Jack

The Horror Movie Thread

You're right. I've watched the original & it was too overdramatic & campy - but that's probably cause it was made so long ago.

I've heard about this not being a remake and I like the idea. The idea of making the exact film ala Carrie/Psycho It's so stupid, I never understood why Studios think that is a good idea :toofunny:

8nl2OpX.png

I've heard about this not being a remake and I like the idea. The idea of making the exact film ala Carrie/Psycho It's so stupid.

I know right! Carrie remake was so bad compared to the masterpiece the original was. Never watched Psycho.

I never understood why Studios think that is a good idea :toofunny:

Easy $$$

I know right! Carrie remake was so bad compared to the masterpiece the original was. Never watched Psycho.

Easy $$$

Thank god the both flopped  :teehee:

8nl2OpX.png

I just finished watching Hereditary and well, holy fuck. It was amazing, A24 is really becoming my favorite distributor for horror movies. I swear if Toni Colette and Ari Aster don't get nominated on the next award season I will sue.

Also there's new trailer and clip for Suspiria, does anyone know if it's getting international distribution or it will be available for streaming on Amazon?

8nl2OpX.png

I just finished watching Hereditary and well, holy fuck. It was amazing, A24 is really becoming my favorite distributor for horror movies. I swear if Toni Colette and Ari Aster don't get nominated on the next award season I will sue.

Also there's new trailer and clip for Suspiria, does anyone know if it's getting international distribution or it will be available for streaming on Amazon?

Hereditary was okay,

Charlie's anaphylactic shock and decapitation was by far the most intense scene for me and the ending was kind of a "meh ok".

And lmaooo why didn't I just write my thoughts about Suspiria in this thread, well here's a copy paste from the random convo one.

The more I read about the new Suspiria the more interested I am. But the thing is, there's no way I can handle extreme body horror and gore - like jfc I don't have enough courage to watch Hostel and Saw movies (seen the first Saw though) and the Evil Dead remake. And apparently there's a scene "so intense it reportedly 'traumatized' those present", and judging by all the comments I've seen on Twitter about it, I'm actually worried how I can cope with it. Apparently a lot of people looked away but the sound effects of flesh tearing apart and bones breaking are top notch and they alone will haunt you. The film screened in Venice earlier today and as expected, some people walked out but they also had a medic standby at the door. Fuck me for always becoming interested in films like this. Looking forward to reviews.

I really hate these stories about people walking out and having medics stand by. Like, they said that about The Conjuring 2 and...no. It’s a movie and this isn’t 1965, people need to not be pussies, I’m sorry but it’s literally actors acting, make up and fake sounds. Chill out. Modern horror is totally shit regardless of the stupid marketing the films get. Hopefully susperia will be different as it’s paying homage to the original, who knows.

giphy.gif

I really hate these stories about people walking out and having medics stand by. Like, they said that about The Conjuring 2 and...no. It’s a movie and this isn’t 1965, people need to not be pussies, I’m sorry but it’s literally actors acting, make up and fake sounds. Chill out. Modern horror is totally shit regardless of the stupid marketing the films get. Hopefully susperia will be different as it’s pahing homage to the original, who knows.

thats hilarious

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Gonna watch Hereditary tomorrow night and I'm excited! For those who have seen it, how scary is it really? I have a pretty tolerance level with horror movies but like I don't want to be traumatized or having nightmares, lol.

On another note, I am excited for the new Halloween movie. So happy to see Jamie Lee Curtis to return!

Gonna watch Hereditary tomorrow night and I'm excited! For those who have seen it, how scary is it really? I have a pretty tolerance level with horror movies but like I don't want to be traumatized or having nightmares, lol.

On another note, I am excited for the new Halloween movie. So happy to see Jamie Lee Curtis to return!

I would recommend to keep your expectation low (Not because it's a bad movie, but I've heard of a lot of people being disappointed because of all the hype it got).

It's a slow burner as @@Hundred Dollar Bill said, I would call it creepy, I hope you enjoy it and like it as much as I did, It's an excellent movie imho.

PS: And I also can't wait for Halloween! I'm gonna be the first on line the 18th of October! (We had the release date on the 11th at first here in Chile, but they pushed it back :eartha2:)

8nl2OpX.png

Thank you for the responses!

The last horror movie I saw was The Conjuring 2. It was a good movie! I'm kind of excited to see The Nun because of the backstory behind Valak (the nun). I love watching horror movies with a group of people, it makes it so much more exciting.

I would recommend to keep your expectation low (Not because it's a bad movie, but I've heard of a lot of people being disappointed because of all the hype it got).

That was pretty much my problem with the film. The surreal moments were creepy but quite bland and the scene I previously described as the most intense for me basically had nothing to do with the occult stuff lurking around. When I saw it I had only seen the trailer like once and I hadn't even read anything except for the premise but it was so hyped. I went to see it with my bf and also my sister and her fiance, they watch a lot of horror and basically they just laughed in the end lol

As for Conjuring, they're some of the most boring movies I've ever seen and I couldn't care less for The Nun, especially because of Taissa Farmiga...

Guys so I have a MASSIVE shark phobia and also a thick contradiction spirit and a taste for danger and I was wondering if anyone had seen The Meg and what they thought of it so I can eventually pirate it  :smokes3: If the shark is blown up I'm not interested every shark movie does that. Also if there's no on screen death what's the point?

And on the subject - do any of yall have a favourite shark movie? I saw the Pirhana 3D scenes and it just wasn't the same I need me a shark.

It's weird because I've always hated horror with a burning passion but recently I'm finding a new deep interest in horror games and movies. It started watching speedruns of Resident Evil 7 and Outlast and reading the entire wikis of Silent Hill and The Cabin In The Woods... I'm realising I'm much stronger than I used to be because when the trailer for The Cabin and Pirhana got out I had nightmares for literal MONTHS. I still have nightmares from time to time but they usually end up with me being split in half and mauled by a megalodon

ZKcaooE.png

Guys so I have a MASSIVE shark phobia and also a thick contradiction spirit and a taste for danger and I was wondering if anyone had seen The Meg and what they thought of it so I can eventually pirate it :smokes3: If the shark is blown up I'm not interested every shark movie does that. Also if there's no on screen death what's the point?

And on the subject - do any of yall have a favourite shark movie? I saw the Pirhana 3D scenes and it just wasn't the same I need me a shark.

It's weird because I've always hated horror with a burning passion but recently I'm finding a new deep interest in horror games and movies. It started watching speedruns of Resident Evil 7 and Outlast and reading the entire wikis of Silent Hill and The Cabin In The Woods... I'm realising I'm much stronger than I used to be because when the trailer for The Cabin and Pirhana got out I had nightmares for literal MONTHS. I still have nightmares from time to time but they usually end up with me being split in half and mauled by a megalodon

Honestly there's like two good shark movies and haven't seen The Meg, it looks like a fun blockbuster but I'm broke so I won't spend my $ on it lol, I like Jaws and the last shark film I saw was The Shallows and it was surprisingly good! You should check that one, I also remember Bait 3D and it was cute, please don't watch Shark Night 3D, that's a piece of shit of the size of the Meg so you want to run from that one lol :toofunny:

PS: this is is soooo random but I've always wondered if she got inspiration on the Silent Hill theme for Queen Of The Gas Station, there's some parts that sound really similiar to me lol

(the beginning of SH with the last post chorus of QOTGS to be exact)

8nl2OpX.png

well i know that in turkey i'll be able to watch it cause i can see it on some cinemas schedules but for your country i don't know. maybe u can try to contact amazon or search for you country's distributor