#16882 OFFLINE   LanaFlowers

LanaFlowers

Your Brighton Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,155 posts
  • Fan Since:2012

Posted 19 May 2019 - 01:54 PM

i think it's just because there's too many mediocre songs: white mustang, in my feelings

tenor.gif

• Electric Body, BreadKing, 13beachess and 2 others like this

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

#16883 OFFLINE   fluxodite

fluxodite

˚✧₊⁎ i’m fire again ⁎⁺˳✧༚

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Fan Since:2011

Posted 19 May 2019 - 01:58 PM

i think it's just because there's too many mediocre songs: white mustang, in my feelings, coachella etc.
but imo the album is pretty from god bless america down

the no taste jumped out :awkney:
  • BreadKing likes this

#16884 OFFLINE   BreadKing

BreadKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Fan Since:2013

Posted 19 May 2019 - 02:23 PM

i need to stop talking about lust for life ahahaha

but for the sake of 'discussion'...

what i was trying to say is that to me the first half of the album feels very messy, and imo from gba down it feels the most coherent (and i also just adore folk lana)

i know y'all dont like god bless america.. but the bridge and the way it blends into the chorus is heavenly

bpbp, tnc, and change are all beautiful

and then you've got heroin and get free, those don't need any explanation

i do want to apologise for what i said about in my feelings though, i'm sorry about that

• GeminiLanaFan, late bloomer, ArtDecoDelRey and 1 other like this

blue eyes, and jazz, and attitude

#16885 OFFLINE   fluxodite

fluxodite

˚✧₊⁎ i’m fire again ⁎⁺˳✧༚

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 03:38 PM

i need to stop talking about lust for life ahahaha

but for the sake of 'discussion'...
what i was trying to say is that to me the first half of the album feels very messy, and imo from gba down it feels the most coherent (and i also just adore folk lana)
i know y'all dont like god bless america.. but the bridge and the way it blends into the chorus is heavenly
bpbp, tnc, and change are all beautiful
and then you've got heroin and get free, those don't need any explanation

i do want to apologise for what i said about in my feelings though, i'm sorry about that

ok i can agree with that. the first of the album feels like it doesn’t even belong with the second half.
i wasn’t trying to attack you i was just being shady :kiss: luv a fellow zelda fan
  • BreadKing and LanaFlowers like this

#16886 OFFLINE   RormanNockwell

RormanNockwell

Bartender Appreciation Society Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,132 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 05:41 AM

1ik788.png

• Slumdog, GeminiLanaFan, 13beachess and 1 other like this

#16887 OFFLINE   takeitdoen

takeitdoen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 20 May 2019 - 02:00 PM

Hello everyone, this might be a really obvious answer but can anyone direct me to the video of this alternative Lust for Life video clip?

https://www.youtube....h?v=8teEYXT9D2g

I can't see it on Lana's channel on YouTube and it's not showing up in searches . . ? There's no mention of it on the trusty Lana wiki page either.

fame fame fame fame fame  Rick Knowles produced this signature and that's why there are stupid 'fame' echoes, just like on the The Next Best American Record

#16888 OFFLINE   GeminiLanaFan

GeminiLanaFan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,006 posts
  • Fan Since:2012

Posted 20 May 2019 - 02:18 PM

Hello everyone, this might be a really obvious answer but can anyone direct me to the video of this alternative Lust for Life video clip?

I can't see it on Lana's channel on YouTube and it's not showing up in searches . . ? There's no mention of it on the trusty Lana wiki page either.

That was the "official audio" video that was out when the song came out. It probably got deleted when the official video came out.
it was cute, but was super slow (it was him and her looking at each other in slow-motion). 

• late bloomer likes this

#16889 OFFLINE   triangles19

triangles19

Agoraphobic Alligator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 860 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Fan Since:Off The Races surfaced

Posted 21 May 2019 - 08:07 PM

so... you... skip... 13 Beaches????  :sideeye:

excuse me???

yes :hoe: this song is too dramatic for me, it sounds like it's written by tati

8mm-illusions.tumblr.com  lana-nfr.jpg  8mm-illusions.tumblr.com

#16890 ONLINE   ArtDecoDelRey

ArtDecoDelRey

Bartender Stan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA
  • Fan Since:2014

Posted 21 May 2019 - 08:09 PM

That was the "official audio" video that was out when the song came out. It probably got deleted when the official video came out.
it was cute, but was super slow (it was him and her looking at each other in slow-motion). 

its actually still on her channel, its just unlisted. Go to playlists, and its under "Lust For Life" or something like that

• GeminiLanaFan likes this

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611569840669604fd1031

#16891 OFFLINE   RormanNockwell

RormanNockwell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,132 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 05:13 AM

I've been on these cold meds and they're making me have these crazy dreams, but um ... is there such a thing as a studio recorded, acoustic version of Cherry? Or even a high quality live acoustic version of Cherry?

It was in my dream and it was actually fucking brilliant and folksy and amazing. It was like if Cherry was a Jewel song, but with Lana's vocals. I've had it in my head all day, and then I went and listened to the LFL version and wanted to neck myself because my dream version was so much better.

So just in case it actually exists and I just can't find it/forgot about it, I thought I'd ask. Does it exist or nah?

• LanaFlowers likes this

#16892 OFFLINE   ivy

ivy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 372 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Fan Since:2013

Posted 22 May 2019 - 05:24 AM

I've been on these cold meds and they're making me have these crazy dreams, but um ... is there such a thing as a studio recorded, acoustic version of Cherry? Or even a high quality live acoustic version of Cherry?

It was in my dream and it was actually fucking brilliant and folksy and amazing. It was like if Cherry was a Jewel song, but with Lana's vocals. I've had it in my head all day, and then I went and listened to the LFL version and wanted to neck myself because my dream version was so much better.

So just in case it actually exists and I just can't find it/forgot about it, I thought I'd ask. Does it exist or nah?

Oh Jewel! I remember her  :flutter:. 12 year old gay me would be bopping to her songs  :dance:  :grinds: . Didn't she also collaborate with Rick Nowels on many of her songs? 

OT: I don't think it exists, but if you ask @butterflies nicely, maybe he could make an awesome folksy remix?  :brows:

• LanaFlowers and RormanNockwell like this

#16893 OFFLINE   Shellfish beach

Shellfish beach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Locationblack hole

Posted 30 May 2019 - 12:43 AM

Cannot stand the collabs on this album. All of them sound extremely awkward, mismatched, and jarring.

• Elsemarie159, mergirl, LanaFlowers and 2 others like this

#16894 OFFLINE   Summertime Madness

Summertime Madness

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 May 2019 - 01:04 AM

Here you go  ;)  https://www.youtube....h?v=35cTIXoBnuw

giphy.gif

#16895 OFFLINE   divebarsinger

divebarsinger

throw me around like a hot potato

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 546 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 May 2019 - 01:23 AM

Cannot stand the collabs on this album. All of them sound extremely awkward, mismatched, and jarring.

yup. i adore stevie nicks in particular but beautiful people was such a useless song jesus christ. absolute waste

• 13bitches, movebaby and RormanNockwell like this

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

#16896 OFFLINE   13bitches

13bitches

The Greatest Muscle Beach Baby

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Fan Since:2016

Posted 30 May 2019 - 01:51 AM

TNC (with the original bridge) and Groupie Love sound good to me. Summer Bummer’s features add nothing of substance to the song imo; Carti’s adlibs are annoying background noise and A$AP’s part is nothing that you can’t hear in just about any other rap feature by anybody. It would’ve been better off had she added the higher background vocals and better production to the So Good demo. The verses on BPBP are good to great but the chorus falls extremely flat imo. I can appreciate that she took such a sad, lonely song and turned it into something more positive but something about “we gotta try every day and night” just sounds lazy tbh.
  • late bloomer, movebaby and RormanNockwell like this

Posted Image

#16897 OFFLINE   RormanNockwell

RormanNockwell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,132 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 02:36 AM

TNC (with the original bridge) and Groupie Love sound good to me. Summer Bummer’s features add nothing of substance to the song imo; Carti’s adlibs are annoying background noise and A$AP’s part is nothing that you can’t hear in just about any other rap feature by anybody. It would’ve been better off had she added the higher background vocals and better production to the So Good demo. The verses on BPBP are good to great but the chorus falls extremely flat imo. I can appreciate that she took such a sad, lonely song and turned it into something more positive but something about “we gotta try every day and night” just sounds lazy tbh.

I'd listen to Stevie sing a McDonald's menu, but I agree. That song is really a microcosm of the entire album ... just messy, and could've been so much better with some small tweaks.

I love how we all revert to bitching about LFL when we can't think of anything else to say on the NFR thread. :smile3: 

• LanaFlowers, 13bitches and movebaby like this

#16898 OFFLINE   Urbanney

Urbanney

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 02:50 AM

You know, this album was my shit for the couple months after it came out and now I never listen to it. Pretty much the only songs I ever listen to are White Mustang and Cherry. This has to be my least favorite album she’s released except maybe Paradise which I also never listen to anymore. They’re probably tied for me in last place. 

mYJNzQ5.gif mpcKR46.gif sjWYxwQ.gif

#16899 OFFLINE   13bitches

13bitches

The Greatest Muscle Beach Baby

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Fan Since:2016

Posted 30 May 2019 - 04:18 AM

I love how we all revert to bitching about LFL when we can't think of anything else to say on the NFR thread. :smile3:

Same lmao. All this being said, the last four songs on the album and maybe 13 Beaches I still consider to be highlights of Lana’s released discography (@ everybody I stan TNC fight me). With some tweaking and trimming of the track list it really could’ve stood up with/to BTD tbh. I love LFL but I’d only rank it above Paradise

Spoiler

• movebaby and RormanNockwell like this

Posted Image

#16900 OFFLINE   RormanNockwell

RormanNockwell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,132 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 05:32 AM

Same lmao. All this being said, the last four songs on the album and maybe 13 Beaches I still consider to be highlights of Lana’s released discography (@ everybody I stan TNC fight me). With some tweaking and trimming of the track list it really could’ve stood up with/to BTD tbh. I love LFL but I’d only rank it above Paradise

Spoiler

Also, Get Free would be an original song rather than a Radiohead cover. :oic2:

ETA:

Agree wholeheartedly about Cherry. My dream version of Cherry is very folksy, almost a Fleet Foxes type of sound, with much more guitar.

• 13bitches likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users