American Whore

Lies Lana Has Told Us Thread

"Tigers and women can't be in the same room. Even if the tiger is a female. Because the pheromones a girl puts off - the tiger will eat them."

I mean, obviously I get why you wouldn't be in the same room as a tiger, and I'm not a zoologist, but I do not think that is the reason. If it was, tigers at zoos would never have female handlers, and they do.

It is therefore my conclusion that that was 100% Lana Del Liar.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I can't believe this thread is only 6 pages long; there are so many lies. I think of a new one every day.

Technically the video for LFL is a lie because there is no ladder or platform on the H of the Hollywood sign (or on any of the other letters, for that matter).

Has to be one of the most upsetting lies.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

but coming off that, has anyone actually ever tried to do a timeline of lana's life? idk where she would even fit a four year degree (presumably four) in amongst her singing, living in a trailer park, being a junkie mess, recording 20 million songs, releasing albums, doing charity work on reservations...etc.

These things mostly work out. What I can't work out are all the relationships she had and/or claims to have had for the lengths of time they supposedly were.

The timelines alleged by herself and others, even accounting for some rounding up, don't add up without some overlap or counting "off" time in on again off again relationships.

when I joined the site there was an obsession of people here (especially that Kevin twink) waiting for Lana to release it bc she had mentioned of wanting to do so

I had no less than 5 posts making fun of him and others for holding on to that delusional hope, including this gem:

dTav33n.jpg

Maybe she had to repeat a year somewhere in her schooling, and didn't want people to know/was embarrassed, so she subtracted a year. Considering her problems with alcohol that isn't out of the question; it's plausible that she may've missed some school.

Nah. She took a gap year before attending Fordham, but if anything she'd have had to have skipped a grade (she didn't) to have finished high school the year she did and be the age she was claiming to be.

Read it closer - it's not a contradiction at all. The second quote is about people around her convincing her she should have a name other than a band name, or 'Lizzy Grant', while the first quote is about where the specific name 'Lana Del Rey' came from. (It's illogical that 'a series of managers and lawyers' would have somehow collectively come up with the name 'Lana Del Rey').

I agree it's not necessarily a contradiction. Also, we can probably exclude Ben from being able to take any credit for the name change. She had already been performing as Lana Del Rey for several months by the first time Princess Superstar says they met.

Technically the video for LFL is a lie because there is no ladder or platform on the H of the Hollywood sign (or on any of the other letters, for that matter).

Has to be one of the most upsetting lies.

Everyone knows that's where my not-so-secret secret lair is.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

These things mostly work out. What I can't work out are all the relationships she had and/or claims to have had for the lengths of time they supposedly were.

The timelines alleged by herself and others, even accounting for some rounding up, don't add up without some overlap or counting "off" time in on again off again relationships.

"Overlap" was my attempt at being diplomatic/non-judgy.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

Suddenly remembered that time she told us to share our phone numbers and she’d call us up lol, did she really call anyone or were people faking? Most posts were like “oh no, someone called and I missed it, it was Lana!” from what I recall.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Suddenly remembered that time she told us to share our phone numbers and she’d call us up lol, did she really call anyone or were people faking? Most posts were like “oh no, someone called and I missed it, it was Lana!” from what I recall.

damn this feels like so long ago. and i feel like she only talked to one person from a groupchat or something... or no one. i can't remember.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

Hhaa that was so stupid

I think she might have called people but keep in mind that most fans aren't posting all over the internet like we are :')

old but one of my biggest is "who the fuck is jim?" she says it's jim beam, but she also references her alleged relationship with jimmy gnecco countless times (the going to the gas station for snacks thing) in countless songs which they apparently did together. he fits the profile in so many songs on ultraviolence

don't quote me on this but if i remember at one point she said the ultraviolence song was inspired by jim morrison and pamela courson's relationship, given a book i read about them it does seem quite fitting in some ways. plus she references jim morrison officially in god's & monsters

who the fuck is jim who knows

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

33m7xao.jpg

Here we have pictured Elizabeth Grant, either age 45 or 46, professionally known as Lana Del Rey, a former American singer, songwriter, record producer, model, music video director and gay icon for Millenials born in the mid-1990s to early 2000s. Her music has been noted by critics for its stylized cinematic quality; its preoccupation with themes of tragic romance, glamour, and melancholia; and its references to pop culture, particularly 1950s and 1960s Americana.

