#13601 OFFLINE   Coney Island King

Coney Island King

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,070 posts
  • Time Online: 60d 3h 30m 51s

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:53 PM

I’ve never seen OTTR live so im happy to hear it when shes back in Aus.
  • SouthInGuy, Cult Leader and Clampigirl like this

#13602 OFFLINE   graham4anything

graham4anything

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts
  • Fan Since:2005
  • Time Online: 16d 20h 43m 45s

Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:02 AM

@Amadeus   

I think you are misunderstanding what I mean by lazy. I don't mean she is lazy, I mean it sort of as resigned and leading to her more often putting that microphone out to the audience to take it 

I think what is really happening it is the fans who don't have confidence and are attempting to cover up something that don't need to be covered up.(as if it is they who think she can't sing live, when in fact the opposite is true.

I have been to 20 plus shows live, including the two in NYC in November, and made the long trip to see one song in Montreal at the Cohen tribute...I am mostly in the stage area/pit 

and the noise level is different in each place. (The indoor CT show a few years ago was the loudest audience)

Lana has a unique voice, much like Roy Orbison, and not once in all the times I saw Roy, would anyone dare attempt to sing over him or with him. People hanged on every note that came out of his mouth, and on "THOSE" notes (you know which ones)

he outdid himself each time (so much so that after he ovations so loud that he reprised the songs (Crying, Running Scared, etc.) and then outtopped himself again. But the people got to hear it.

to the other extent, Dylan challenges his audiences each night, singing his songs different each night, mixing it up

because he can't stand to sing the same thing note for note as if he were at a production of Abba  Mama Mia or one of

the sound-alikes (and yes some days some people in the audience question as to what songs he sang that night

yet they come back again and again)

And I  intend to go to ten to a dozen more shows this tour, including Chicago, but weather was not permitting that.

(Sure hope it is only light snow for Boston and NJ next week and Philly and the later shows (including Nashville), but I will be sitting for those shows, and plan on arriving late for each of the shows (shortly before she goes on). 

but the point I was making is that some want a note for note recreation of the album, and they are singing that version outloud while Lana is attempting to sing that days version of the song which is not a note for note recreation

and by the way, I don't want backup singers to be singing, it just takes away from her singing (and again, the back up singers

would be singing the song as rehearsed, where she is singing it her way that day which tomorrow would be different.

And its something that can be seen by looking at the live performance videos even if I had seen the show the night before or a week earlier

the medleys are interesting in that she is singing them different however, if one can't hear the full song,

one loses out on how she changes the third verses to mean something different than the first or second

@Sadcore thanks for understanding what I am getting at.

• strange weather, LOVE, leaderofthepack and 1 other like this

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

#13603 OFFLINE   MahaMaha

MahaMaha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts
  • LocationAll over.
  • Time Online: 62d 12h 18m 10s

Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:11 AM

Bish talking about the song being pulled off the future physical records :rip: this is getting out of hand.

She keeps reminding us how important that song is. Let's do it, babies, we gotta move outta the black into the blue. Get free!

#13604 OFFLINE   Bad Boy Black

Bad Boy Black

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Time Online: 20d 14h 22m 45s

Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:21 AM

idk about Borns' other dates in Australia but he just announced a show on April 3 in Sydney, and Lana's show is April 2 in Sydney. So I'm willing to bet that he is her opening act for her show or will at least show up on stage and do GSOYB with her or something. Super excited. If he's the opening act I'll be so happy cause his new album is actually really solid.

April can't come soon enough :-(
  • Cult Leader, HunterSThompson, Clampigirl and 3 others like this

#13605 OFFLINE   Lust

Lust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Fan Since:2015
  • Time Online: 75d 13h 33m 33s

Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:28 AM

A good thing that came out of the get free/creep mess is (other than promo) how much appreciation the song is getting in the fandom! Before I felt like I was the only one praising it :)
  • fl0ridakil0s, Cult Leader, UltraviolenceBaby and 5 others like this

#13606 OFFLINE   SouthInGuy

SouthInGuy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Time Online: 7d 10h 29m 10s

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:34 AM

I don't feel like she's lazy. Sometimes she just needs a little break...

:bye3:

• Peachycream likes this

#13607 OFFLINE   yourboy

yourboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 637 posts
  • LocationNot telling
  • Time Online: 18d 20h 20m

Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:12 AM

Idk it's hard to tell. It could just be a fan changing their twitter name/icon to Lana and speaking in the chat to make it seem like it's her lol

It might be fake ofc but it seems real because the person shot a video of the chatroom and tried hard to prove that it was real. Meh nobody knows but I want to believe it haha
  • Arcadia and Tropico Roses like this

#13608 OFFLINE   Cult Leader

Cult Leader

Rosarey

• Voluntary Leave
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Locationparadise
  • Fan Since:October 2012

Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:21 AM

idk about Borns' other dates in Australia but he just announced a show on April 3 in Sydney, and Lana's show is April 2 in Sydney. So I'm willing to bet that he is her opening act for her show or will at least show up on stage and do GSOYB with her or something. Super excited. If he's the opening act I'll be so happy cause his new album is actually really solid.

I dont even know BORNS apart from Lana, but if thats the case for Brisbane too with him being a special guest, thats alright cause I like his voice and I think God Save Our Young Blood would sound good live!

Id rather someone I remotely know of + like than someone I dont know or dont like at all :P

Idk it's hard to tell. It could just be a fan changing their twitter name/icon to Lana and speaking in the chat to make it seem like it's her lol

Plus she's said "it's coming you little bitch" before to that girl asking about Tropico on youtube. She doesn't seem like the kind of person to say the exact same thing twice.

Probably a fake account just trying to make it look funny.

• Bad Boy Black and Arcadia like this
Ciao Amore

#13609 OFFLINE   Coney Island King

Coney Island King

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,070 posts
  • Time Online: 60d 3h 30m 51s

Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:54 PM

Guess i better bring a pillow and blanket to that show since i’ll need to sleep during the BOREDS opener.
  • Volta, reputation, SparkleJumpropeNoose and 2 others like this

#13610 OFFLINE   reputation

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,106 posts
  • Locationbest country in the WORLD <3
  • Time Online: 97d 13h 51m 53s

Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:55 PM

Guess i better bring a pillow and blanket to that show since i’ll need to sleep during the BOREDS opener.

:lmao:  :defeated:  :godlaugh:  :omfg:

#13611 OFFLINE   damagedlolita

damagedlolita

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Time Online: 1d 20h 20m 11s

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:17 PM

I think something happened between Lana and Stella.
  • fl0ridakil0s and Belladonna like this

#13612 OFFLINE   SilverSprings

SilverSprings

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts
  • LocationGlasgow, Scotland
  • Fan Since:2011
  • Time Online: 19d 17h 46m 47s

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:49 PM

Lana has been snubbed for the Brit Awards nominations and I'm actually affronted. How Pink managed to get one for her frankly shit, watered down attempt at a 'comeback' and the seminal album of our generation of degenerate beauty queens (LFL in case yall were wondering) didn't, I will never know.

The Brits are CANCELLEDT.  :bye:  :bye:  :bye:

• fl0ridakil0s, LOVE, fine china and 5 others like this

'So I try to say goodbye my friend // I'd like to leave you with something warm // But never have I been a blue calm sea // I have always been a storm'

#13613 OFFLINE   Undercover Lover

Undercover Lover

Vintage Kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Time Online: 58d 18h 19m 13s

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:49 PM

What makes u think that?

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away"  :lanahairflip3: :legend:

#13614 OFFLINE   NamiraWilhelm

NamiraWilhelm

Advanced Member

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK
  • Time Online: 72d 7h 34m 7s

Posted 14 January 2018 - 12:03 AM

Well shit, maybe I should go to these shows :/ arg
Posted Image

#13615 OFFLINE   IanadeIrey

IanadeIrey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Time Online: 4d 7h 22m 4s

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:06 AM

What makes u think that?

Is it because Stella's not on tour with Lana? 

#13616 OFFLINE   UltraviolenceBaby

UltraviolenceBaby

Felt like a kiss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts
  • LocationUSA (with Lana)+ Aldammam
  • Fan Since:2012
  • Time Online: 22d 11h 57m 6s

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:21 AM

Classic lana

• pinkslipdress likes this

PM ME IF YOU'RE SELLING GALORE MAGAZINE :kiss3:

#13617 OFFLINE   Amadeus

Amadeus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,210 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in northern italy
  • Time Online: 140d 9h 26m 17s

Posted 14 January 2018 - 06:13 PM

uleGbtU.png

Lana recording beautiful people beautiful problems 

• SilverSprings, fl0ridakil0s, Nobody and 17 others like this

i76mrxw.png 

#13618 ONLINE   99centlips

99centlips

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationSac
  • Time Online: 13d 6h 24m 20s

Posted 14 January 2018 - 06:49 PM

Stella posted “blue skies forever” on insta story the other day, but who knows maybe
  • sexwithyou likes this

#13619 OFFLINE   Khris

Khris

A Yosemite Cultist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Fan Since:2012
  • Time Online: 32d 9h 16m 28s

Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:39 PM

where is the neil outtake even from

#13620 OFFLINE   paradisetropico

paradisetropico

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts
  • Time Online: 5d 4h 35m 48s

Posted 14 January 2018 - 08:27 PM

it is never a good idea to be friends with an assistant; it does not work... 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users