Sitar

VIDEO PREMIERE: Ultraviolence

Wow, a lot of people really hate this one, don't they? I think it's pretty great; probably my favorite of the UV videos so far. It perfectly captures the atmosphere of the song, and shooting it on the down low on an iphone gives it a vaguely dangerous vibe that also makes it feel independent and unique among stars of her caliber. She looks great and is charismatic, and even funny at times. There's a general air of mysteriousness pervading the whole thing that makes me want to watch it over and over. I don't find it boring at all. If anything it's much more interesting than big, melodramatic, plot-heavy video would've been. For me anyway.

Exactly!!

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif

Hmm... I don't dislike the general idea or direction of the video, but some of the camera angles/editing however.. :facepalm:

In any case the song is beautiful and I will take her walking aimlessly over no video at all any day! 

I am a shark,  beware of my bark

Shall we take bets on what fruit she'll eat next?

Well, we already have...

...an apple

tumblr_mwpaprDyDS1rkuf1ao1_500.gif

....a strawberry

original.gif

....and a really disgustingly eaten orange :biblio:

ayx546.jpg

So, fingers crossed for a banana! Am+I+the+only+one+who+was+impressed+at+f

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

Well, we already have...

...an apple

tumblr_mwpaprDyDS1rkuf1ao1_500.gif

....a strawberry

original.gif

....and a really disgustingly eaten orange :biblio:

ayx546.jpg

So, fingers crossed for a banana! Am+I+the+only+one+who+was+impressed+at+f

PWYC seems rather cherry-like to me...

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif

My money's on a bunch of dangling white grapes she eats one by one while relaxing on a lavish chaise.

Sidenote: I wonder if the heavy focus on her lips during the orange eating scene is supposed to be a big fuck you to critics who used them against her as proof she was "phony". I mean, they're really out there on display and covered in juice and being handled by dude's fingers. Seems kind of pointed if you ask me.

i like my candy and your heroin

She eats that mandarin like shes sucking dick :hawt: :hawt: :hawt:  :hawt:

oh my God I'm about to die AHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

then the smiley oh :hawt: ahahahahahhahahaha

You're fucking genius haahhaha

Has anyone been able to isolate the music from the background of the video? I can make out that the guy filming says "I think someone's coming" at the end at the church and he talks to Lana and directs her at the 4 sec mark and again as she starts to walk up the path but it's quite muted and behind the strings of the song.

....****~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~"I Believe in the Kindness of Strangers......"~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~****....

I like it, you're all complaining "Low budget, low budget" Get over yourselves, we're getting a video for Brooklyn Baby and Pretty When You Cry too, so go cry. We'll have more videos. She's in a goddamn wedding dress, people, really. Get over it. Omfg, you're lucky to have 5 (and hopefully more) videos for a record she was unsure about releasing this time last year. Seriously. If she doesn't wanna make a video that costs hundreds of thousands of dollars, its her choice to make, not fan-choice. 

I, for one, actually like the snippet we got. At least she's working on this record and who knows, we could end up with multiple videos for songs. Has everyone already forgotten last era? Who knows what we'll get for the record.

just lurking... i miss the UV era  :toofunny: