Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I don't mean to sound too genius lyricsy (because believe it or not, I had known about this phrase before the song came out :emma: ) but I always have two images in my head with that line (which is one of my favorite in the entire record)

White Tennis Shoe syndrome is the phenomenon of the mind making up excuses in order to procrastinate doing really important things essentially (it comes from an anecdote of Ayn Rand, the writer, coming up with excuses before writing, and right as she's about to start she realizes she never cleaned her white tennis shoes from last summer)

So Lana is maybe saying - embrace this lack of responsibility and carelessness (put your white tennis shoes on and follow me) because she and her lover are abandoning all material posession, attachment, etc. for each other. She will never sing again, he won't work another day, thats how strongly they are committed to this, or she wants them to be.

White Tennis Shoes are also very mid-Americana aesthetically, so there's also the possibility that she likes that. He's putting on his white, pure, clean tennis shoes and going with her on an adventure/journey, the next chapter of their lives together. The assumption is that he has a clean canvas that will at the end of the journey be painted/dirtied or filled in with the experiences they make together.

Intellectually snatched. Thank you ❤️

I think Graham made a thread for the ASCAP awards but I guess it hasn't been approved yet so I'm just gonna post this cutie here instead.

DbhjYZUVwAE8BQq.jpg

Btw, she said in her speech that she wanted to share the award with Rick Knowles. https://twitter.com/Lanapedia/status/988636249475858434

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I don't mean to sound too genius lyricsy (because believe it or not, I had known about this phrase before the song came out :emma: ) but I always have two images in my head with that line (which is one of my favorite in the entire record)

White Tennis Shoe syndrome is the phenomenon of the mind making up excuses in order to procrastinate doing really important things essentially (it comes from an anecdote of Ayn Rand, the writer, coming up with excuses before writing, and right as she's about to start she realizes she never cleaned her white tennis shoes from last summer)

So Lana is maybe saying - embrace this lack of responsibility and carelessness (put your white tennis shoes on and follow me) because she and her lover are abandoning all material posession, attachment, etc. for each other. She will never sing again, he won't work another day, thats how strongly they are committed to this, or she wants them to be.

White Tennis Shoes are also very mid-Americana aesthetically, so there's also the possibility that she likes that. He's putting on his white, pure, clean tennis shoes and going with her on an adventure/journey, the next chapter of their lives together. The assumption is that he has a clean canvas that will at the end of the journey be painted/dirtied or filled in with the experiences they make together. 

This is amazing. Thank you! We love a lyrical genius lol

Now, who of you were slandering Swan Song?  :brows3:   :creep:

Lemme go back to something Anne wrote before: I totally agree, I really, really want Lana to just scream into the mic again. I really want it for the next album. The Heart Shaped Box cover and Cruel World bring me back to life, there's so much feeling in the songs. :deadbanana: (Don't get me wrong, her calmer voice can be just as impressive)

But I doubt she will record a song like that, LFL was nothing near it and the leaked songs she has recorded since 2014/2015 were all very calm. I wonder if she is even capable of singing that loud anymore. :(

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Lemme go back to something Anne wrote before: I totally agree, I really, really want Lana to just scream into the mic again. I really want it for the next album. The Heart Shaped Box cover and Cruel World bring me back to life, there's so much feeling in the songs. :deadbanana: (Don't get me wrong, her calmer voice can be just as impressive)

But I doubt she will record a song like that, LFL was nothing near it and the leaked songs she has recorded since 2014/2015 were all very calm. I wonder if she is even capable of singing that loud anymore. :(

Her recent Terrence Loves You performances show she still has the power, she probably just prefers calmer sounds.

Her recent Terrence Loves You performances show she still has the power, she probably just prefers calmer sounds.

Oh, you're right about that. My apologies for questioning your abilities, queen Lana! :ohno:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Heroin's bridge proves she still has it in her 

i'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin... 

I disagree. She sings, but she's not quite yelling like in Cruel World. It's much more softer. :tsk:

she literally shouts IT'S FUCKING HOT  :judgingu3:

it's like the loudest she's ever been in a song

Agree to disagree. :whatever2: :kiss3: (But you made me wanna listen to the instrumental of Heroin and omggggg I forgot how spooky it really is ♥)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I just re-watched that video of Lana with Jack Antonoff in the studio (video is in the original post of this thread) and WTF I am only just noticing that really faintly in the background you can hear a new Lana song!! It's really quiet and only a few snippets but it sounds amazing!! Someone with super techno skills should edit the other sounds out so we can hear the song in the background more clearly! 

It's not clear enough to say it's definitely a Lana song. They could just have been listening to the radio or playing their own music.

Turn the sound up full volume and wear a decent pair of earphones, then listen again and you'll hear that it is definitely Lana!

Especially at the 0:05-0:07 time stamp.

Turn the sound up full volume and wear a decent pair of earphones, then listen again and you'll hear that it is definitely Lana!

Hmmmmmnnnnjjjn it's really difficult to say if it's her or not, you can almost hear nothing at all apart from a second of "clear" audio at 0:03 and two seconds between 0:05-0:07. :derpna2: :um2: All I hear is "wish that I could feel-"?

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

The end of Cruel World says hi

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

It sounds upbeat so she can keep it  :horror:

@arcadia

Yeah i saw it when i woke up, i was honestly so shOOK. My two angels finally met, imagine if they collabed i'd die :defeated: :defeated: It made me so happy

43.jpg

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e