YUNGATA

Lana Del Rey at Golden Globe Awards 2015

This is a discussion board after all. If some of you think that being a fan only means to just sit there and clap without ever being unsatisfied with the music, looks or statements by your favourite artist than you are really something else. 

Every artist has to take the heat. EVERYBODY! When everybody can, Lana can, too. And this is not even taking some serious critisism, this is trivial shit. Don't be so defensive.

Personally, I don't think she looked the best she could, BUT she seemed to be in such a great mood, it reminded me a lot of her back in 2011 or 2012 and one of the reasons I fell in love with this woman.

If I had my way, Lana would still look like she did that one night at Arlene's Grocery in 2009. I'm just saying. :crossed:

Come on, y'all. She looked good, and if not because of the outfit, hair and makeup, then because she was radiating cheer with her smiley attitude. Let her live. :toofunny:

rihKQ8M.gif

Wow I thought she was dazzling. Her dress really stood out (debatable whether it was for all the wrong reasons or not). I think the worst Lana has ever looked at an awards show was that year she went to the Brits with a plait in her hair which was dyed way too dark for her complexion and she wore really plain dress (she looked rough that night).

I just hope she is nominated for an oscar so we get to see her perform Big Eyes live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb2:

We find out Thursday morning :defeated:

Imagine her performing at the Oscars, though. SNL: Part 2 or a chance to redeem herself and show that public how incredible her live vocals can be.

I, for my part, really liked the dress. Maybe a bit kitschy, but very Lana. That said I'm not really fond of her make-up, it makes her look older (in a bad way) and there's something wrong with her eyebrows. She seemed very happy and confident though. Nice to see her on the red carpet again! :)

Okay if you thought she was the worst dressed there please look at these MESSES...

slide_393578_4840150_compressed.jpg

Lorde's look is flawless imo :crossed:

Lana's dress is a fine and interesting historical/cultural allusion, and a public instance (one of the few I know of), of her stanning specifically for Marilyn Monroe. Her recent instagram where she blows kisses and photoshops the dress to be gold is an interesting reiteration of this and also an effective FU to the fashion police, imo.

I, for my part, really liked the dress. Maybe a bit kitschy, but very Lana. That said I'm not really fond of her make-up, it makes her look older (in a bad way) and there's something wrong with her eyebrows. She seemed very happy and confident though. Nice to see her on the red carpet again! :)

I think she would look better if the clothes fit her better, but she must have been going for an over sized look. Its a nice look though.

qsVmBMd.png

I knew someone would say this  :toofunny: I don't think it's the worst but I just think her masculine, I'm-not-the-average-beauty, over-sized suit look is getting tired. 

Lana's dress is a fine and interesting historical/cultural allusion, and a public instance (one of the few I know of), of her stanning specifically for Marilyn Monroe. Her recent instagram where she blows kisses and photoshops the dress to be gold is an interesting reiteration of this and also an effective FU to the fashion police, imo.

Nah...that was just a fashion attempt gone wrong. Nothing new, nothing worthy this much attention honeslty, next please. The interesting thing  I will never get over is the irony of having Kelly Osborne from all people criticizing fashion, not that the others that present the show have any taste but Kelly is the cherry of the cake. 

glgcDdT.gif

We find out Thursday morning :defeated:

Imagine her performing at the Oscars, though. SNL: Part 2 or a chance to redeem herself and show that public how incredible her live vocals can be.

I hope that she'll not perform tbh. She's not ready yet in my opinion. Another fiasco will be disastrous for her career (the Oscars are even bigger than SNL). I criticized her for her appearance at the Globes but I think that the reactions in the media were disproportionate, she is more beautiful than the majority on that carpet even with a sack on her. The conclusion: the american media is not ready to make her a true star and they will not forgive any mistake of hers (they are magnifying everything bad and trivializing everything good she does). Somewhat I don't want her to be even nominated after the Globes reaction. She needs to get more confident about herself and she has to work hard on her live performance (which I doubt she'll do) and then she'll be ready to shine (because she has the voice, the looks and the music to be one of the greatest stars ever).

I feel like her face looks extremely odd with those eyebrows. I think she looks better when her eyebrows are in a more "natural" form and less "arched" (just like she had them at cannes or the gq thing she attended). Never mind she looked extremely happy and i hope she's gonna attend the oscars and look even better.

i76mrxw.png 

I feel like her face looks extremely odd with those eyebrows. I think she looks better when her eyebrows are in a more "natural" form and less "arched" (just like she had them at cannes or the gq thing she attended). Never mind she looked extremely happy and i hope she's gonna attend the oscars and look even better.

I love that you mentioned the GQ Awards. She looked incredible there.

lana-del-rey-gq-men-of-the-year-awards-a

lana-del-rey-gq-men-of-the-year-awards-a

Before I dive into more "deeper" themes like Lana's music and poetry, I'll just add some suggestions on her look, although she already was exotic, tropical beauty in that lagoon dress. Maybe a little bit tacky, but she did it her way, as always, rebelliously and perkily. (And I'm delighted Lana and I are telepathicaly connected :flutter: , both photoshoping her dress in Marylin style, but I didn't know how to post picture here since now).

So, my classic-Hollywood-glamorous-lush-diva-style ideas:

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

(Black one is actually meh, she looks like a matron in it)

And, in praise of my nostalgia for ginger Lana, this is my Belle de Jour, or, Belle de la Nuit:

(Of course, that horrible metallic brown lipstick kills all sensuality and smothers pearliness of her skin, so I made those blossoms reddish and sexy).

full.jpg

tumblr_nbg6blFb0d1trud11o2_250.gif1e5408c919ff19d8ea5d8b3240bf67ed.jpggiphy.gif

So, I posted a few pages back about how Lana's dress was similar to a dress Marilyn Monroe wore created by the same designer..

but I also stumbled across this - maybe it wasn't only Marilyn she was channeling, as another one of her favourite people to channel also wore a similar dress - Priscilla Presely.

Or, perhaps, they're both just channeling Marilyn here, but either way, I found it interesting and thought I should drop it here.

priscilla-gold.jpg?w=490normal_Lana_Del_Rey_at_the_72nd_Annual_Gtitle289425192.png

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS