Hi! Mod team is aware of site issues and have contacted Admin :) ×
Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Yeah, Barrie-James O'Neill said she never actually broke up with him. He was in London and got a text from his cousin saying sorry they broke up and he never knew then googled and seen online how she mentioned in an interview they were finished and he was expecting her to join him in London in a few days :derpna2:

we STAN a gemini kween  :candy:

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

Yeah, Barrie-James O'Neill said she never actually broke up with him. He was in London and got a text from his cousin saying sorry they broke up and he never knew then googled and seen online how she mentioned in an interview they were finished and he was expecting her to join him in London in a few days :derpna2:

omg even in her serious relationships she acts like this, maybe this era rollout really isnt anything new from her then kskdkfkfk she's so fucking messy.. that so cold and heartless though damn

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

omg even in her serious relationships she acts like this, maybe this era rollout really isnt anything new from her then kskdkfkfk she's so fucking messy.. that so cold and heartless though damn

skdjfnk it's definitely something someone would do to me tbh

at this point i dont want a release date. i dont want a proper era anymore. i just need the mp3s streaming in my phone NOW

happiness is a butterfly being track 4...i hear it

mariner's apartment complex track 1

norman rockwell...track 2

in your car track 3

hapiness is a butterfly track 4

bartender track 5

velvetier track 6

cinnamon trak 7

She has some people she's been seen with throughout the years like Andrei or Courtney Love but has anyone noticed how she always hangs out with the same person/group of people on multiple occasions within a time frame and is rarely seen with anyone else, and then she's never seen with them again?

Like she was best friends with Jaime King until 2014 and then they never seen together in public again until they took a photo together at some event in 2016.

Then when she was dating Fran he was the only person she was ever seen with for a year+, sometimes with his friend Nabil. 

Then she was with Jonathan Wilson a lot in like 2016. 

And then of course she was with Stella and her dog all through the LfL era and I know she was paying for her friendship but she still wasn't really seen with anyone else other than Chuck. 

And now that Stella's visa expired or whatever she's with these "baddies" all the time.

Anyway, my point is that she'll probably grow apart from them soon and find some new friends in pilot school or something.  

I have a theory as to why Stella isn't around her anymore. Guys, keep in mind that I have no evidence lol, but I love my «fan fiction story» here .

There was an Insta account named xxmoonshine or something that appeared around the LFL pre-release era, and they had a couple of snippets and info that were leaked on a regular basis by someone that clearly seemed close to her (there was the progress of the record, live recording of her singing the songs, infos about the videos, etc.). The account became inactive around the beginning of the LA to the Moon tour, and the same time Stella kinda disappeared from her entourage. I thought it would have been interesting if Stella ran the account but had been discovered by Lana's management. And since she was betrayed, Lana cut ties with her (cue dramatic music here). 

She has some people she's been seen with throughout the years like Andrei or Courtney Love but has anyone noticed how she always hangs out with the same person/group of people on multiple occasions within a time frame and is rarely seen with anyone else, and then she's never seen with them again?

Like she was best friends with Jaime King until 2014 and then they never seen together in public again until they took a photo together at some event in 2016.

Then when she was dating Fran he was the only person she was ever seen with for a year+, sometimes with his friend Nabil. 

Then she was with Jonathan Wilson a lot in like 2016. 

And then of course she was with Stella and her dog all through the LfL era and I know she was paying for her friendship but she still wasn't really seen with anyone else other than Chuck. 

And now that Stella's visa expired or whatever she's with these "baddies" all the time.

Anyway, my point is that she'll probably grow apart from them soon and find some new friends in pilot school or something.  

This is only what you see...

She most definitely has intimate relationships we have no idea about. 

god-damn.png

I'm listening to Sirens right now for the first time in a while, and I've realized the older I get the more I like it. Mind you, I was 14 when I first listened to it, and my initial thoughts were "where's the instrumentals, it's so boring", but looking back on it as 21 year old I love how raw it is.

I know everyone's obsessed with how raw NFR is, and I'm all for it, but the perspective and lyrical content is very different. You're looking at two different sides of a coin; a girl who's lost in life trying to find herself, trying to tell a story, without a discography to reflect off of, basically without restraints. Total freedom. No Marilyn Monroe accent. No baby voice. No deep hollow vocals. Just someone's pure voice over a guitar with stories of their life.

Now NFR; a woman who is still semi lost in life, but who has already told her story to the world, has to keep up with what her vocals have become. I'm not saying they got worse or better, but if you go back and listen to Sirens and compare it to now, there's no new accent, no breathy head vocals or deep hollow caves of echoes, delays and the shakiness she loves to use nowadays. I know some of you won't agree but it's not a bad thing, it's just a known fact Lana puts on a voice now.

Sirens was Lana's actual voice, where as AKA Lana started to get breathy. In between AKA it turned into a baby voice at times, especially in her pop tracks. Fast forward to BTD, Lana started playing with the new deep breathy vocals, and yet still played with the baby voice (Diet Mountain Dew for example) from BTD came Paradise, where the baby vocals completely disappeared. UV brought the breathy vocals to a whole new level, and then HM & LFL carried on the tradition.

Story wise, she doesn't have much to sing about anymore, and it's not as relatable. Back then she was singing from a lost perspective of someone trying to find their way and tell their stories, whereas now she's singing from the perspective of someone who has made it, has no more stories to tell expect for the little conversations that she has over coffee or in a car, and is still struggling.

There's nothing wrong with it, I just wish she would take a break. A good 5 year break and life would give her every new story you could possibly think about. It would be a plus for everyone, the fans and herself. She wouldn't have to worry about being too big because all the fake fans would have left by then, so she'd be making music for those who truly did care. As much as you guys wouldn't be here for it, I truly do hope NFR is the last album for a while, and that she takes time to find herself, find her voice and have some fun.

I know she'll never stop writing, but that's the good thing. A song written in months usually is lackluster, but a song written over the course of 5 years like what Lana did with BTD (like the fact that DMD was 4 years of writing and production) I think it would be her best album yet.

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

pls dont starve urselves

mod note: user was warned for the original, pre-edited post

Edited by Elle
please do not user red text or attempt to band together users to harass Lana & her team

i'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin... 

#HungerStrikeForNormanFuckingRockwell

Tweet this @ Lana, Ben, Chuck, Ed etc. and let them know that Lipsters aren't eating until we get confirmation about the album or its released and if they don't release it then they're like murderers and should go to jail because we could die

GO LIPSTERS GO!!!!!!!!

finally an IDEA!

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

sis ily but nobody reading that

Give him some credit, at least he used paragraphs this time!

I have a theory as to why Stella isn't around her anymore. Guys, keep in mind that I have no evidence lol, but I love my «fan fiction story» here .

There was an Insta account named xxmoonshine or something that appeared around the LFL pre-release era, and they had a couple of snippets and info that were leaked on a regular basis by someone that clearly seemed close to her (there was the progress of the record, live recording of her singing the songs, infos about the videos, etc.). The account became inactive around the beginning of the LA to the Moon tour, and the same time Stella kinda disappeared from her entourage. I thought it would have been interesting if Stella ran the account but had been discovered by Lana's management. And since she was betrayed, Lana cut ties with her (cue dramatic music here). 

omg I never knew this :raven:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven