Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I never tried to guess the tracklist for this album and I know it's kinda boring to discuss (again!) but I wanna give it a try lol.

1. Mariners. It's a good introduction for what the album seems to be about (she says that she feels misunderstood in several songs, as I mentioned some week ago, and this is a good way to start saying that) and the last echoing words seem to fit perfectly as a opener I think. Are we ready for what she's about to tell us?
  2. Title track. If it's called Norman Fucking Rockwell just like the album, it feels like it's a good place to put it as the second song, just like Ultraviolence and LFL. Mentioning that people misunderstands her in the previous song, she'll continue with saying that this guy think he's the best in this song.
  3. In your car. Feels like a beginning of HIAB's "don't call me a taxi, sitting in your backseat".
  4. Happiness is a butterfly. "Don't be a jerk... I just wanna dance with you". While this guy really think he's the best and misunderstands her, she still wants to be with him.
  5. New track. Feels like we need a unheard song to keep the interest up.
  6. Cinnamon? The synths we heard in the chorus snippet feels too different from HTD and hope/Sylvia and I kind of can't see Cinnamon being too close to them in the tracklist.
  7. New track.
  8. New track. Yosemite? Bartender?
  9. How to disappear? Lana pondering about her current life and state of mind, of her past and what her future might look like.
  10. hope is a keyboard smash. A quiet, melancholic song right before those rock influences songs to end the album.
  11. New track. The start of the three last songs with a rock undertone.
  12. New track.
  13. Venice Bitch. The song is slightly chaotic, maybe a summary of the emotions she's been feeling and telling us in this album, and leaves you wanting more with the last notes.

i'm SO into this. ofc this is without knowing if any of the new songs are better openers or closers, but i particularly believe VB should close the album. then again i don't think that'll happen as she seems to prefer less "open-ended" songs as closers, since Heroin & The Blackest Day were in the final part of the album but were never the last song (not to mention Cruel World used as opening track in UV)...

btw do we know anything more about the whole ~RHCP vibe~ she initially talked about or what she meant with it (funk? catchy riffs? obnoxious repetitive lyrics about Califonia lol)? she mentioned it more than once & then there was the halloween video with the 2 RHCP songs, but none of the songs released so far remind me of RHCP in the slightest, so i'm at a loss.

I really think hope is not going to be on the album. This may be a stretch but its the only single that's been released that hasnt had its title capitalized. The title is all in lower case and I feel like she's designating it as not on the album.. also i feel like How to disappear will be the album's last track a la "Old Money" on Ultraviolence if the other woman cover hadnt been on there

yea i see that, didnt she also call it a single for the fans, but i remember her saying hope from my new album thats why i assume it will be on it but she couldve changed her mind. and if it is on the album that will annoy me because its all lower case and it would not look proper at all. oop

btw do we know anything more about the whole ~RHCP vibe~ she initially talked about or what she meant with it (funk? catchy riffs? obnoxious repetitive lyrics about Califonia lol)? she mentioned it more than once & then there was the halloween video with the 2 RHCP songs, but none of the songs released so far remind me of RHCP in the slightest, so i'm at a loss.

I don’t remember her saying much about it than just mentioning the band’s name and I have no idea if she made the reference for only VB or if she had the last three tracks of the album in mind as well. Considering how she mentioned that the album will have “no bangers”, I’m pretty sure we won’t get any RHCP guitar slap and fast paced songs. :pft: But it might not have suited her anyway.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

yea i see that, didnt she also call it a single for the fans, but i remember her saying hope from my new album thats why i assume it will be on it but she couldve changed her mind. and if it is on the album that will annoy me because its all lower case and it would not look proper at all. oop

i hope its capitalized if its on the album. is that even possible to do to a song once it's already out? who knows

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

I don't think she cares much about the coherence between an album's closer and the next one's opener. I know she already said she did (or at least, that she was trying not to break to coherence of the story she was telling throughout her discography) but I don't see any continuity between Bel Air and Cruel World, DLMBM and Love, or even The Other Woman and Honeymoon. I'd rather think she chooses one particular record's opener considering its tracklist only. Thus MAC would be very logical

i hope its capitalized if its on the album. is that even possible to do to a song once it's already out? who knows

me vs getting on my computer when NFR drops and changing the song name to ‘Hope is a Dangerous Thing’

haha, those salty replies are just proving my point though. If the shoe fits, you should wear it

Okay but don't forget your pair sister! Like it or not, you're on this boat with us and you're doing the exact same thing filling this thread with complaints. Acceptance is where it starts!

