Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

I love Ultraviolence but Cruel World as an opener is too long. It's a great track but it gets soo repetitive that I can't remember when was the last time I listened to the song in full.

Β 

Also, I remember there was a sort of intro/demo around that never made it into the album where she sang "let the light in, it's a cruel world" or something like that, does anybody know if that thing still exists? Couldn't find it on YT.

Also, I remember there was a sort of intro/demo around that never made it into the album where she sang "let the light in, it's a cruel world" or something like that, does anybody know if that thing still exists? Couldn't find it on YT.

Β 

She used to open her shows in 2014 singing "Let the light in, let the light shine, it's a cruel world" as a sort of intro right before 'Cola'. I don't think that was an official song, just random lines she used to sing before every show.

She used to open her shows in 2014 singing "Let the light in, let the light shine, it's a cruel world" as a sort of intro right before 'Cola'. I don't think that was an official song, just random lines she used to sing before every show.

Ooh I didn't know that. I think lol. Thanks!

Ooh I didn't know that. I think lol. Thanks!

Β 

Yeah just go on YouTube and watch her performances of 'Cola' from 2014, you'll find what you are looking for.Β  :D

i'm tempted to say lust for life is my second favorite album, i can't believe people don't like that one...

Β 

i mean, it kind of fizzles out in the third act, but love-god bless america is like...pure gold. and then she brings it home with change and get free.

Β 

literally an amazing body of work (to me)

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

My top 5 Lana songs

1. Mariners Apartment Complex

2. Get Free

3. Bel Air

4. Heroin

5. Venice Bitch

Β 

Venice Bitch or Mariners should’ve opened the album imo

Β 

Β 

100% yes, MAC followed by VB is one of the best side by side track situations she has.Β 

and 13 beaches for LFL would have made the best opening.

Will never understand the hate towards Coachella (apart from the overproduction that somehow bugs the song). What a beautiful, dreamy song, what an outstanding outro!

i'm tempted to say lust for life is my second favorite album, i can't believe people don't like that one...

Β 

i mean, it kind of fizzles out in the third act, but love-god bless america is like...pure gold. and then she brings it home with change and get free.

Β 

literally an amazing body of work (to me)

Β 

yes!Β  i agree with you.

Β 

love, LFL, 13 beaches, cherry, god bless america, heroin, change, get free- these are all lana essentials for me :)

i hate when people push for her to be casted as priscilla presley or sharon tate. she doesn't even look like them, she just does her hair and makeup to emulate the era. hiring an actor purely on the basis of how similar their fashion is is recipe for a shit movie. and she's really just not the best at acting anyways

Β 157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

Will never understand the hate towards Coachella (apart from the overproduction that somehow bugs the song). What a beautiful, dreamy song, what an outstanding outro!

Β 

Trap beats and corny contemplative lyrics? :creep:

Β 

girl dont even get me started on how much i hate that song. all the musical problems aside, the concept of the song is just so cheesy and out of touch. rich white woman writes song about how shes at coachella, thinking about "the children" reflecting the politics of the time. like c'monnnnn. political commentary really just isn't her thing

Β 157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

girl dont even get me started on how much i hate that song. all the musical problems aside, the concept of the song is just so cheesy and out of touch. rich white woman writes song about how shes at coachella, thinking about "the children" reflecting the politics of the time. like c'monnnnn. political commentary really just isn't her thing

Β 

-man here xd-, not that the rest of her lyrical production isn't cheesy and out of touch most of the time -at least for me, and more from a political perspective (her whole narrative oscilates towards the experiences of a rich, privileged white woman, so not something that discredits that particular song truly)-. I've never been a "fan" of Lana's lyricism, but mostly the opposite. What makes her music magical for me is the experience and emotion she is able to convey no matter the words she is singing, and Coachella is from my point of view a good example for that.

If I'm in the right mindset Coachella slaps ngl

locals only

Don't call me angel is a piece of garbage and i still believe lana was forced to make that song

Β 

this song is really underrated, like try to listen to it during this covid19/ protests crazy days

it literally fits the vibes of these days to the level it brought tears to my eyesΒ 

:smile3:

Don't call me angel is a piece of garbage and i still believe lana was forced to make that song

Her bit is the only bit that is remotely decent and I'm not even being biased.

Β 

I don't think I've even listened to that song since the day I watched the mv.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Β 

Β 

Β 

Tbh if it was a Disney song sun by younger stars I'd be fascinated and it would be my guilty pleasure. But the fact that it's sung by 3 grown women who could have done far betterΒ  :crossed:

Β 

The song really is garbage but I lowkey love Lana's part. It's kind of funny how much she really does steal the entire show

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.