already.

The tour takes a break at the end of the month... I expect something in the following weeks. Maybe not the whole album, but an announcement, a single. 

In an interview, she said she had wished  to begin promoting LFL in April... Maybe this is a way of getting her wish this time? 

So, since a lot of people are linking songs, I thought I'd share what direction I'd like Lana to go in for LDR6. These songs I chose are what I think would be easy for Lana to replicate, and I tried to find songs that would suit both Lana's voice and style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmyecoW67kg

Sorry for shitposting

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I really dig this "Chage-type" of record if it is the continuity of LFL, the answers found on the questions she raised on LFL. Kinda like the Paradise  EP to BTD. Happiness tends to be expressed in peaceful tones, and it makes sense to go in that direction if this album is really about happiness. 

And I am warning you in advance, guys: if this album is indeed in the same vein as Change, give it time to grow on ya
I  was not in love that much with BAR the first times I listened to it. Sure, Lana's voice was sublime as always, the acoustic guitar in the beginning was gorgeous, but I thought at first it was a bit dragging on... Then I realized what this song was about: to acknowledge your past love, but to take back power over it by expressing what you needed and were lacking in that relationship, to make peace with that toxic relationship. And now, I love it so so much. 

I can really picture myself listening to a beautiful toned-down record on a quiet summer evening, with the sunset...

I really dig this "Chage-type" of record if it is the continuity of LFL, the answers found on the questions she raised on LFL. Kinda like the Paradise EP to BTD. Happiness tends to be expressed in peaceful tones, and it makes sense to go in that direction if this album is really about happiness.

And I am warning you in advance, guys: if this album is indeed in the same vein as Change, give it time to grow on ya!

I was not in love that much with BAR the first times I listened to it. Sure, Lana's voice was sublime as always, the acoustic guitar in the beginning was gorgeous, but I thought at first it was a bit dragging on... Then I realized what this song was about: to acknowledge your past love, but to take back power over it by expressing what you needed and were lacking in that relationship, to make peace with that toxic relationship. And now, I love it so so much.

I can really picture myself listening to a beautiful toned-down record on a quiet summer evening, with the sunset...

this was so beautiful. i feel like you're right. and guys imagine if the album is lyrically like change, itll be so personal. we will actually feel the struggle shes having with being happy with herself and life. im here for the album for sure because itll be her heart expressing itself

giphy.gif

She just wrote "Earthquake" on twitter when there was an earthquake

Thank you! Lmao I remember that but I didn't even thought people would consider it as a clue, Lana stans are wyildly thirsty

ZKcaooE.png

i don't buy this tbh. LFL is still chockful of americana, both in song titles and lyrics (not to mention the album cover itself). and "best american record" was used almost as a criticism & borderline sarcastically in those lyrics, unlike, say, "god bless america" where the lyrics seem to be unironic, so i honestly don't think that was a factor at all.

i kinda agree but also i think there's a difference between "Best American" vs "God Bless America"... the title Best American Record makes it seem like america is great while GBAAAABWII is asking a power from above to bless the messed up country and all the beautiful people in it

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

OMG I LOVE NIGHT SHIFT. Ugh I love taste :hooker:

It's on my Life Soundtrack  :hooker:

So, since a lot of people are linking songs, I thought I'd share what direction I'd like Lana to go in for LDR6. These songs I chose are what I think would be easy for Lana to replicate, and I tried to find songs that would suit both Lana's voice and style.

Sorry for shitposting

A CONCEPT

Thank you! Lmao I remember that but I didn't even thought people would consider it as a clue, Lana stans are wyildly thirsty

well she just randomly tweeted the word with a capital letter indicating it had to be the title of something because no earthquake had happened yet