Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

eugh swan song is one of lana's worst songs ever, along with carmen and guns and roses

HOW. DARE. YOU?

That was extremely homophobic  :icant:

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

I didn't like Swan Song that much the first months after HM came out. Then I had a super rough day at work, dragging on to be a super rough week. I was coming home in my car, listening to HM, and then Swan Song came on and it was... just what I was feeling and needed. Lana's voice is so soothing on that one... And I was pleasantly surprised to enjoy that track and now I love it.

There are some Lana songs we love at first, then there are the ones that are good but become so much more interesting after a few listens. And then there are the ones that need to grow on you. Mostly we fall in love with them when you are feeling a certain way, living a certain situation, and Lana just sings what you are thinking at that moment. 

I'm just staring there at my screen trying to write something constructive to defend Swan Song my top 3 Lana song for 5 minutes but you know what? Y'all can choke that's it

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

I didn't like Swan Song that much the first months after HM came out. Then I had a super rough day at work, dragging on to be a super rough week. I was coming home in my car, listening to HM, and then Swan Song came on and it was... just what I was feeling and needed. Lana's voice is so soothing on that one... And I was pleasantly surprised to enjoy that track and now I love it.

There are some Lana songs we love at first, then there are the ones that are good but become so much more interesting after a few listens. And then there are the ones that need to grow on you. Mostly we fall in love with them when you are feeling a certain way, living a certain situation, and Lana just sings what you are thinking at that moment. 

This! Swan Song is underrated imo

The lyrics of are so haunting:

"Let's leave the world for the ones who change everything" perfectly tying in with "And you've been gone so long you missed everything. The world can change in a day if you go away". It's poetically amazing. 

I will also add, although i know i will get stones thrown at me, that Coachella is not a bad song at all, and i get what she was feeling when she wrote it. 

She was coming out of Coachella and when you get out of a 3-day music festival (I did Osheaga in Canada multiple times, Coachella's little sister festival), your energy is through the roof and yet you are serene at the same time. You have discovered so much over the few hours that it music is pouring through you.  Plus remember that she was in a really good mood because of a certain rapper lol. And the next day, Trump and Korea were pretty much seeing head to head in that nuclear thing. So imagine the mix of the two: you are quite happy and in a «peace and love situation» and yet, war is imminent. It's a weird feeling. I was myself very scared the few days following the tension climbing. 

i get that she wanted to «do something about it», to write about that duality. 

True, its production relies a bit too much on the trap beats. But also keep in mind that that song was not supposed to be included on the track listing of LFL, but was mostly supposed to be a stand-alone single to be released at that peculiar moment in time. It was included when she decided to add the other collabs (surely the ASAP Rocky ones), and when her thing with G-Eazy went down the drain (In My Feelings, anyone?). Coachella fits on the album with all the new inclusions added. 

This! Swan Song is underrated imo

The lyrics of are so haunting:

"Let's leave the world for the ones who change everything" perfectly tying in with "And you've been gone so long you missed everything. The world can change in a day if you go away". It's poetically amazing. 

i love the build up, though very subtle: I will never sing again, and you won't work another day... It will be our swan song. 

i love the build up, though very subtle: I will never sing again, and you won't work another day... It will be our swan song. 

Agreed. The song is so nicely constructed. And also "put your white tennis shoes on and follow me", like: what does that even mean? It could mean anything, really. And it's so visual. 

despite being heavily underrated, i really do believe 24 is one of her strongest songs ever. the amount of power....

One of her most «James-Bond» ones, like Shades of Cool.  24 is just superb in its composition and execution. I fell in love instantly with it the first time I heard it. 

One of her most «James-Bond» ones, like Shades of Cool.  24 is just superb in its composition and execution. I fell in love instantly with it the first time I heard it.

it was instantly my favorite from HM!! i dont get the hate one bit