Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I just love how simple and humble Lana is, man it's a freaking ''celebration'' and she's wearing only a simple dress and a sandal.

just like jesus would :agree:

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

But if they were not "same-y" you would be here bitching about the lack of cohesive album sound.

She can't win.

i mean personally i've never complained about cohesiveness on this forum, hasn't been something that's concerned me. i don't think it's necessarily as black and white as that either. i'm certainly not against her making creative risks, i've always been for it. what i've criticised is her collaborations with singers i've felt have drowned her 

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

Curious about How To Disapear. Haven't listened to anything, was it some sort of illegal leak or some site just fucked up and put it earlier?

A random site accidentally put them up early for two/three hours

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Norman Fucking Rockwell topped Ultraviolence... I’m sorry. It’s just the truth. When Lana experiments with new producers she births the most beautiful pieces ever. Her and Jack have really created a cohesive album filled with magic and turbulence and the most raw emotion.

giphy.gif

Norman Fucking Rockwell topped Ultraviolence... I’m sorry. It’s just the truth. When Lana experiments with new producers she births the most beautiful pieces ever. Her and Jack have really created a cohesive album filled with magic and turbulence and the most raw emotion.

I think Honeymoon topped Ultraviolence for me, but these things are subjective and otherwise I agree. NFR definitely sounds like her best work to date

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

A random site accidentally put them up early for two/three hours

Ah that's not bad. Tried to find something but honestly nothing showed up so at this point I'll just wait I guess.

But nice there were no huge meltdowns from what I've seem. Apart from HTD lol.

it ain't out yet ma!

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

Ah that's not bad. Tried to find something but honestly nothing showed up so at this point I'll just wait I guess.

But nice there were no huge meltdowns from what I've seem. Apart from HTD lol.

They might be floating around on Twitter? The snippets really shocked me by how great they sound. In my opinion it will be one of, if not her best works to date. 

I think Honeymoon topped Ultraviolence for me, but these things are subjective and otherwise I agree. NFR definitely sounds like her best work to date

yeah. i think what happened for me is that i loved ultraviolence and still do, but i then rediscovered honeymoon last year (when i was uh.. 29) and felt "actually... this record is her maturing and echoes a lot of the old greats. fuck.. why didn't i appreciate it as much at the time."

Her voice on Bartender sounds like TNC

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

yeah. i think what happened for me is that i loved ultraviolence and still do, but i then rediscovered honeymoon last year (when i was uh.. 29) and felt "actually... this record is her maturing and echoes a lot of the old greats. fuck.. why didn't i appreciate it as much at the time."

I usually look at records as a whole, so when an album is super cohesive in quality or sound, it ranks higher for me than an album such as Ultraviolence that has some of her career best, but doesn't keep up with the same quality throughout. Ultraviolence just kind of...falls flat for me when Sad Girl comes on. Honeymoon is a tight, sonically cohesive record with a poetic landscape. 

just wanna clarify, i think NFR will probably get her the accolade she potentially wants. i'm not disputing at all that sound wise it's her maturing again. main thing that bothers me is that i think in order to not find it 'samey' you may have to discover it first or even alone, without having much knowledge of her back catalogue. i am aware that it'll make no difference to its success however