Following numerous projects including her debut studio album and the unreleased Sirens, Del Rey's breakthrough came after the viral success of her debut single "Video Games" in 2011. Following her breakthrough record Born to Die, she released a follow-up EP and later on 4 other albums within the span of 8 years before eventually retiring to pursue her life long dream of becoming a poet, rather than continuing her career as a performing artist.

She released her first poetry book Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass in 2020 which was only available at various independent bookshops located in LA, even though the poetry book had gained worldwide demand early on ever since it was first announced. Due to the book's limited print and high demand, the prices of original copies sold online skyrocketed, also making various bootlegs easier to find for purchase. Since then she has released two more poetry books with even more limited prints.

Del Rey still lives in Los Angeles and some of her hobbies include long walks on beaches, studying varities of tea (matcha being her favourite), charity and some religious activities. She is known for her soirées, in which she also sometimes performs some of her oldest hits for the elite of LA and her friends from the entertainment industry. To her ordinary admirers, she holds readings of her poems and also meet and greets in the heart of LA every now and then, other than that she lives a solitary everyday life, just like your regular Los Angeles based aunt. 

Here we have pictured Elizabeth Grant, either age 45 or 46, professionally known as Lana Del Rey, a former American singer, songwriter, record producer, model, music video director and gay icon for Millenials born in the mid-1990s to early 2000s. Her music has been noted by critics for its stylized cinematic quality; its preoccupation with themes of tragic romance, glamour, and melancholia; and its references to pop culture, particularly 1950s and 1960s Americana.

Following numerous projects including her debut studio album and the unreleased Sirens, Del Rey's breakthrough came after the viral success of her debut single "Video Games" in 2011. Following her breakthrough record Born to Die, she released a follow-up EP and later on 4 other albums within the span of 8 years before eventually retiring to pursue her life long dream of becoming a poet, rather than continuing her career as a performing artist.

She released her first poetry book Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass in 2020 which was only available at various independent bookshops located in LA, even though the poetry book had gained worldwide demand early on ever since it was first announced. Due to the book's limited print and high demand, the prices of original copies sold online skyrocketed, also making various bootlegs easier to find for purchase. Since then she has released two more poetry books with even more limited prints.

Del Rey still lives in Los Angeles and some of her hobbies include long walks on beaches, studying varities of tea (matcha being her favourite), charity and some religious activities. She is known for her soirées, in which she also sometimes performs some of her oldest hits for the elite of LA and her friends from the entertainment industry. To her ordinary admirers, she holds readings of her poems and also meet and greets in the heart of LA every now and then, other than that she lives a solitary everyday life, just like your regular Los Angeles based aunt. 

Ngl, you almost got me there

old but one of my biggest is "who the fuck is jim?" she says it's jim beam, but she also references her alleged relationship with jimmy gnecco countless times (the going to the gas station for snacks thing) in countless songs which they apparently did together. he fits the profile in so many songs on ultraviolence

don't quote me on this but if i remember at one point she said the ultraviolence song was inspired by jim morrison and pamela courson's relationship, given a book i read about them it does seem quite fitting in some ways. plus she references jim morrison officially in god's & monsters

who the fuck is jim who knows

Jim is most definitely multiple things. I think its past relationships, the alcohol and jim morrison. i mean come on, its a common name. Lana said before that she sings her songs in metaphors, like in 13 beaches "It hurts to love you, but I still love you" isnt for a person, the you shes talking about is her fame/career.

This is actually something I'm not sure belongs here! I don't think it's a lie per se. We know from HTD, with its "John" who is most likely Josh, and "Jim" which in this case is Joe, that she's not opposed to using a fake name to refer to a real person. "Jim" could be a place instead of a person, a place in her life that several men have filled. He could be somewhat of a stereotype, a caricature of her "type" -she has mentioned before that she always falls for the same type of guy. Maybe there was only one real "Jim", only one real man with that name, who came into her life before the others, and he had such a strong impact on her that she kept trying to find him in other men who were sufficiently like him. Maybe "Jim" is Lana's nymphet lol.

- Leaking Life Is Beautiful for the fans (this hurts the most :cry:)

- Releasing an EP with Lust For Life unreleased stuff

- Releasing an album with 25 unreleased songs

- PWYC music video

- Cola music video

- Dark Paradise music video

- Tropico 2.0

- Doing her own fragrance

Oh sister, so many lies...

original.gif