partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

On 7/8/2023 at 1:48 PM, blackenedrussianpoetry said:

A snippet of Lana’s Leonard Cohen cover of his original song “If It Be Your Will”

https://twitter.com/lanadelcutiee/status/1489578627947589642?s=46&t=fomKEBXsqEc79TiEf06HRA

On 7/8/2023 at 1:54 PM, blackenedrussianpoetry said:

How? Aw man. This is my top 1 most wanted Lana leak ever and turned out to be fake… thanks for the confirmation though

On 7/8/2023 at 1:56 PM, The Siren said:

AI

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-E2XCrHHaG/

10 minutes ago, blackenedrussianpoetry said:

https://www.nme.com/news/music/lana-del-rey-167-1282763

earliest mention of a follow up/deluxe edition of born to die… wondered what phase paradise was on dec 2011-jan 2012 then

i think it didnt exist back in february 2012 yet, but ride and cola could had already been made by feb 2012, not as ready songs but demos - drive and pussy

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

26 minutes ago, blackenedrussianpoetry said:

Oh yeah is you’re gonna love me is a sirens outtake?

its a consensus that it was made already after all tracks for sirens were recorded and formed into an album, so early recordings for her next album that would later become aka

25 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

its a consensus that it was made already after all tracks for sirens were recorded and formed into an album, so early recordings for her next album that would later become aka

Was asking after Lana sings “Jim- im gonna dedicate this whole album for you” and that’s a 2006 song..

13 minutes ago, blackenedrussianpoetry said:

Was asking after Lana sings “Jim- im gonna dedicate this whole album for you” and that’s a 2006 song..

I remember this being discussed but I dont remember what conclusion they came to, what do u think @Surf Noir?

5 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

I remember this being discussed but I dont remember what conclusion they came to, what do u think @Surf Noir?

since the acapella demo is said to be from 2006, it could possibly be about sirens, however, depending on what period during 2006, she could be referring to a very early iteration of AKA, since demos of disco, let my hair down, and oh say can you see were recorded on january 14, 2007, and demos of for k, pt. 2, get drunk, and raise me up (mississippi south) were recorded on february 28, 2007, it wouldn't be impossible that very early demos or just writings for these songs existed in late 2006, not to mention that pawn shop blues was definitely already in existence in 2006, perhaps what she meant changed as time went on, the acapella demo could've been referring to sirens, or maybe what she wanted to become AKA, and the 2008 laptop demo could've been about the finished and completed AKA produced by david kahne, remember how she mentioned a trailer park friend named jim in the index magazine interview? hmm...

(0:54)

WGe8ynS.gif

2 minutes ago, blackenedrussianpoetry said:

Why haven’t we had a discussion of what the submitted Lana song to Tarantino film in 2019?…….

Wasn't the Hollywood movie soundtrack thing debunked? The real question is what happened to the Alice In The Wonderland soundtrack :wat:

url%5D

8 minutes ago, Embach said:

Wasn't the Hollywood movie soundtrack thing debunked? The real question is what happened to the Alice In The Wonderland soundtrack :wat:

Oh debunked? That’s a clarity… but alice. All i remembered was- it was made w Rick some time ago….

also i’d be interesting to gain knowledge of the lana song (“ahh” as the only word) playing at the very end of carmen music video of which- we’ll never now till eternity…

2 minutes ago, blackenedrussianpoetry said:

Oh debunked? That’s a clarity… but alice. All i remembered was- it was made w Rick some time ago….

also i’d be interesting to gain knowledge of the lana song (“ahh” as the only word) playing at the very end of carmen music video of which- we’ll never now till eternity…

The end of Carmen MV? The song is Satie's Gymnopedie no.1. But I can't remember any Lana's "ahh" playing in end. It's probably the "talking" audio from the video footages?

url%5D

1 hour ago, blackenedrussianpoetry said:

At 5:14/5 mark

Now I listened to it and remembered that hahaha, idk I had always thought it was from a live show? Or a "piece" from a BTD album song? 

url%5D

read today that fine china and your girl that were cut off the final UV tracklist the last minute couldve been bonus tracks  since lana always imagined UV to be a 11 tracks album so that makes sense 

On 7/27/2023 at 5:59 AM, Embach said:

The Once Upon a Time in Hollywood info came direct from an interview with the film's music supervisor and she had no reason to lie about it.

https://www.gq.com/story/mary-ramos-quentin-tarantino-interview

The Alice in Wonderland thing seems to have been for a spec script that never got off the ground. The writer likely asked her to do the music before they got any backing from a studio.