Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

i've been listening to HIADT all day and i just took a break to listen to other lana songs like WC and Gods and Monsters and....... this song doesn't not compare at all

ย 

How would HIADT and Gods & Monsters in anyway compare? They are both very different songs.

Zztqfn3.jpeg

i've been listening to HIADT all day and i just took a break to listen to other lana songs like WC and Gods and Monsters and....... this song doesn't not compare at all

ย 

You're right that it doesn't not compare at all. I agree, it's on their level quality-wise. Just a different type of song.

kendrick lamar, i think? yeah that was a messย  :lmao:

ย 

it was a collection of untitled demos lol...

Donโ€™t @ me but

ย 

HIADT is Lanaโ€™s most well-written song

ย 

And her saddest song

ย 

We stan.

ย 

The lyrics remind me of singer/songwriters of the past. Like Mitchell and Cohen, etc. And I don't doubt the melody being beautiful based on the snippet.ย 

ย 

God, I can't wait for this.ย 

PLEASE, Lana. Album release date tomorrow PLEASE.

ย 

โ€œOh the album is finished! Aha, I still havenโ€™t set a date for it uhm but Iโ€™m looking towards the beginning of fall for it to go with the uhm colors of that season. Haha But yeah, itโ€™s no longer 11 tracks anymore, I had actually revised the album heavily before considering it done... Uhmmm, I took off the first two leads + these cute little songs that I had teased called Cinnamon, How to Disappear, and Iโ€™m a Star because I didnโ€™t think they fit the sad girl vibe. Uh Not sure where those will go, but itโ€™s an acoustic piano album now!โ€

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

I don't recall if this has been said anywhere, but can anybody verify if the piano and/or vocal melody of HIADT are similar to the opening strings of Mariners Apartment Complex?

ย 

That's one thing I noticed when she first shared the snippet of Sylvia. Like, it sounded like a slowed down version of that opening.ย 

ย 

I ask because I'm wondering if this consistency will mean the album is bookended by those two tracks - or regardless. Just proves there'll be consistences across the tracklist.ย 

I don't recall if this has been said anywhere, but can anybody verify if the piano and/or vocal melody of HIADT are similar to the opening strings of Mariners Apartment Complex?

ย 

That's one thing I noticed when she first shared the snippet of Sylvia. Like, it sounded like a slowed down version of that opening.ย 

ย 

I ask because I'm wondering if this consistency will mean the album is bookended by those two tracks - or regardless. Just proves there'll be consistences across the tracklist.ย 

ย 

They're not.

ย 

---

ย 

I'm 100% okay with the aesthetic of this era but that selfie is ugly af :rip: