Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Remember when in the livestream Lana said she liked the current NFR cover but Ben wasn't sure so she's making the one she was too lazy to do... I'm sweating like a whore in church imagine what we went 1mm close to gays

I understand Ben here, but I also understand Lana. For an introspective album like this is turning out to be, why not be barebones? I don't think it's lazy to wanna be low-key and non-existent visually. How would she really be able to do such an era without being called lazy? If that makes any sense what I'm trying to ask.  :horror:

Everyone better open up a Spotify account and stream HIADTFAWLMTH-BIHI all night tonight with the volume on 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I understand Ben here, but I also understand Lana. For an introspective album like this is turning out to be, why not be barebones? I don't think it's lazy to wanna be low-key and non-existent visually. How would she really be able to do such an era without being called lazy? If that makes any sense what I'm trying to ask.  :horror:

I think the only lazy thing she's done this era is use a selfie she took at the LACMA awards weeks prior as a single cover... She's better than that

lana-del-rey-in-gucci-2018-lacma-art-fil626x0w.jpg

same dress

It's so Lana to have a selfie as a cover, though.  :flutter:  She's always been fascinated by multimedia (as her videos prove), so it's just another form of it - only it's still otherwise quite a contemporary concept. Give it a few decades and it'll be vintage or something. 

no, she is just lazy

no, she is just lazy

I still don't understand how this has anything to do with the quality and thematic sustenance of it compared to the music she's putting out with it. 

Plus, if she were truly lazy, it wouldn't have been a creative decision to shape the image on the single cover like a selfie photo rather than making it cover the whole space of the x by x shape. It's a creative choice to emphasize it's a selfie. 

I still don't understand how this has anything to do with the quality and thematic sustenance of it compared to the music she's putting out with it. 

Plus, if she were truly lazy, it wouldn't have been a creative decision to shape the image on the single cover like a selfie photo rather than making it cover the whole space of the x by x shape. It's a creative choice to emphasize it's a selfie. 

Nah, that is just your personal opinion that doesnt say anything about Lana´s real intention.

PicsArt is a free selfie editing app.... I

Just a thought: we've never gotten it confirmed that a song called NFR will be on the record, right? And as random as she has been this era, I wouldn't be surprised if the album won't have a track named NFR on it. :toofunny:

Ok, time for me to log out and sleep.

She said it herself in the interview for VB. The album is named after that song

Honeymoon had 15 tracks all reigning in around 5 minutes though 

Honeymoon had 14 tracks with one of them being a 1 minute interlude though...