Sitar

Member of the Week #6: myriiiam

Yep, it's that time of week again! (Actually, we're rather overdue, but I bet TrailerParkDarling has enjoyed her several weeks in the homepage spotlight.) I'm happy to present our newest Member of the Week, myriiiam! Hers was one of the closest races we've had so far in the forum, but in the end she won. Read her interview, bask in her glory, listen to her song and weep...Her answers are thoughtful and I, for one, am glad she shared with us!

Member of the Week: myriiiam!

1. What did you do today?

Woke up at 5 am to catch up on being late in my studies, then went and did my midterm, then came back home for the week end. So exciting right?

2. What are your hobbies?

My hobbies are reading, writing, listening to music, watching movies.. You know, the usual.

I also like buying really old and ugly clothes and then change and style them my own way.

3. What's your current career? What's your dream job?

Well I'm currently a student as you might have guessed, I'm on my 3rd year of med school studying to become a psychiatrist.

My dream job is to join the "Médecins Sans Frontières". I'm not sure what they're called in English (wait, let me google it), Doctors of the World?

Well it's actually volunteering so I don't know if it counts as a job, but it is my dream, and I'm proud enough to say I'm working my way towards it!

4. What would you consider your greatest accomplishment(s)?

Well, 5 years ago, I saved my friend from committing suicide, and her telling me that she's alive because of me, really felt like the best thing I've done so far in my life, and it definitely is.

But is that considered an 'accomplishment' or does it come off as vain? I don't know, if it sounds wrong, just cross it and put getting into med school.

5. Do you believe in any form of life after death?

I suppose it depends on your definition of "life". I believe that heaven is a state of mind, but I don't think we would actually be living and talking and doing stuff in heaven, does that make any sense?

6. What's something not many people know about you or that we would be surprised to learn about?

Umm, my bestfriend's name is Lana! How weird right?

7. What is your favorite memory?

I remember being like 8 or 9. My little sister was still a baby. And I remember my other sister and my mom sitting next to me; and my dad was trying to film us. And we were all laughing and I remember feeling so happy and safe like I had everything anyone could ever wish for.

8. When did you become a fan of Lana? What was it about her that attracted you to her?

I came across Blue Jeans on youtube, and just fell in love with the song, it honestly felt like I've been searching for that song my whole life.

It's not my favorite now, but then it just really struck me.

What attracted me to her was that her style was different from anything I've heard in a long while, and that I somehow related to her even though the life she portrayed in her songs was so different from mine.

9. Which Lana album is your favorite: Born to Die, Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant, or Sirens?

This is really hard to answer but I think I'll go with LDR aka Lizzy Grant...

No wait, BTD..

No, no aka..

Okay I'll pass.

10. If given the opportunity to meet Lana for an hour, what would you do/say?

I'll probably be too overwhelmed to say anything, maybe I'll just hug her and cry and tell her that I love her and that she has inspired me so much. And then repeat for an hour lol.

11. Would you rather love and be loved or know all God knows?

Honestly, I don't think I could pass out on the chance to know all what God knows. But maybe I say that because I haven't really experienced true love yet.

12. Of all the unreleased videos and songs we have knowledge of, what do you thirst for most?

ALL OF THEMMMM

13. Are you the leaker?

Yes.

14. Are you Lana?

Yes.

15. Are you Ben Mawson?

Yes.

16. Did you answer the 3 questions above honestly?

Yeah, totally. I'm getting this vibe that you think I'm lying?

Let me ask you a question, do you like me?

SH: If you give me "Daytona Meth", tbh! #entitlement

17. Who are your favourite artists?

Other than Lana, I tend to listen to more french music than english. So I'd say my favorites are Charles Aznavour, Edith Piaf and Jacques Brel. But I also like some Madonna, Sinatra, and recently Marina and The Weeknd.

18. What was the last book you read?

Lolita, it was amazing.

19. Recommend us a song (can’t be top 40/popular) that we just have to listen to!

Ne me quitte pas - Jacques Brel (if you haven't already). Even if you don't understand the lyrics, just listen.

20. Put your iPod/music library on shuffle and tell us which 10 songs are played. Don't skip, don't cheat!

Omg, let's see.

1) Je t'aime, tu vois - Daniel Guichard

2) La Isla Bonita - Madonna

3) Non Je Ne Regrette rien - Edith Piaf

4) The Outsider - Marina and the Diamonds

5) Jessie's Girl - Rick Springfield

6) It's all your fault - P!nk

7) Mon Mec A Moi - Patricia Kaas

8) Diet Mtn Dew - Lana Del Rey

9) Valerie - Amy Winehouse

10) Fly me to the moon - Frank Sinatra

21. What are the small things in life that make you as happy as a clam kitty?

Rainy days and the first sip of coffee in the morning

22. What do you think your purpose is? Are you happy with where you are in life?

I don't know what my exact purpose might be, but I really do believe that I'm here to help people and make a difference. I'm not fully satisfied, no. There are so many things I still want!

23. What are your pet peeves / deal-breakers when it comes to friends/relationships?

Close minded people, shallow people, and people who don't have ambitions.

On a more 'regular' basis, I really hate people who make noise while eating ughhh

24. What would you say is your favorite physical trait + personality trait in potential partner?

Physical: Hair and style

Personality: I don't know, so many. Just, not ordinary

25. do u like pies?

Lol, no ;) pies are a sad excuse for a desert.

I'm really getting this weird vibe that you're trying to trick me, so I'll just stop here.

BONUS: Is there anything you'd like to tell the community of LanaBoards?

I'm sorry if you fell asleep halfway through but thank you all for making this place so amazing! And to all those who voted for me, you free cookies shall be arriving soon !

BONUS #2: Isn't Maru such a complete mess for trying to pass off as a bunny nowadays? Do you think it's because she was so ashamed that her dull gray coat was much uglier than that of SitarKitty's? Don't you also agree that HDB should just STOP trying to be as cute as me because he is of subpar cuteness and now isn't even part of a matching set, making him much less of a novelty? Every time you come across Sitar's claims that he is a great cat, don't you have this reaction: :crying: ?

Aww but the forum was really missing a slutty bunny. Go Go Dancer bunnaay fits right in.

And I think you should stop trying to be as cute as HBD, matching sets R 2 mainstream anws!

No I'm joking! I actually do have that reaction, except it's x10 :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: and I start hyperventilating bcuz u r perf and I jus LUV U SO MUCH

SH: The feud remains unresolved...

Congrats, myriiiam, and thanks for being an awesome member! I think all your voters would agree ;)

Congratulations myriiam!!! :D

Great choice :P

Congratulations myriiiam! Loved reading this interview! :)

Thank you so much!

Your Yayo cover is absolutely stunning. Congratulations on MOTW <3

Really? Aw thanks!

Love this, great interview. baby u da best.

u da bestesttt <3

Long hair, Lana that's my bitch

13. Are you the leaker?

Yes.

14. Are you Lana?

Yes.

15. Are you Ben Mawson?

Yes.

Dy2Hm.gif

3. What's your current career? What's your dream job?

Well I'm currently a student as you might have guessed, I'm on my 3rd year of med school studying to become a psychiatrist.

:oprah:

Gurl, you+me, optical-mouse-LED-lit dinner at the convo thread, what say you?

21. What are the small things in life that make you as happy as a clam kitty?

Rainy days

onion-104.gif

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.

This interview is much more interesting than mine would be, well done!!

That's not true! I enjoyed our fierce competition though lol

Gurl, you+me, optical-mouse-LED-lit dinner at the convo thread, what say you?

:excited:

19. Recommend us a song (can’t be top 40/popular) that we just have to listen to!

Ne me quitte pas - Jacques Brel (if you haven't already). Even if you don't understand the lyrics, just listen.

You spelt Nina Simone wrong :imbeingsarcasticbitch2:

jk

Congratulations :thankyou:

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_1h0d6zmin8g0

You spelt Nina Simone wrong :imbeingsarcasticbitch2:

jk

Congratulations :thankyou:

Nina Simone's rendition is beyond perfect too!

Thank youu <3

CONGRATS! You are awesome! -- Forever waiting until my cookie shows up in the mail :)

You are awesome. Haha, someday it'll be there, never lose hope!

tumblr_mcvt9z121A1rd93s2o1_500.jpg

Congrats, myriiiam! This forum is all the better for having you here... and the world will be a better place, I'm sure, with you as a psychiatrist! :)

Wow, that is the sweetest thing ever, thank you so much <3

Guest Slutty Bunny

Congrats! I loved your answers. :3 I think your goals to become a psychiatrist and work with Doctors Without Borders are really admirable, but how you helped your friend is even more amazing. :')

BONUS #2: Isn't Maru such a complete mess for trying to pass off as a bunny nowadays? Do you think it's because she was so ashamed that her dull gray coat was much uglier than that of SitarKitty's? Don't you also agree that HDB should just STOP trying to be as cute as me because he is of subpar cuteness and now isn't even part of a matching set, making him much less of a novelty? Every time you come across Sitar's claims that he is a great cat, don't you have this reaction: :crying: ?

BACK OFF, SITARKITTY

tumblr_m8kj35NtD81r88lw6o1_500.gif

Congrats! I loved your answers. :3 I think your goals to become a psychiatrist and work with Doctors Without Borders are really admirable, but how you helped your friend is even more amazing. :')

That's really nice of you to say <33

Congrats myriiam! I already told i love your yayo cover, but let me say it again.

Really enjoyed your interview, really entertaining. Also, could this be love? :erm: :excited: :flutter:

Probably :hooker:

well done! great interview(:

Thank you! :)

I really enjoyed reading the interview! And congrats, I couldn't have lost to a better person x ;)

:love: