Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I was thinking, if "'black narcissist" was about a person, wouldn't it be written "Black" with a B and not a b? I might be wrong but I think that would technically be the correct writing. So people are really making shit drama for nothing

No. Narcissist is a common noun, so the b still wouldn’t be capitalised if it’s a person, but you’re definitely right that it’s never about another person.

nF70D0F.png

I was thinking, if "'black narcissist" was about a person, wouldn't it be written "Black" with a B and not a b? I might be wrong but I think that would technically be the correct writing. So people are really making shit drama for nothing

Well we don’t have the official lyrics to see how she would write it

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

Jesus Christ stop

LIZARD PEOPLE

if you can’t disassociate the word black from race then it’s your problem, not the rest of the worlds.

also news sources have started reporting so can’t wait for azealia to go bonkers and blow it up thanks to all of you for absolutely no reason.

Jesus Christ stop

Stop what? I was the very first person out there telling people it wasn't about someone, and this is just another proof.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

This song is just so good

The piano ballad we needed..I hope it flows with the rest of the album

To me its not depressing at all,it's like accepting who you are and making small steps to become a happier person

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Stop what? I was the very first person out there telling people it wasn't about someone, and this is just another proof.

You’re not the only person saying it’s not about someone. Many have said that. And honestly your ‘proof’ is flawed cause your explanation was grammatically incorrect

nF70D0F.png

I don’t see this as having fun though...just feels lazy and rushed. is that fun to Lana?? .....Actually it probably is Lol

do you think MAC and VB covers are lazy as well then? 

te deseo, cariño

You’re not the only person saying it’s not about someone. Many have said that. And honestly your ‘proof’ is flawed cause your explanation was grammatically incorrect

LOL yes I was the first person saying it yesterday. Look maybe 20 pages sooner, when the song was just released in NZ. People started wondering what "black narcissist" meant, and I told it was a metaphor for depression. Don't speak when you don't know ;)

Edit: Also, I said I might be wrong with my proof, but if you can't read that's not my problem.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

do you think MAC and VB covers are lazy as well then?

. No I think the MAC cover is OK and the VB cover suits it. But come on this is like she selected a random picture off her IPhone and stuck it on...it’s not even being minimalistic it’s just lazy. All her art and imagery has been amazing up to this era.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Watch this song not make the album

You’re the bearer of bad news, aren’t you? And didn’t you believe Hope Is a Dangerous Thing... wouldn’t be released on the 9th?

This song is just so good

The piano ballad we needed..I hope it flows with the rest of the album

To me its not depressing at all,it's like accepting who you are and making small steps to become a happier person

Agree! In comparison, HIaB, with its bridge, is more depressing in a way than Hope is a Dangerous Thing...

But I tire of some of her fans who are too afraid to say they don’t like something or make excuse instead. I feel like she could literally have a song of her farting the alphabet and some of you would say it’s the best thing since sliced bread.

Finally someone said it. FFS I'm sure some of these people like what she's doing, but it's tiring how some of them are so convinced that everything she ever does is perfect. They try to find a way to fit everything into a perfect image that's not there anymore. She lost the ambitious side that made her so amazing back in the day. It's not that deep, people, accept it. She's lazy. The music is good... debatable opinion but yeah. She's lazy anyways.