Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

maybe 'cause there was no dry spell preceding this pre-release era, but I don't feel as amped or worked up as I did during the ldr5 pre-pre-release? I remember then I was refreshing LB constantly and looking for clues on ASCAP and insta all the live long day, totally obsessed... maybe I'm just getting old

when did the pre pre release begin for LDR5?

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

...Where in hell did she find the time to record new stuff?

Seriously I wish I had her work ethic :toofunny: L4L hasn't even reached its first birthday yet.

My gut feeling tells me it's gonna to be an EP or something along those lines but ethier way I'll be happy.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

i dont think the leak stop BAR from being released. i honestly think BAR wasnt released because it has "Best American" in the title and she now sees that america isnt the great thing she thought it was. didnt she say she wanted to distance herself from her americana imagery? lol but she did release GBAAATBWII lol idk 

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

We could get a new song on April 20 actually. If you think about it, it's her last tour show and in the lyrics she sings about "singing for her babies on the tour lyfe" and it would be a nice way of wrapping up the LFL era with that reference :heart:

We could get a new song on April 20 actually. If you think about it, it's her last tour show and in the lyrics she sings about "singing for her babies on the tour lyfe" and it would be a nice way of wrapping up the LFL era with that reference :heart:

Terrence you know our gay asses will hype this up and on April 20 we're going to be live streaming that show and refreshing her social media waiting for the announcement that will never come . leaving our hearts TORN and dry with LB filled with meltdowns and anger at how unprofessional and boring this era is already.

giphy.gif

Terrence you know our gay asses will hype this up and on April 20 we're going to be live streaming that show and refreshing her social media waiting for the announcement that will never come . leaving our hearts TORN and dry with LB filled with meltdowns and anger at how unprofessional and boring this era is already.

I live for drama, my doctor reccomended i get a small dose everyday or i may have a stroke :smokes:

who was that user who used to say "reported, thank you" i miss him

who was that user who used to say "reported, thank you" i miss him

remember the LFL pre release thread ? we all got so personal and lovable awe . miss those days ...

giphy.gif

Honestly, I hope its an EP, then in a year or a year and a half (But no longer :rip: ) We get a new era with a full album that's a totally brand new idea and not a follow up to anything.

I like the idea of mostly ballads for an EP (then she can include Roses Bloom For You and Yosemite heh), as long as its well produced and polished. Even tho Change grew immensely on me, its production is still pretty weak and I don't mean because its literally a piano + Lana's voice, its the amount of polishing and what not thats done.

Honeymoon had some tracks that had aged like fine wine or cheese in production and vocals, lyrics, etc. (though we don't have demos) like Honeymoon, MTWBT, Freak, Art Deco, Blackest Day, etc... even though the album was finished relatively quickly after Ultraviolence. And Lust for Life it seems had some lazy or needlessly re-worked and modified songs production wise. Like, the trap beats on every song other than Cherry and Groupie Love are SO lazy and stereotypical and honestly uninteresting. 

Jack Antonoff, as much as he's suddenly hated (Melodrama is a masterpiece of production in basically every track, so clearly he has potential lol) is not the kind of producer to not go his fullest on tracks and make them organic and interesting. I hope he had time to sit down and get to know Lana and her style and didn't just put some generic stuff on some of her vocal demos she's made on her probably now broken phone. (This is all assuming anything they did makes the record. There's a good chance in 2 or 3 months Lana will be like "Nah" and use a recycled demo from Rick  :defeated: )

omg do you remember when we were hyped for news on the last festival date of the festival tour in 2016 and then nothing happened? We were mad even tho nothing suggested it, and history is about to repeat itself lmao

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

Folk supporters rise up!

Make Lana's albums great again!

Only if you never use those three words in that sequence again  :flutter:

For real tho I'm 100% supportive of Folk Lana™

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif