Sign in to follow this  
Subversive

Lana filming something on February 23

I can see the picture of Satan on the back of Lana's friends jacket and also the witches broom. With all of this and the whole 'witch conspiracy' , I really hope we see less of the idolisation of Satanism from Lana/Her team. I love her to bits but do not agree with this one bit

do any of you think Lana cares about if you 'agree' with her lifestyle? How condescending

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

do any of you think Lana cares about if you 'agree' with her lifestyle? How condescending

Yeah, I mean, sometimes ppl don't really care if they're pleasing you or not, they're just being themselves. If you don't like, it's your problem  

I'd like to think she cares what her fans think, yeah

Well I hope she doesn't give a fuck because what we think doesn't really matter in the end. If she's into this, who cares, she makes amazing music and that's really the only thing we even need to worry about

I'm honestly really tired of the people who are freaking out about her tweet. I'm here for the music and Lana as a person is just a plus. And if she's a witch, cool. If not, cool.

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

people need to educate themselves on what "satanism" actually is. it has nothing to do with worshipping satan. (also, p.s., satan isn't real.)

i don't think lana is even a satanist, though. i think she's deeply fascinated by the esoteric and mysticism and the so-called "dark" side of life. 

let me be who i'm meant to be

There's a lot of talk about Satanism right now.

I've read the Satanic bible a hundred times over. Satanists CAN worship Satan - it's called SATANism for a reason. However, like all religions, there are different levels of commitment one can have to the religion. Some people choose to incorporate some Satanic beliefs into their lives, others go all the way (like becoming a member of the Church of Satan - yes, this really exists).

Satanism can actually be very reasonable in terms of living without many constrictions (unlike the bible) and most followers are very kind and respectful to each other. It's a free religion and although I don't identify as a Satanist, I can agree with a lot of the things Satanists believe. But of course you get the very bad things like sacrificing Rams, babies and/or virgins (this DOES happen, there have been many reported cases of it) but overall I don't think it's all too common. But c'mon, I don't think Lana would ever sacrifice animals or a human, let's be fuckking real.

I understand why some of you are put off by Satanism, it can be a bad religion at times, just like any other religion. It has it's good and bad beliefs and good and bad followers.

---

Now, on to Lana and Satanism:

To be brutally honest, I think Lana is just going for the aesthetic for the upcoming album/music video. Although I don't doubt she may have an interest in occultism, but that's perfectly fine in my opinion.

For those who don't know, Lana identifies as a CATHOLIC. NOT Pagan, NOT Satanist, NOT Buddhism etc. So please take that into account. Although I suppose people can change but we don't personally know Lana, so we can't really say.

Overall, please stop overreacting. Please stop being so butt hurt. Some people are into different things and that's okay, we can't all be the same. If Lana is a Satanist, personally I'd be okay with it as long as she doesn't go to the extreme lengths of the religion like sacrificing babies and animals.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

i dont care if lana is just doing a loose ~dark witchy gal~ theme for her album or shes actually a devout paganist or satanist, why would that mean you couldnt enjoy her music?

pNjWdpc.png

There's a lot of talk about Satanism right now.

I've read the Satanic bible a hundred times over. Satanists CAN worship Satan - it's called SATANism for a reason. 

great post, but according to the Church of Satan's fundamental beliefs they don't worship Satan, nor do they make animal sacrifices. though people do whatever in the name of religion so who knows.

WHY DO SATANISTS WORSHIP THE DEVIL?

We don’t. Satanists are atheists. We see the universe as being indifferent to us, and so all morals and values are subjective human constructions.

Our position is to be self-centered, with ourselves being the most important person (the “God”) of our subjective universe, so we are sometimes said to worship ourselves. Our current High Priest Gilmore calls this the step moving from being an atheist to being an “I-Theist.”

Satan to us is a symbol of pride, liberty and individualism, and it serves as an external metaphorical projection of our highest personal potential. We do not believe in Satan as a being or person.

DO SATANISTS PERFORM SACRIFICES?

No. We are atheists. The only people who perform sacrifices are those who believe in supernatural beings who would consider a sacrifice to be some form of payment for a request or form of worship. Since we do not believe in supernatural beings there is no reason for a Satanist to make a sacrifice of any sort.

either way, i don't get the big deal. lana didn't announce that she is now the devil's mistress and her music is dedicated to evil. 

i'm so curious to know what this is for. what if it's not for the album at all but a project that chuck is working on?

let me be who i'm meant to be

This is very interesting but y'all do the most... Lana is obviously not a Satanist. She has said a number of times she identifies as Catholic, and as the user above posted, Satanists are actually atheists and do not believe in a god/gods or a devil, which is inconsistent with Lana's belief in God. Lana has plenty of songs linked to her belief in God, for example "God Knows I Tried" which is very much a plea to God to help her through the struggles of fame, and so on. And don't forget her lovely tweet: "When I stand before God at the end of my life, I hope that I don't have a single bit of talent left, and say, I used everything you gave me." Obviously she is not a strict Catholic in the sense that she has mentioned not going to church every week and she is very supportive of LGBTQIA+ rights and a lot of her songs would be considered sacrilegious, for example Gods and Monsters and even the Tropico video which subverts a lot of Christian iconography. 

I think she certainly has an interest in the occult and in paganism. I mean, y'all seem to forget that she studied metaphysics at university, for goodness' sake! But just because she uses a particular religion or pagan idea for a music video and a quick post on Twitter, doesn't mean she is actively practising anything. Besides, you can be a Christian witch, as the rituals and spells that are performed are generally to bring positive energies and forces into our lives, which doesn't really go against Christianity at all. (Yes, some could argue that Christians are against the idea of witchcraft and magic, claiming it is the work of the devil, but if they truly understood the purpose of these rituals they would see that they are really just personal expressions of an individual's inner needs and wants, and tend to be positive in nature).

Anyway, I think she is a casual Catholic but also dabbles in other belief systems and practices such as astrology, witchery and paganism. Personally, I don't think there is anything wrong with this. Even if she is a Satanist, that is her decision. So long as she doesn't go around killing people, praising the devil and sacrificing animals, I don't see why anyone should have a problem with whatever she believes in. It's her choice and it is not our place to judge her beliefs.

Actually i've read somewhere that Satanists believe in Satan as a force of nature, not some type of God.

And tbh, satanism is better than every religion i've seen so far, except MAYBE buddhism.

That being said, lets just forget about this satanic/religious thing and enjoy the new album thats coming out in a few months!!! 

giphy.gif

Satanism at its core acknowledges the existences of the christian god and satan, Paganism, being totally independent of monotheistic and judeo christian lore does not take those things into account. Whether more traditional practices, or wicca or whatever, paganism is not satanism. It is older, more robust, and most often the beliefs of our ancestors. Stop clutching all of your :) pearls over things you didn't even look up in the dictionary  :crossed:

Anyway, the shoot looks fun. I like that everything, despite the instavintage filtering, looks like it's of this era. The clothes, the messaging, etc. It's modern, because we live in a time where we don't have the luxury of fantasizing about the past, and honestly, it feels a little bit distasteful right now. 

tZ7WN4B.gif

Overall, please stop overreacting. Please stop being so butt hurt. Some people are into different things and that's okay, we can't all be the same. If Lana is a Satanist, personally I'd be okay with it as long as she doesn't go to the extreme lengths of the religion like sacrificing babies and animals.

Finally someone with common sense who acknowledges it isn't that big of a deal but can be as harmful as any religion/belief system. Although your entire post was on point, that's the most important part in my eyes.

Okay get on topic, its honestly not productive to react to someone with only three posts in a thread that's supposed to be about these on-set pictures. It's been discussed.