partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

1 hour ago, lanaismamom said:

tracklist with your girl, fine china and possible yes to heaven as we know they were masterd with other uv tracks 

id like to think this was a scrapped Japanese deluxe edition :true:

On 4/13/2023 at 3:58 PM, Coloringbooks said:

It was a CD and we have a picture of it I believe

uIMUUlK.jpg

I personally don't count this as an "official" mixtape or EP since we don't have a real title for it [and that version of Ruby (Put Me in a Movie) is already on the elusive No Kung Fu]

tysm!

archiving any ldr-related stuff I can find (like, literally)

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

163c956c5fc19ea25e79f89d6eec3b83.gif

On 4/13/2023 at 4:22 PM, hotshot2am said:

Uwgxh1d.jpg

Do you mean this one? The original torrent got taken down on DimeADozen, I would have loved to look at the comments.

I'd love to have the og files of nkf, tpolg, ylm etc... i did some sleuthing and the only trace I found is this site https://rockarchive.webs.com/current that lists nkf alongside some live performances, but there's no download link at all. for the rest - nothing interesting.

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

Just now, The Siren said:

we dont know. its more likely that Melancholia was never an album.

wajegilsrbgkldeirbgw okay thank you!!! im going to pretend it is for the sake of organizing my unreleased.

glitterfy3004543T778B81.gif

4 minutes ago, jamesss said:

is this the official melancholia tracklist? or is this like fan made

fanmade considering DICWB post BTD mix was made in 2014 a little bit before ultraviolence came out so i doubt melancholia was still a thing then

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

That tracklist is fanmade. The description also states it's a concept the person had created.

Let's keep in mind that Lana never said 'Melancholia' was a considered album title, only that Melancholia (the song) was later reworked into Ultraviolence's title track 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

1 minute ago, rancidgirl said:

fanmade considering DICWB post BTD mix was made in 2014 a little bit before ultraviolence came out so i doubt melancholia was still a thing then

plus those tracklists always include the unreleased songs only (minus old money) i feel like there would be atleast a couple more released songs in there if it was real

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

4 minutes ago, rancidgirl said:

plus those tracklists always include the unreleased songs only (minus old money) i feel like there would be atleast a couple more released songs in there if it was real

yeah like black beauty bc we KNOW it was considered for Tropico which means (if melancholia rly had a tracklist at one point) it would also be considered for melancholia

personally, i like to believe that melancholia was a full-blown album that was scrapped

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

1 minute ago, ivory almond said:

personally, i like to believe that melancholia was a full-blown album that was scrapped

agreed!!! im a 'melancholia-is-an-album' truther.

glitterfy3004543T778B81.gif

18 hours ago, jamesss said:

agreed!!! im a 'melancholia-is-an-album' truther.

but if melancholia had been an album would tropico have been an album too? or do we consider melancholia as an alt title for tropico?

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

theres no way for melancholia being a real album title since this song had never been finished so im highly doubt that, neither melancholia nor black beauty or stuff, it has always been tropico - the name of earliest draft tracklist and ultraviolence, trans am from the other side remains a mystery tho.,,,

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

2 minutes ago, margaret soty said:

I think of Tropico or whatever the pre-uv album will be called, as an acoustic guitar album. 

Where did we get this title? I don't remember.

it was spotted during her photoshoot at 27 January, 2013, the same shoot where we found out about tropico draft tracklist from

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

22 minutes ago, ImenaOphelia said:

but if melancholia had been an album would tropico have been an album too? or do we consider melancholia as an alt title for tropico?

i think if melancholia was an album title, it would have been the transitional period between the tropico concept being scrapped and before the final UV concept being initialized (melancholia being the reference title to the original idea for UV without having a solid concept)