Elle

Happiness is a Butterfly

Pre release thread is locked so sharing my thoughts here: 

I gave in lmao. Listened only to the tracks I sort of knew already though, to test out the quality on something I already knew. Listened to Cinnamon girl, NFR, HIAB and TNBAR. 

The quality is indeed really bad, but now I don't have a hunger to listen to the other songs which is awesome, I can wait for them in peace now till the 30th even though I haven't heard them lol. 

The verses and the fucking bridge in TNBAR are the same, we WON. (well, the chorus's lyrics are not that great but it's still nice) 

HIAB indeed has a much richer production towards the end which makes me appreciate it a little more, Still one of the weaker tracks for me, no bridge or anything, just what we've heard so far

NFR- I can't fucking wait to listen to this in HQ, all the strings culminating are HEAVEN. It's quite a simple track. A beautiful string intro, first verse and chorus, then second verse and chorus and then instrumental string heaven outro with Lana singing stuff siren style over it as it ends. 

No bridge for Cinnamon either. Verse-chrous, verse-chorus, the chorus again in higher register(this can be considered the bridge though it's just the chorus) and then instrumental break all the way till the end. 

Did not listen to Love song, California or Bartender and after hearing that quality I don't even feel the need to which is great cause I can calmly wait for them now. But holy shit, the tracks already sounded good in this shit quality, so when they come in HQ, the album WILL end us

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

Pre release thread is locked so sharing my thoughts here: 

I gave in lmao. Listened only to the tracks I sort of knew already though, to test out the quality on something I already knew. Listened to Cinnamon girl, NFR, HIAB and TNBAR. 

The quality is indeed really bad, but now I don't have a hunger to listen to the other songs which is awesome, I can wait for them in peace now till the 30th even though I haven't heard them lol. 

The verses and the fucking bridge in TNBAR are the same, we WON. (well, the chorus's lyrics are not that great but it's still nice) 

HIAB indeed has a much richer production towards the end which makes me appreciate it a little more, Still one of the weaker tracks for me, no bridge or anything, just what we've heard so far

NFR- I can't fucking wait to listen to this in HQ, all the strings culminating are HEAVEN. It's quite a simple track. Spoiler alert:

The snippet Lana posted on instagram of this song was pretty much the entire song. Those are the first verse and chorus, after the chorus the instrumental continues with her singing blueee, then right back to second verse and chorus and then again, the instrumental with Lana singing stuff, siren style, this instrumental part is longer since it's basically a long outro. The better new thing about this track is the intro, which is just amazing

No bridge for Cinnamon either. Verse-chrous, verse-chorus, the chorus again in higher register(this can be considered the bridge though it's just the chorus) and then instrumental break all the way till the end. 

Why is the NFR thread locked?

NFR-no bridge

MAC-no bridge (there's that little guitar solo but that's just pretty much the outro)

VB-no bridge lol

Filly-not really a bridge

Doin time-not really a bridge

Love song-don't know

Cinnamon girl-no bridge (there's that repeated chorus in higher register and with lighter instrumentation)

HTD-from what she performed live, no bridge

California-Don't know

TNBAR- a fucking BRIDGE!! and a brilliant one

Bartender-don't know

HIAB-no bridge

HIADT-no bridge

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

NFR-no bridge

MAC-no bridge (there's that little guitar solo but that's just pretty much the outro)

VB-no bridge lol

Filly-not really a bridge

Doin time-not really a bridge

Love song-don't know

Cinnamon girl-no bridge (there's that repeated chorus in higher register and with lighter instrumentation)

HTD-from what she performed live, no bridge

California-Don't know

TNBAR- a fucking BRIDGE!! and a brilliant one

Bartender-don't know

HIAB-no bridge

HIADT-no bridge

Honeymoon remains unbothered on his #1 spot at her discography then  :teehee:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

i find it really nasty and that y’all sitting here spreading and conversating about the leak like ma’am y’all don’t deserve this albums release at all. she should’ve held it back another year lolol

i find it really nasty and that y’all sitting here spreading and conversating about the leak like ma’am y’all don’t deserve this albums release at all. she should’ve held it back another year lolol

what else we gon talk about... 

what else we gon talk about...

shut the hell up and not spread it? your so entitled to leaks that you honestly logically believe that it’s something okay to discuss about like...you’re so in the wrong you could never be right

Do you want me or do you not
I heard one thing, now I'm hearing another
Dropped a pin to my parking spot
The bar was hot, it's 2 a.m. 
It feels like summer

Happiness is a butterfly
Try to catch it, like every night
It escapes from my hands into moonlight
Everyday is a lullaby
Hum it on the phone, like every night 
Sing is for my babies on the tour l y f e oooooohhhh

If he's a serial killer
Then whats the worst that can happen to a girl who's already hurt
I'm already hurt
If he's as bad as they say then I guess I'm cursed
Looking into his eyes

I think he's already hurt
He's already hurt

I said DONT BE A JERK DONT CALL ME A TAXI
SITTING IN YOUR SWEATSHIRT
CRYIN IN THE BACKSEAT
oooOOOoo0 i just wanna dance with u 

hollywood n vine black rabbit in the alley 
i just wanna hold u tight down the avenue 
i just wanna dance with u 
i just wanna dance

bby i just wanna dance with u 

Left the canyon, drove to the club

I was one thing now I'm being another
?? down to sunset in the truck
I'll pick u up, if yer in town, on the corner

happiness is a butterfly
we should catch it while dancing high
lose myself in the music baby
everyday is a lullaby 
try to catch it like lightning light(high?)
sing it into my music
im crazy 

If he's a serial killer
Then whats the worst that can happen to a girl who's already hurt
I'm already hurt
If he's as bad as they say then I guess I'm cursed
Looking into his eyes

I think he's already hurt
He's already hurt

I said DONT BE A JERK DONT CALL ME A TAXI 
SITTING IN YOUR SWEATSHIRT
CRYIN IN THE BACKSEAT
oooOOOoo i just wanna dance with u 

hollywood n vine black rabbit in the alley 
i just wanna hold u tight down the avenue 
i just wanna dance with u 
i just wanna dance

bby i just wanna dance with u 

i think this is my fav song on NFR even tho the lyrics r all over the place. 

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

Lana when asked about the meaning of the song:

HIAB for me was about not chasing, you know and letting people come to you, letting happiness come to you, staying centered in yourself.