Carmen

Twitter Updates

More replies - 

44139949171_cb7f441ea2_o.png44140070861_6f3e2c22e2_b.jpg

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

i hate 2018 where artists cant even do concerts in peace without politics being involved, that’s so boring and sad, that’s why i will always agree with what a great poet, called allie x, once said “we think that politics it’s such a waste of time”.

and i hate woke twitter stans even more.

i don't really agree with all the points she's made, but I do respect that she's at least engaging in the discussion and presenting her point of view and explanation for why she's playing there, as opposed to doing what a lot of other artists do and just phoning in some faux apology written by a publicist.  

Sad news :(

Lana is going on an unfollowing spree. She's unfollowing fans who are voicing their disagreement about the whole Israel situation. This includes many of my friends. This is very sad to see. I can't even find the words to talk about this, I'm just so stunned! 

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

She’s starting to unfollow people on the twittersphere

i dont blame her, they're fucking annoying

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

It's like people didn't learn from the Lorde backlash. Just don't schedule a show there for the time-being. 

I understand her good intentions, but it's so much more complex than this. The government uses these platforms/venues to perpetuate propaganda, but I also empathize with those who say that the fans should be able to enjoy this despite the system they live within. Again, could have been avoided.

i do have my issues with the israeli government and their methods and i am highly questionable about their current leadership but the propaganda point is so stupid like eeh ur literally talking about human rights violations and then ur gonna switch to israel apparently using concerts as propaganda when i've never seen or hear much about gaga's, rihanna's, sia's or britney's shows in israel, except for that one time they had to reschedule ellections bc of the traffic.

i76mrxw.png 

It's like people didn't learn from the Lorde backlash. Just don't schedule a show there for the time-being. 

I understand her good intentions, but it's so much more complex than this. The government uses these platforms/venues to perpetuate propaganda, but I also empathize with those who say that the fans should be able to enjoy this despite the system they live within. Again, could have been avoided.

why tho? the governments are corrupt everywhere, donald trump has brought back concentration camps yet nobody is telling her she can't perform in the usa... i just think its unfair that fans should suffer because of their governments bad choices. it doesn't need to be this serious, people nowadays are just mentally draining and seem to be over sensitive to every little thing

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Sad news :(

Lana is going on an unfollowing spree. She's unfollowing fans who are voicing their disagreement about the whole Israel situation. This includes many of my friends. This is very sad to see. I can't even find the words to talk about this, I'm just so stunned! 

it's petty on her behalf and she should be above that, glad she finally went offline, tonight's been a mess.

i76mrxw.png 

What happened with Lorde?

she went there on her tour, some people tweeted her she was like "i have made up my mind about whether it's right or not", people continued spamming her, some palestinians got involved, lorde said she spoke to a lot of people or smth and then she cancelled, now she's a saint to twitter.

but lana won't speak to a lot of people because her team is probably tone deaf and idk about chuck and the others, maybe they’re too old and out of touch w/ twitter

i76mrxw.png 

What do these twitter stans want from Lana, it's like they want her to be a political martyr. Her political opinions are the epitome of liberal white feminism. 

For me (political) discussions on Twitter (or any other social media platform) are pretty much useless anyway. You can't win because the dumbest people with the loudest voices who have nothing else to do than argueing and fighting will always drag everyone down with them. And they will always find other people cheering them on for them being a pain in the ass... So it's just a waste of time.

it's petty on her behalf and she should be above that but it's also petty to retweet stuff like "Just say you don’t think Palestinians are humans and go" (and this is a quote from a tweet) knowing she can see ur tweets, like who does that.

don't know about all of the people she's unfollowed though, glad she finally went offline, tonight's been a mess.

Petty? Did you just call Lana petty for unfollowing? Absolutely she is going to unfollow people she doesn't like?? like hello??? Good for her she did that and I hope she unfollows a lot more people that keep being annoying little twats and not respectful to her. They think that they could trash lana and keep annoying her eventho Lana has been 10050505050% clear of her intentions/views on that matter and there wouldn't be consequences for their annoying behavior? Lana is not going to kiss anyones ass and definitely not going to keep around anyone thats trashing her. It's really that simple and people will deal!

:woot: giphy.gif :woot: