Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

257 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

gdi lmao.

And I agree with Ultra violet, she's got such an obsession w hollywood and recent american history there's no way she wouldn't know. Especially with the 'shut up's and 'do it's mentioned in the link- I didn't catch them when I listened. Dark.

i always heard the 'shut up' but i thought she was saying 'doo-wop' and yeah there's no way she doesn't know about it

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

MiserablePointedBlackbuck-size_restricte

The Lust for Life video is underrated and my also my favorite music video from that era. Yes, Love is more visually appealing perhaps a better song, but there's something really cute about Lana just hanging out with her fictional boyfriend on the Hollywood sign in the middle of the night. Even just the shot of The Weeknd holding his hand out to Lana is adorable (and I'm not even a fan of him). I also liked the VHS effect and the cinematography of the sign in general. There's something surreal about the way it looks.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

To be honest, Lust For Life is a good album. A VERY good album, but we’re so spoiled by someone who can create and successfully execute lush concepts and aesthetics and cohesive albums that we were all very disappointed that that wasn’t what LFL turned out to be. It’s not a bad album (and imo if it had been released by a more mainstream pop artist it would probably be considered the best in their discography) it’s just that we know Lana can do better.

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

I just wanna say that I'll probably never get tired of this alboom. Was listening to In My Feelings in the shower today and the bridge still makes me go batshit crazy. IMPECABLE album!

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

i started a little video for cherry when i was starving for the music video 2 years ago and i just found it again. rest in peace chuck's cherry mv

Love it! I always longed for a burning desire-esque red stage for Cherry

It would have been so easy to do a homemade video for that! Just put up a red curtain and look pretty in front of it. Ugh, why did they miss the chance. Again, it would have gotten her many more fans. 

Love it! I always longed for a burning desire-esque red stage for CherryIt would have been so easy to do a homemade video for that! Just put up a red curtain and look pretty in front of it. Ugh, why did they miss the chance. Again, it would have gotten her many more fans.

thanks babe! and fr, cherry isnt my fave but if she wouldve promoted it more i think it had potential to do pretty well commercially

I think that the thing that ruined in some way LFL was the production it got. Apart from some songs that didn't fit in the album -from my perspective- , i think that it collected some her most beautiful songs to date, also. It could have been an incredibly beautiful and dreamy album if they didn't give that horrible trap treatment. 

I think that the thing that ruined in some way LFL was the production it got. Apart from some songs that didn't fit in the album -from my perspective- , i think that it collected some her most beautiful songs to date, also. It could have been an incredibly beautiful and dreamy album if they didn't give that horrible trap treatment. 

Absolutely. But on the other hand it put her back in public spotlight with Love and the feature tracks. I think its very unfairly looked at by the lana fanbase. The second half of the album is so beautiful.