lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?  

1,051 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?

• Cruel World
    • Ultraviolence
    • Shades Of Cool
    • Brooklyn Baby
    • West Coast
    • Sad Girl
    • Pretty When You Cry
    • Money Power Glory
    • Fucked My Way Up To The Top
    • Old Money
    • The Other Woman
    • Black Beauty
    • Guns and Roses
    • Florida Kilos
    • Is This Happiness
    • Flipside

Old Money is probably one of my favorite songs from Lana.

I love that she covered Nina Simone. <3

fun fact: I didn't know "Kilos" was a reference to drugs until I watched some crime TV show and realized "kilos of drugs" -_- up until earlier this year I thought it was a place in Florida.

My mind is so innocent to this lifestyle. smh.

*listens once to Lana*

*goes online to find a sugar daddy*

#protectyourchildren

*listens once to Lana*

*goes online to find a sugar daddy*

#protectyourchildren

lolol. In America "kilos" aren't used much for measurement. I'm surprised I didn't know though because my fiance is a recovery drug addict.

oh well. you learn something new everyday hahaha.

don't worry, i never found the sugar daddy thing appealing ;)

edit: and I've listened to her more than once!

~INSTA1.gif

I wonder why she left out Fine China, Yes To Heaven & Your Girl?

UV could've been massive. Are there more songs that didn't made the cut?

I love those songs but I can see why she didn't include them, they don't really fit with the sound of the rest of the album.

I love those songs but I can see why she didn't include them, they don't really fit with the sound of the rest of the album.

I forgot AFFA. Do we have a better picture of the original UV now?

Mfhp.gif

Also, with all of the bonus tracks and stuff UV was 17 songs long. That's already really long. Like I love Fine China but I feel like it serves a similar purpose as Old Money, so it would have to be a one or the other kinda deal

I placed it before Is This Happiness

Mfhp.gif

I think the ONLY serious mistake she made was not to include Flipside and Is This Happiness on UV (and no, I don't consider an iTunes and Target bonus a proper inclusion). Nobody really needed GAR and Cruel World.

Fine China is nicely written, but then she loses the song at around 3:10 and the song goes on for another 2 and a half minutes for no reason. And it would have needed a different production. 

I think the ONLY serious mistake she made was not to include Flipside and Is This Happiness on UV (and no, I don't consider an iTunes and Target bonus a proper inclusion). Nobody really needed GAR and Cruel World.

Fine China is nicely written, but then she loses the song at around 3:10 and the song goes on for another 2 and a half minutes for no reason. And it would have needed a different production. 

I completely agree. Although I think by the time it were released this would be fixed. To me its a demo of an excellent song that never became completely developed. I would have loved to see what auerbach would have done with it 

I don't agree. Cruel World is the best opening for UV. The Other Woman should've been gone.

Mfhp.gif

I don't agree. Cruel World is the best opening for UV. The Other Woman should've been gone.

CW is awful. There is no excuse for that. Recycling some phrases from her former material, awful and repetitive lyrics and it drags forever. Like, why is it over freakin six minutes long? The music is awesome. It is very well produced. But when Lana sings "I am :) crazy", I just think to myself that homegirl should stop calling herself a crazy motherfuckin :), just because she was able to put a red dress on :rip:

Before releasing UV I thought that CW would be really about the cruelty in this world, but later she came up with I shared my body and my mind with you. I guess she could have come with a better title for this song, but still love it. 

CW is awful. There is no excuse for that. Recycling some phrases from her former material, awful and repetitive lyrics and it drags forever. Like, why is it over freakin six minutes long? The music is awesome. It is very well produced. But when Lana sings "I am :) crazy", I just think to myself that homegirl should stop calling herself a crazy motherfuckin :), just because she was able to put a red dress on :rip:

I love this song do much. The sound, the lyrics everything about it.

Mfhp.gif

i wonder if there are any dan auerbach outtakes?

yes to heaven sounds nice but is a little awkward and fine china sounds like an okay country song. hope your girl leaks. it might be bad too, but it would be nice to hear... i would love to hear some demos from songs we know. i rlly want the sad girl and shades of cool demos.

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

i wonder if there are any dan auerbach outtakes?

yes to heaven sounds nice but is a little awkward and fine china sounds like an okay country song. hope your girl leaks. it might be bad too, but it would be nice to hear... i would love to hear some demos from songs we know. i rlly want the sad girl and shades of cool demos.

I want to know how all songs were before they were made by Dan Auerbach :)

Mfhp.gif

U guys are crazy! I'm not the biggest fan of Cruel World, but it's definitely an ~ epic ~ starting point for the album! & Lana herself has emphasized before how important The Other Woman is in closing the overall narrative of the album / story. Plus, her voice is so beautiful and sad... TBH remove the real filler, Money Power Glory. It's so lame & bland & lyrically lazy mehhhh. Sad Girl isn't great either, idk why it's such a favorite. It's not bad but mehhhhh.

14417469274.gif