Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

257 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

I remember when it was released, I felt sort of let down. It didn't seem like Lana to me, and it left me feeling sort of worried about the album. (Then when LFL-song was released, I was convinced I was going to hate the album... thank god the album ended up being filled with so many gems I love and is overall one of my favourites and the first two singles just ended up being my bottom two)

I don't know, the song never connected with me. To me, it just wasn't special enough - it seemed like one of those generic pop songs that any artist could have sung. It just didn't say "Lana" to me, and that's what I love most about Lana - she's so unique and different from other artists out there. 

I also think I have a bad memory tied to it (and as I said, this album is full of happy memories, so this one sticks out)

I remember going out shopping at the mall, going to the Cheesecake Factory, finally arriving home, and the very second I walk through the door... I see a call from Ed Millett, Lana's manager. (He had emailed me asking for my number a little after I became LB's new owner to have it just in case.) I was pretty terrified and had also just arrived home, so I let it go to voicemail. I quickly ran to my computer to check LanaBoards, and discovered Love leaked. I listened to Ed's voicemail, and he pretty much just told me to call him, so I did... that was one of the most terrifying conversations I have ever had in my whole life! At first, he was very angry, sort of accusing me about not caring about Lana's art and supporting the leak and all, but I was able to assure him that was not the case at all and that I've never supported albums/songs intended for release leaking. I told him I wasn't even aware of the leak until he called me since I had been out all day. I was able to explain that that's not what LanaBoards is all about and that it's a place for fans to discuss their love for Lana - not to leak material set for release! Anyway, we had a very long conversation about how to do damage control on both of our ends, but yeah, it was pretty intense talking to Lana's manager. That's also why I crack down super hard on you guys for requesting/sharing leaks of content set for release. Scared me straight into ultra-principal mode lol x

You should have never given him your phone number. If he has anything to say, let him come here and ask you. Never give your number out like that even though you did nothing wrong. I hope you changed your phone number. 

Ed is an asshole to everyone. People on Instagram were complaining about Lana doing the same boring set list and he called them trolls. A few days ago people were asking him why Lana cancelled the shows and why she hasn't said a statement about the cancellations - he called them trolls too. To him, everyone is a troll. No class or chill. One of the worst managers towards fans out there. 

Seriously girl, change your number. 

Never give a cop your phone number.

Christ, her managers have always been such assholes to fan sites.

Horrible. Absolutely awful. I have never seen that with managers of other artists. 

lust for life is probably my least favorite album of hers, but that doesn't mean i hate it or dislike it. i love all of the songs on lfl, but i just don't play it as much as i do her other records. i definitely need to appreciate and listen to it more. in my feelings deserves more love cuz she's a bop.  :worship:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

Conceptually this is one of my fave Lana records... I'm sad its one of her weaker albums

I still love it, because it always puts me in a better mood, makes me feel understood, feel optimistic about life, and enjoy the present moment; BTD and LFL are sister albums for me in that way & my faves to get high to

:smile3:

I know it's probably her worst, but something about it makes it my favourite lana's record, moreover all the leaks and concepts that keep surfacing make it more and more fascinating for me. Furthermore, this album was one of the factors that lowkey pushed me in finally addressing depression and getting therapy. I don't mean to sound corny or basic, but music can help you sometimes and this record did. I just wish the bad songs were left out, and Yosemite was in it, but I mean, you get what Lana wants.

Ah and I wish Beautiful people (demo) was the One on the record, but I get that It did not resonate with the mood of the album.

07772f16031f371bb19c2650cab67790a3966c6d

gonna do a ranking that no one asked for!

1. 13 Beaches

2. Heroin

3. Get Free

4. Cherry

5. Love

6. Summer Bummer

7. Change

8. Tomorrow Never Came

9. Groupie Love

10. When The World Was At War We Kept Dancing

11. God Bless America - And All The Beautiful Women In It

12. In My Feelings

13. Beautiful People Beautiful Problems

14. Lust For Life

15. White Mustang

16. Coachella - Woodstock In My Mind

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

13 Beaches hits so hard sometimes :(

"It hurts to love you but I still love you..."  I listened to this song in Summer 2018 a lot..a few months after my brother passed away. This was a time where the song really hits hard....because this line described exactly what I was feeling (and still feel).  One of the best songs on LFL if not the best song ...

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

"It hurts to love you but I still love you..." I listened to this song in Summer 2018 a lot..a few months after my brother passed away. This was a time where the song really hits hard....because this line described exactly what I was feeling (and still feel). One of the best songs on LFL if not the best song ...

I’m sorry to hear.

It is, indeed! But the album is perfect in general

I’m sorry to hear.

It is, indeed! But the album is perfect in general

I was at a point where I couldn't listen to many songs of LFL anymore then I took a break from it and I can really enjoy the album again. Not her best album but it is still pretty good

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Guess it's one of those days where I feel so bored that I listen to this whole album without skips.

It's sort of funny listening to it during this pandemic, like I feel like I'm really TRYING to be fake-woke  :flop: buuut it is cute 

7IHOp13.png

I changed the album cover to this one and I love it. Idk who made it but it’s great

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Serene Queen has a slight eerie-ness to it which may help us get a clearer sense of what the original direction of  Lust for Life was.

Based on what 13 Beaches is now/what Something Real was, as well as the horror-sounding strings present in the Love demo that leaked recently,

I think the original album meshed three sounds: vintage horror movie soundtrack strings/soundscape under heavy beats, ambient "spacey" music, and acoustic songs.

^ The presumed original title track, The Next Best American Record, seems to contain all three of those elements, further implying that it was the original namesake of LFL.

I believe a tracklist at one point - likely 2016 - maybe looked like this (based on the timeline of LFL songs)

1. Young and in Love (Love Demo)

2. The Next Best American Record - Demo from 2016

3. Something Real (13 Beaches Demo)

4. Hail Mary (if that song is legit, if not then discard this)

5. Serene Queen

6. Groupie Love feat. A$AP Rocky (as this song was done with Rocky in 2016, it is part of the "original LFL")

7. Lust for Life - Demo

8. Beautiful People (potentially the way we hear it now on LFL, just without Stevie Nicks)

9. Tomorrow Never Came (solo acoustic demo)

10. Yosemite

11. Heroin

12. Get Free (maybe "Malibu" if it wasn't deleted at this point)

Serene Queen has a slight eerie-ness to it which may help us get a clearer sense of what the original direction of  Lust for Life was.

Based on what 13 Beaches is now/what Something Real was, as well as the horror-sounding strings present in the Love demo that leaked recently,

I think the original album meshed three sounds: vintage horror movie soundtrack strings/soundscape under heavy beats, ambient "spacey" music, and acoustic songs.

^ The presumed original title track, The Next Best American Record, seems to contain all three of those elements, further implying that it was the original namesake of LFL.

I believe a tracklist at one point - likely 2016 - maybe looked like this (based on the timeline of LFL songs)

1. Young and in Love (Love Demo)

2. The Next Best American Record - Demo from 2016

3. Something Real (13 Beaches Demo)

4. Hail Mary (if that song is legit, if not then discard this)

5. Serene Queen

6. Groupie Love feat. A$AP Rocky (as this song was done with Rocky in 2016, it is part of the "original LFL")

7. Lust for Life - Demo

8. Beautiful People (potentially the way we hear it now on LFL, just without Stevie Nicks)

9. Tomorrow Never Came (solo acoustic demo)

10. Yosemite

11. Heroin

12. Get Free (maybe "Malibu" if it wasn't deleted at this point)

Wow this is a CONCEPT. Serene Queen into Groupie Love, your MIND

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce: