partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

On 5/29/2023 at 1:08 PM, lmdr said:

I find it interesting how she has recently said that she wanted Born to Die to sound classical but none of the songs, outtakes or demos sound classical except for Million Dollar Man, Video Games and Born to Die. All of the outtakes and demos sound consistent to me, they are pop bangers, so I find it weird how vocal she has been against Born to Die’s pop production done by Emile. I feel like she was trying to find a cohesive sound for an album, which is why we have so many different versions of the songs but ultimately she never liked what was being crafted through the years. She probably did not know what she wanted and grew tired of working on her songs so she just let Emile do his own thing when he came along in the process and was like “Oh well I’m done. This is it.”

What a great and accurate comment. Diet Mtn Dew was her oldest song I believe from the date she made to having officially released it. I think that's also why she expressed the idea she was done with music and had no intention to release another album. It wasn't until Honeymoon she wasn't recycling old tracks and being content with releasing demos or old songs. 

Just now, palemoonbaby said:

this was BTD sampler tracklist. i found it in thread from 2012/13

National Anthem (Nexus/Justin Parker)

Born to Die (Emile Haynie)

Live or Die (Jaz Rogers)

Hey Lolita Hey (Liam Howe)

Million Dollar Man (Chris Braide)

Video Games (Justin Parker/Robopop)

Paris (Guy Chambers/Liam Howe)

Puppy Love (Justin Parker)

Driving in Cars With Boys (Nexus)

This is What Makes Us Girls (Tim Larcombe)

Hundred Dollar Bill (Jayson Michael)

Are You Ready? (Eg White)

Diet Mountain Dew (Alexis Smith/Crispin Hunt/Mike Daly)

You Can Be The Boss (Alexis Smith)

Kinda Outta Luck (Alexis Smith)

Carmen (Justin Parker)

Put the Radio On (Biff Stannard)

Blue Jeans (Emile Haynie)"

I remember this list from The Guardian and that picture of her with the flowers... she was still blonde. It's interesting she ended up revisiting Driving In Cars With Boys in 2014 out of this list. Maybe there are others. Perhaps it suggests she was mostly unsatisfied with the way this album turned out and didn't find out how to go about the songs until she met producers after Born To Die. I wouldn't even say any of these songs are specifically outtakes they are just ones that didn't make this kind of random list that is the Born To Die tracklist. 

1 minute ago, Jakk said:

Do we think it was Emile as much as the label who wanted the album to be so pop/hip hop influenced? If he produced the more classical songs (besides Video Games) I’m sure he would’ve done whatever Lana wanted on the other ones. He also produced some of those pre-Paradise unreleased songs that are very toned down (Starry Eyed). And Wait for Life.
Also I would add the Blue Jeans intro from the music video to that classical sound list, I wish it was included in the album version!

I am certain Rick Nowels did Starry Eyed. It's true they did Wait For Life but maybe Emile didn't find that sound until years later.

Also, I mean, when Lana was done making Born To Die she recorded Making Out which is definitely a pop song. So I think she is just lying or exaggerating about this whole classical album thing that she apparently mentioned in the interviews. Probably some other stuff going on fans don't know about that she didn't disclose. 

As I am reading, it could be Dan Heath who really inspired her to continue to record music after Born To Die and explore that "60's" sound. I am reading they made Life Is Beautiful in July 2012 which fits that theme and seems to be the first song from 2012 recorded that fans know of. The song itself is like a return to music. Whatever scrapped Paradise project she made I theorize was produced mostly by him. I like to think there's a Hollywood Dan Heath version which she was talking about. He still has credits for the "Chemtrails" album! And apparently produced You And Me which is a dreamy track! 

All I want is to have an interview with Lana with mega long list of questions by fans about all eras. I just neeeeeeed answers for everything, every detail about the process behind different eras, also Lizzy Grant & May Jailer questions. This is the closest we could get for the world peace. But I also feel like she has forgotten a lot about those things. :cat: 

url%5D

On 1/2/2023 at 1:00 AM, The Siren said:

oh, what about Riverside and The Good Life? were they recorded in 2014? for UV or Honeymoon? or something else at the time?

i read that as riverdale

what if the cockroaches have psychedelic pussy?

1 hour ago, Embach said:

All I want is to have an interview with Lana with mega long list of questions by fans about all eras. I just neeeeeeed answers for everything, every detail about the process behind different eras, also Lizzy Grant & May Jailer questions. This is the closest we could get for the world peace. But I also feel like she has forgotten a lot about those things. :cat: 

Let's petition Ben for a 2 hour Q&A where nearly everything is not off limits :defeated:

On 1/3/2023 at 2:09 PM, Psychedelic Pussy said:

The second last line looks like it says “Fake Really” ¿

IKRR and the 13th track prob is an R or a K on the end of the trackk maybe its your girl

Old Money, 2:12

tumblr_n66t9eCeoM1rdpjfqo1_500.gifv

On 6/29/2023 at 12:35 PM, Jakk said:

Do we think it was Emile as much as the label who wanted the album to be so pop/hip hop influenced? If he produced the more classical songs (besides Video Games) I’m sure he would’ve done whatever Lana wanted on the other ones. He also produced some of those pre-Paradise unreleased songs that are very toned down (Starry Eyed). And Wait for Life.
Also I would add the Blue Jeans intro from the music video to that classical sound list, I wish it was included in the album version!

edit: apparently starry eyed was produced by Rick Nowels, I just thought those sounds in the background were Emiles!

"Starry Eyed" is definitely a Rick + Emile track. I will die defending my opinion. As a hardcore Emile stan, I can identify his production tricks all over that track. Yeah, the song leaked on Rick's website. But the sound effects and the drums are straight up Emile Haynie.

On 7/1/2023 at 5:33 AM, The Siren said:

Let's petition Ben for a 2 hour Q&A where nearly everything is not off limits :defeated:

Watch it be the locals asking her dumbass questions like what's her fav Taylor Swift song :teehee:

18 minutes ago, americangothic said:

"Starry Eyed" is definitely a Rick + Emile track. I will die defending my opinion. As a hardcore Emile stan, I can identify his production tricks all over that track. Yeah, the song leaked on Rick's website. But the sound effects and the drums are straight up Emile Haynie.

i highly doubt that as the Track leaked with label KM mix, means that it was done with Rick nowels team, kieron menzis specifically, and I dont think that emile haynies song wouldve somehow appeared on ricks site

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

Just now, lanaismamom said:

i highly doubt that as the Track leaked with label KM mix, means that it was done with Rock nowels team, kieron menzis specifically, and I dont think that emile haynies song wouldve somehow appeared on ricks site

then they unapologetically ripped off his production?:rip:. Will ask some of Rick's team on Instagram and see if I get any response from them for clarification (sometimes they do answer lol)

2 hours ago, yourboy said:

Watch it be the locals asking her dumbass questions like what's her fav Taylor Swift song :teehee:

make it a LBs exclusive via LDRVillage

1 hour ago, ivory almond said:

i think we deserve a LFL mass leak for 4th of July tbh

i agree. leak all the political songs!

6 minutes ago, blackenedrussianpoetry said:

Could Pink Champagne/Madly be produced by Jonathan Wilson? If those compositions/songs were actually recorded in October 2013 then- because around September-October 2013 Nylon Magazine had an interview w Lanz about having a rock song produced by Jonathan Wilson

they both produced by Paul epworth

Just now, blackenedrussianpoetry said:

Paul Epworth songs from 2013? I thought he’s the dude who worked with Lana upon her label’s demand during Ultra’s finalizing w Black Beauty?

idk when bb was reworked but yeah these songs are from 2013!