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

i'm SO into this. ofc this is without knowing if any of the new songs are better openers or closers, but i particularly believe VB should close the album. then again i don't think that'll happen as she seems to prefer less "open-ended" songs as closers, since Heroin & The Blackest Day were in the final part of the album but were never the last song (not to mention Cruel World used as opening track in UV)...

I don’t remember her saying much about it than just mentioning the band’s name and I have no idea if she made the reference for only VB or if she had the last three tracks of the album in mind as well. Considering how she mentioned that the album will have “no bangers”, I’m pretty sure we won’t get any RHCP guitar slap and fast paced songs. :pft: But it might not have suited her anyway.

We always have to take what she says with a grain of salt: she did say after all that HM was inspired by the golden age of jazz (I only hear " jazz inspirations" at the end the title track and Terrence). She did say that some NFR songs had some surf undertones to them, a bit of RHCP... I guess she refers to the end of MAC and the synths-guitars of VB. Maybe the synths of Cinnamon. But not fast-paced songs like RHCP have, maybe more the "beach feelings" that some of their songs have. 

Anyways, I associate Lana to ballads. Hey Blue Baby might be her fastest song, with Off to the Races. 

I don't think she cares much about the coherence between an album's closer and the next one's opener. I know she already said she did (or at least, that she was trying not to break to coherence of the story she was telling throughout her discography) but I don't see any continuity between Bel Air and Cruel World, DLMBM and Love, or even The Other Woman and Honeymoon. I'd rather think she chooses one particular record's opener considering its tracklist only. Thus MAC would be very logical

You're right. I was just thinking there might be a continuity between Get Free and NFR since Get Free ends up on such a high note, one you'd wish she'd revisit on the next album. But you made a valid point by saying MAC, lyrically, is sorta in the vein of Get Free and it is indeed a solid possible opener to NFR.

AND Y’all still listening to NFR snippets?

Honestly still super excited but the snippets grew old fast, and those extended ones are so shittily made

Well how good can you expect them to be when the snippets are only 30 seconds? :smokes:

Okay I must be stupid, what is RHPC??

The band Red Hot Chili Peppers

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

this is the tracklist im envisioning..

1. Mariners Apartment Complex

2. Norman Fucking Rockwell

3. Cinammon

4. In Your Car

5. Bartender

6. Happiness is a Butterfly

7. Hey Blue Baby

8. I Must Be Stupid for Being So Happy

9. Yosemite

10. Roses Bloom For You

11. Venice Bitch

12. How to Disappear

13. Cactus (Pixies Cover)

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

I can't believe God put Lana on this earth just so she could give us this song. :wowcry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNYSDZcrGXM&list=PL6lULaZSJr52GA7bviK7ym_qVjvUQApIi&index=60&t=0s

Is it just me or does In Your Car sound like it could be part of those songs that leaked from UV? Like it sounds like it would fit perfectly with Yes To Heaven, Your Girl and Fine China I don't know if its just me. All I know is In Your Car grew on me so much and Lana better tell us the title soon cause once I get too used to In Your Car as a title, it's over!

NFR haters must be seething at the fact that all three of her new songs made her Essentials playlist meanwhile, Cherry is nowhere to be found ;)

It's because Cherry is too profound for fans, especially since they're mostly single 14 year old bottoms who never knew what love is. They can't relate! I'm just kidding but honestly sis who cares what's on the essential playlist! Let's just be grateful Spotify was nice enough to give Lana a playlist :thumb3: Details don't matter

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

Is it just me or does In Your Car sound like it could be part of those songs that leaked from UV? Like it sounds like it would fit perfectly with Yes To Heaven, Your Girl and Fine China I don't know if its just me. All I know is In Your Car grew on me so much and Lana better tell us the title soon cause once I get too used to In Your Car as a title, it's over!

It's because Cherry is too profound for fans, especially since they're mostly single 14 year old bottoms who never knew what love is. They can't relate! I'm just kidding but honestly sis who cares what's on the essential playlist! Let's just be grateful Spotify was nice enough to give Lana a playlist :thumb3: Details don't matter

The strings are what makes In Your Car heavenly... it's as if she had gone back to using those instruments in a subtle way. The instrumental part encapsulates melancholy so well.

Absolutely! It has a certain UV flair to it. :hair:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven