Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

I want two things from LDR4

• Brass
  • Drums

(Hi, used to frequent this forum as dressedinblack but when i tried to sign in through twitter one day it wouldn't let me and still to this day it won't so i've lurked since 2015 on and off)

I would love for there to be a few radio-friendly songs, as long as the whole album isn't just trying to come off as mainstream pop. I wouldn't really consider HBTB to be radio-friendly because after all it is explicit, but it would just be cool to have at least one of her songs recognized by more than just her fans.

i'd love the album to sound like a mix of JFK and Jump - lyrical and sentimental, paying tribute to the figures she loves, but also adding a modern edge to it. 

i'm interested to see how heavy the beats are, too. remember when she described honeymoon as having "muddy trap" beats? honestly aside from hbtb and art deco i heard little to no trap influence... even hbtb's beat was too pop-ish to be called trap. but she listens to a lot of asap and rae sremmurd, so i'm sure beats are swimming around in her head a lot. i kinda hope we get some heavy ones this time around.

tumblr_lj6u4h4gsC1qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Someone sit her down and tell her to work with Mark Ronson for 2019/2020. He seems like such a great guy and think he could create magic with Lana. Doesn't seem like the type to break someone down to build them up again in studio 

Someone sit her down and tell her to work with Mark Ronson for 2019/2020. He seems like such a great guy and think he could create magic with Lana. Doesn't seem like the type to break someone down to build them up again in studio (Lana's words about Dan).

Isn't this about the guru who led the underground sect she was in?  :toofunny:

The word that always pops into my head when I think of what I'd like from future LDR music is 'muscular'. Like, a little more backbone, a bit more assertive, possibly even angry, sarcastic or ironic. Or even just more playful and wry? I adore all of her albums and unreleased, but we all know she can be a bit more sassy and confrontational when she chooses to be. Following HM with a harder-hitting sound would be such a good move IMO, and give her more material for festivals (at the very least).

I dunno, she should do what she damn well pleases but a boy can dream... 

I would love for there to be a few radio-friendly songs, as long as the whole album isn't just trying to come off as mainstream pop. I wouldn't really consider HBTB to be radio-friendly because after all it is explicit, but it would just be cool to have at least one of her songs recognized by more than just her fans.

I'm not sure what you mean by HBTB being explicit when 95% of songs on the radio have sexual innuendos (even when it bleeps out bad words) current example: Side to Side by Ariana. HBTB is a Kidz Bops song compared to what plays on urban radio as well

i think the thing that kept HBTB from becoming a mainstream track is her monotonous melody. her voice sounds too dull and bored in the chorus

Someone said about a more radio friendly album/single since apparently this new video is amazing and possibly high budget.

That statement does make sense as I'm guessing the label would be funding the video and probably would only give a high budget to something they see being successful so yeah maybe radio friendly Lana is coming

Tbh I could see this too... there is absolutely no way her label would pay for such a supposedly high budget video with amazing visuals if the song itself wasn't radio-friendly. I mean, the song "Hello" by Adele is an example of a song that has similar organic, non-electronic sounding instruments to what Eclipse described from the songs and also did extremely well in the charts and got played on the radio all the time, so I think it's definitely possible for Lana to write a radio friendly song with guitars, drums and I'm assuming other "neutral" sounding instruments. I doubt it will be a full-on pop song, obviously, but it could still do well. This is the first time since BTD that her label seem to have confidence in her again.

Someone sit her down and tell her to work with Mark Ronson for 2019/2020. He seems like such a great guy and think he could create magic with Lana. Doesn't seem like the type to break someone down to build them up again in studio (Lana's words about Dan).

:wat: solve et coagula?

4BZPaCg.jpg

How do we know or think the video is high budget? I need to know this before I can let my (nonexistent) wig fly off my head into the depths of outer space soley based on this

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

gvDUBjJ.jpg

can't believe ldr5 finally leaked hunties! the album art is IMMACULATE :cumming:

Paul from editing called and your getting a hat on that lie

I will not Jodie Foster this kind of behavior  giphy.gif roivaheb fo dnik siht retsoF eidoJ ton lliw I