Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

ok what is the song about? like i dont understand how the verses and bridge go with the chorus. is she part of a cult? where is she getting the blood from to write on the walls? her period?

Yes, and when she said "Cause the ink in my pen don't look good in my pad" she was talking about her sanitary towel. Her mind! 

Really wondering what NFR (title track) will sound like. Will it serve the piano acoustic side of the album or give us some Venice Bitch, Laurel Canyon psychedelics..

I really think it's gonna be something special, I imagine around the 6 minute mark.

I also have a strong feeling that it will be track 03 (following from Mariners Apartment Complex and track 02), maybe beginning more acoustic and then transitioning into a psychedelic almost rock song that then leads into Cinnamon.

ok what is the song about? like i dont understand how the verses and bridge go with the chorus. is she part of a cult? where is she getting the blood from to write on the walls? her period?

She's trying to navigate through the cosmic realm while keeping her sanity, but she feels as though Hope Is A Dangerous Thing for herself because when she has hope, and life shit's on that hope, she feels worse than if she didn't have any hope at all. She's dealing with her demons, she's not happy, but she's not sad. She just is; Lana Del Rey.

LGLi.gif

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

as of today with my past of being an art student in London I can say that I've seen this shit many more multiple times than I ever wish I had, but it doesn't top the day a guy pulled his dick out during a group assignment and pissed on his painting he just made on the floor for Art

ZKcaooE.png

This song is absolutely beautiful, I needed this I really did. She has grown so much.

𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝓀𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓂𝒶𝓇𝒾𝓁𝓎𝓃 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒿𝑜𝒶𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝒶𝓇𝒸

𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝒶𝓃𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝓌𝑜𝓂𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝑒𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝑜𝓇 𝒶𝒻𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒹𝒶𝓇𝓀

𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓃 𝓂𝓎 𝒸𝑜𝓃𝑒𝓎 𝒾𝓈𝓁𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓎

as of today with my past of being an art student in London I can say that I've seen this shit many more multiple times than I ever wish I had, but it doesn't top the day a guy pulled his dick out during a group assignment and pissed on his painting he just made on the floor for Art

was his dick big?

Just a thought: we've never gotten it confirmed that a song called NFR will be on the record, right? And as random as she has been this era, I wouldn't be surprised if the album won't have a track named NFR on it. :toofunny:

Ok, time for me to log out and sleep.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

... what did I just read omg I'm so sorry you got to see such things...! :horror:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Just a thought: we've never gotten it confirmed that a song called NFR will be on the record, right? And as random as she has been this era, I wouldn't be surprised if the album won't have a track named NFR on it. :toofunny:

Ok, time for me to log out and sleep.

She has mentioned the "title track" iirc

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

as big as his ego my dude. and his ego was huge. I can tell I was the only fucking person facing him never been that embarrassed in my entire life

ooh gurl you got a free show

ok what is the song about? like i dont understand how the verses and bridge go with the chorus. is she part of a cult? where is she getting the blood from to write on the walls?

I believe it's a reference to Charles Manson and the Manson murders, he was a musician and part of a cult. Messages were left for the police in blood on the victims walls I believe.

She also references the "writing on the walls in blood" in Heroin.

... what did I just read omg I'm so sorry you got to see such things...! :horror:

sis I was morbidly embarrassed but since he was hot as fuuckkkckckkckkckc and I always lowkey had a crush on him and he was sorta my friend I can tell you that you don't have to be sorry for me lol

ANYWAYS I'm out from class and I'm too scared to listen to Sylvia cause I love the lyrics too much for it to risk to displease me :defeated:

ZKcaooE.png

Just a thought: we've never gotten it confirmed that a song called NFR will be on the record, right?

She mentioned a title track in the Venice Bitch premiere interview, she confirmed the album was called Norman Fucking Rockwell and that she'd recorded the title track earlier in the year but it was the album title from March 2018 onwards.