Elle

Lana to release two new songs: ‘Mariners Apartment Complex’ & ‘Venice Bitch’ (out next week)

Someone on twitter said it's a reference to Leonard Cohen's record 'I'm Your Man' djkkjdkjfdkldkf

I wonder if the line "Kiss the sky" was a little reference of Jimi Hendrix as well hinting at the upcoming electric guitar style songs.

Honeymoon was her first album I bought and I never liked it :facepalm:  although now 3 years later over the last year it's became my favourite. :defeated:

I bought a physical copy on the day it was released and instantly loved it, especially Salvatore, Swan Song and The Blackest Day. But to each their own, I guess  :oic2:

did she have trouble spelling lightning so she put the emoji or what? :toofunny:

It's just a joke, it's probably just out of laziness

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

I bought a physical copy on the day it was released and instantly loved it, especially Salvatore, Swan Song and The Blackest Day. But to each their own, I guess  :oic2:

I was working, landscaping and I listened to it while working so it was possibly that which ruined it for me lol digging and shoveling dirt and stones and laying grass not what you want to be doing while listening to a relaxing chill album

I was working, landscaping and I listened to it while working so it was possibly that which ruined it for me lol digging and shoveling dirt and stones and laying grass not what you want to be doing while listening to a relaxing chill album

true, i made my dad take me on a drive just so i could listen to the whole album in the car hehe

Okay out of work for the day and wow OMFG! It is so fresh yet so UV. The lyrics are back and they are so fucking good! I'm so excited for this record. I just can't get over the lyrics and the rock/country undertones. It is so beautiful I love it. The interview was great too. The only thing that concerns me is she mentioned she has already sequenced the tracks which means the album itself is virtually complete probably and she is waiting to release the poetry. The time in between now and then makes me worried she may get a wild hair and try to rework things. That said it's a minor possibility, she seems very self assured about this project and I am so ready for it. 

Let me just say how fucking ready I am for the Laurel Canyon/Surf Rock vibes - yes yes yes. 

Rock Lana is the best! Really all Lana's are but I love this for her.

No one can tell me otherwise this was Yosemite and she scrapped it and took the time into making it something really good and that's why the song is so good it wasn't rushed like other songs omg I'm deceased don't @ me

I am 99.9% certain this isn't Yosemite.

I have a feeling this record will have a lot of reccuring themes that connect songs.

I am 99.9% certain this isn't Yosemite.

I have a feeling this record will have a lot of reccuring themes that connect songs.

I see cohesion coming, I love the titles being referenced in other tracks. i. e. Venice Bitch in MAC.

LOVED the music video, the song is very good tho I would prefer something with more instruments and that weren't ONLY on the guitar.

Let's wait for Venice Bitch, loved the title

original.gif