Real Deal

BANKS

hate the fact that till now builds so much hype and then it just ends without exploding, ugh. it's such a great song.

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

Waiting for messy gays to say this is her best album.. Bet this will be the same type of gays that claim

Joanne - best Gaga album

Froot - best Marina album

Honeymoon - best Lana album

Etc.

This is album is such a letdown, half of the album is skip worthy, Alaska, Stroke & Gimmie being best on album.

I just really can't believe she just dropped her best album to date, AOTY material, just like Lana's Honeymoon (AKA her best album to date).

:hottie:

8nl2OpX.png

Can't decide if Propaganda or The fall is my absolute favourite track of the album. They are both top notch 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

I'll definitely need some more time to properly form my opinion on this. The only thing I'm sure about is that it's not her best album, but honestly, that's fine. It would be unfair to use The Altar as the benchmark and compare everything else she releases with it. III is a great record, after all.

My two main issues as of now:

• You can almost never clearly hear her vocals, as others have already mentioned. In fact, some of the songs are giving me war flashbacks to Fetty Wap's verse on Gwen Stefani's Asking 4 It LMAO. I know it's an effect used on purpose, and sometimes it works really well, but Banks is such a gifted writer, so I would very much love to actually understand what she's saying.
  • It's all a bit too samey, especially in the middle of the record. Now maybe I only feel this way because it's a brand new album, but right now it seems that it lacks sonic diversity a bit. Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate that she tried out new things and sounds, but within the album, III just doesn't have that amazing variety that The Altar had (particularly in its first half).
I hope that I'll change my opinion on some of these issues once I get to listen to it a few more times and discover new nuances of the album. Everything I've said is based on the two spins I've given the album last night, and I'm at work right now, but I'm already looking forward to playing this a couple more times later today. My early favourites are definitely Gimme, Propaganda, and The Fall. Honourable mentions: Contaminated, Stroke, Godless.

Anyway, I am soo happy she is back! And despite the issues I've listed, I do think it's a fantastic album. I liked it enough to order the red vinyl for € 30, I think that says everything lol.

I definitely agree with 1. The vocals. I think it's gotten worse with each album. with many songs on The Altar, I had to either look the lyrics up myself or just listen to it over and over and then one day 1-2 years after the album release the lyrics were finally realised in my head. But I really want to understand this album so Im gonna have to look them all up. 

And also with 2. I agree. Despite listening to the album 4 times through, I cannot even tell you what Sawzall, Alaska, Hawaiian Mazes, the first half of Water, and What About Love sound like, cause I forget. Meanwhile the other songs are up there in my favourites because they really leave an impact. But I probably could have said similar things about Goddess and The Altar. There were a few songs on each that escaped my attention for years but that I now really appreciate.

wait i’m gong through the album right now and it’s kinda excellent. this is the music i think of when i read reviews about her music cause i’ve always seen people call her music dark r&b and i would never describe her music as that but III is very much that i’m literally obsessed. ANYWAYS .... i just finished Hawaiian Mazes and is this song not a career highlight? the EXCELLENCE

I like Sawzall better now & Hawaiian Mazes too. Both of those 2 are my favorite so far. LWYDTM is good too

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

also i know i trashed the singles but they fit better when listening to the whole album. especially LWYDTM ... i hated it on release but when it came around i was literally yelling the lyrics. UGHHHH ... jillian’s mind. and i like gimme more and i love it after Till Now ... it sounds like Till Now and Gimmie could’ve been one song and Till Now is the intro and the calmer version of Gimme

Hawaiian Mazes is brilliant, but it's just not quite up there with my favourites from this album (yet). :creep:

@@Ultra Violet yeah she always has some songs that take quite long to get into... literally one of the last The Altar tracks I learned to appreciate was Mother Earth, and now it's one of my favourites and SUCH a discography highlight!

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Imagine what Till now would've sounded like if it didn't end so abruptly and exploded into amazingness after that intense build-up. We would've been dead right from the start. She actually saved us from a possible death so that we would listen to the rest of the album. She truly loves her fans

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

YOU PUSHED ME IN THE OCEAN
oJuyYD2.gif
BETTER YET, YOU PUT ME IN THE MODE
oJuyYD2.gif
WRONG DIRECTION TO PUT YOU IN MOTION
oJuyYD2.gif
I GET IT, YOU MISS DOING THINGS AT THE 9-0
oJuyYD2.gif oJuyYD2.gif oJuyYD2.gif

LOL I forgot that video existed

It's only my dark city, only my new man...