Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Are MAC, VB and HIADT part of NFR? I don't think it's confirmed anywhere?

omg its probably me being an asshole but i hate it when people ask this question, its been answered so many fucking times. YES, in the interviews in September lana said the songs are part of the album

ok but why is lana so fucking lazy to have a decent photoshoot? she does nothing all fucking day

yall assuming these creative decisions are just due to laziness.... she definitely knows everyone hates the lq single covers and yet she's doing it anyway, this time with a fucking selfie.... i think she's trying to make a point

tumblr_pb75g64MCD1wufoyho1_500.gif

I feel like In Your Car will be that song. Especially with how she begins to whisper at the end.

I was just coming here to post about how badly I need this song. “I believe in a place you take me, make you real proud of your baby” fucking kills me and I can’t wait to hear the rest.

omg its probably me being an asshole but i hate it when people ask this question, its been answered so many fucking times. YES, in the interviews in September lana said the songs are part of the album

Literally it’s so annoying. I don’t get how people can see a newly teased snippet and ask “Is it for NFR?”

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

Literally it’s so annoying. I don’t get how people can see a newly teased snippet and ask “Is it for NFR?”

and yet they're here making their "dream tracklist" including hey blue baby when lana explicitly said the song is not on the album. they even included RBFY, a demo that was written 2 years ago for a different album

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already, but I'm pretty sure the line "Don't ask if I'm happy, you know that I'm not / But at best I can say I'm not sad" is a reference to Sylvia's first diary entry "I may never be happy but tonight I am content".

sgopYhV.gif

She's been serving her best music since Honeymoon with this album. It doesn't even feel real 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Are MAC, VB and HIADT part of NFR? I don't think it's confirmed anywhere?

In the first post with the sylvia snippet she wrote:

SYLVIA PLATH FROM NORMAN FUCKING ROCKWELL

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

I am pretty damn sure she wouldn’t tease songs that weren’t on the album and not say they weren’t on the album. At least with RBFY she said it didn’t make it, with BAR she never teased it, with Yosemite it’s different since she randomly took it off but I doubt she’d do that again since she probably saw the backlash she got for it

Maybe these are standalone singles to see how people will react on different genres. IDK, that's why I asked. I just hope she'll put every song on NFR she performed (acoustic) and teased on Instagram. It would be a shame not to hear HBB, Cinnamon, HTD, HIAB and IMBSFFSH.

But it 3 songs she released are on album, does that mean we haven't heard 8 songs? Is it even confirmed that the album will have 11 tracks?

In the first post with the sylvia snippet she wrote:

SYLVIA PLATH FROM NORMAN FUCKING ROCKWELL

Thanks. I've missed that post.

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

I have tried not to overplay the apple performance of how to disappear but it's so hard. the melody gets stuck in my head so often. One of her best songs 

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

yall assuming these creative decisions are just due to laziness.... she definitely knows everyone hates the lq single covers and yet she's doing it anyway, this time with a fucking selfie.... i think she's trying to make a point

The point is she's actually not racist, she's just homophobic and won't give us what we want

I have tried not to overplay the apple performance of how to disappear but it's so hard. the melody gets stuck in my head so often. One of her best songs 

It makes me so sad. Such a beautiful song

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

not being rude but, all of these snippets sound the same - this song basically sounds like HTD so... homegirl is gonna need to experimemt a little more with production and ditch that musty piano NOW

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Hope is Dangerous is just simply beautiful. 

I know some would've liked more production but I think just the vocals and piano make the lyrics pop out. And I think that was her whole intention. 

Some really thought provoking lyrics have crept up from NFR (except VB but that was more instrumental focused anyways- still a bop just in different form)

I am looking forward to what her poetry and the rest of the songs have in store in terms of the story that NFR will have.

source.gif source.gif

not being rude but, all of these snippets sound the same - this song basically sounds like HTD so... homegirl is gonna need to experimemt a little more with production and ditch that musty piano NOW

1. How do they all sound the same? This sounds nothing like HTD, Venice Bitch or Mariners Apartment Complex

2. How to Disappear actually has studio production, lol 

This song sounds nothing like the HTD snippets nor the video she posted working on the song with Jack. It sounds like the live performance because Jack can only play one instrument at a time and he decided to go for the piano, that's it  :deadbanana:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains