Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

i don't think lana wants to collab with marina.

how are you, marina, and your producer going to hang out IN THE STUDIO and not collaborate  :toofunny:

I think the sound she's going for with NFR is not the best option for a Marina collab. She would fit a 100% more on LFL, for example, but even then their voices are a lot different and Marina would have to tone it down so Lana could follow  :creep: but I'm hopeful they'll do something together in the future, its imminent tbh.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

I have a horrible feeling that the NFR artwork won't even be of lana but of some random ass plant or something chuck found near a gas station

d63yq15-3111241c-203c-4c68-b6a1-861d09a7

I have a horrible feeling that the NFR artwork won't even be of lana but of some random ass plant or something chuck found near a gas station

This gives off a certain k i n d of energy but I rly don't think she would be the one especially at this point in her career to put out a cover without her damn face on it lol. She pays so much for her fillers might as well flaunt them :candy:

ZKcaooE.png

I said it maybe like 60 pages back or so, but I wouldn't mind if this album cover won't have Lana on it... but only if it's good artwork and not some lazy, iPhone picture you snap in an instant.

But Lana is a (alternative) pop girl and I have honestly not seen any pop album without the singer on the actual cover ok except for like Rihanna's anti, so I suppose she'll be on it this time as well.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

The only way I'd be happy with a Lana-less cover is if it was not necessarily illustration but ultragraphic and textless. Maybe w stickers on it or smt. I'm a huge hoe for the current trend of textless or very minimal text covers w just a parental advisory slapped on it. I have strong opinions regarding this

ZKcaooE.png

She could at least recreate a Norman Rockwell painting, he has some nice ones that would fit her aesthetic

f75a08582cff61e04f750edceac27ff8.jpg

%D0%9C%D0%B0%D0%BC%D0%B0-%D1%83%D1%81%D1

k6W8RQ5FaGDIrmarfe3X_1082048879.jpeg this one would be a SERVE  :defeated: it fits the theme of the album + the car continuity

But seriously imagine if Lana recreated this last picture, replaced N.R. with N.F.R. and thats it   :defeated:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

She could at least recreate a Norman Rockwell painting, he has some nice ones that would fit her aesthetic

k6W8RQ5FaGDIrmarfe3X_1082048879.jpeg this one would be a SERVE  :defeated: it fits the theme of the album + the car continuity

omg the first one :defeated:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

woah, that would actually be really dope 

e1s11.gif

I don't think an illustration would be too good, even as realistic as Norman's, we would be like wooow at first but it would be such a HUGE departure from the rest of her aesthetics, I don't think it would age well? It may fit if there are some other illus stuff accompanying the record such as an animated video or something like that but not necessarily as a stand alone cover. And the other two covers we had so far weren't illustrations, so I would genuinely be surprised if NFR was.

ZKcaooE.png

I don't think an illustration would be too good, even as realistic as Norman's, we would be like wooow at first but it would be such a HUGE departure from the rest of her aesthetics, I don't think it would age well? It may fit if there are some other illus stuff accompanying the record such as an animated video or something like that but not necessarily as a stand alone cover. And the other two covers we had so far weren't illustrations, so I would genuinely be surprised if NFR was.

they mean the album be photographed to look like an illustration. not an actual illustration lol 

e1s11.gif

they mean the album be photographed to look like an illustration. not an actual illustration lol 

Yes, and my post wasn't a continuation of theirs?... I was just stating my opinion on illustrations re the album cover not answering 

And btw this particular one makes me think of my favourite Chuck photo of all time I would be SO HERE FOR THIS. Come thru NYC record urgh

90185d5942dc494d8937f6a8a8a08698.jpg

ZKcaooE.png

The only way I'd be happy with a Lana-less cover is if it was not necessarily illustration but ultragraphic and textless. Maybe w stickers on it or smt. I'm a huge hoe for the current trend of textless or very minimal text covers w just a parental advisory slapped on it. I have strong opinions regarding this

It'd be cool for a mixtape or a sideproject but I doubt she'd go this bold with an official release tbh

Especially since the rest of the covers are mostly portraits with somewhat cohesive typography throughout the years

Also TASTE with that Chuck photo I'm so mad we don't have an HQ it's my favorite Lizzy photo as well

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

It'd be cool for a mixtape or a sideproject but I doubt she'd go this bold with an official release tbh

Especially since the rest of the covers are mostly portraits with somewhat cohesive typography throughout the years

Completely, that's why I don't believe it will happen. As I just said I think the same about an illustrated cover. It's just too different, people would be confused and that would probably at the very worst impact the sales

ZKcaooE.png

Yes, and my post wasn't a continuation of theirs?... I was just stating my opinion on illustrations re the album cover not answering 

And btw this particular one makes me think of my favourite Chuck photo of all time I would be SO HERE FOR THIS. Come thru NYC record urgh

90185d5942dc494d8937f6a8a8a08698.jpg

do you even read what you post ?

you're so beyond cashed, it's hilarious

mod note: user was warned for this post

Edited by Elle
please be respectful to other users

e1s11.gif

It's gonna be a basic ass portrait shot by Chuck (just prepare) probably a car in the background 4 the kids xoxox

But I'd lowkey love something like the VB cover as the album cover with no text then just NFR down the spine - or something more artsy like the UV alt cover

It's gonna be a basic ass photo shot by Chuck (just prepare) probably a car in the background 4 the kids xoxox

But I'd lowkey love something like the VB cover as the album cover with no text then just NFR down the spine - or something more artsy like the UV alt cover

alt uv cover is the best cover, i remember being like how could you not want this one over the regular 

e1s11.gif

alt uv cover is the best cover, i remember being like how could you not want this one over the regular 

The deep greens and reds then her acrylic nails and tattoos... Like fuck. Her best album cover by miles... Come through Lana and get Neil in

I don't see how not choosing the UV Chuck cover above the Neil one could have been anything but a conscious choice because the Chuck cover is the perfect continuity of the BTD and Para covers, so they were probably making the definite decision of wanting to break a bit her image for a new beginning and new sound. But I think it would have been so much better urgh, and it represents the music so so so much better. That's all I ask for NFR cover actually, that it represents the music well

ZKcaooE.png