Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Okay because I hate myself I decided to read the comments on Sublime's re-post ...

The very first comment didn't disappoint. "Lana's voice really doesn't match the style" and the same person followed that up with, "it would've been cool if someone like Gwen Stefani did it."

:stop:

Ok they do have a point tho. Lana makes the song sound a bit more lounge, whereas Gwen has this twang and natural attitude to her voice that'd really vibe w the track. Not just bc she's from No Doubt from a similar time, but it'd just be easier to audio swallow 

UV/Honeymoon

Ok they do have a point tho. Lana makes the song sound a bit more lounge, whereas Gwen has this twang and natural attitude to her voice that'd really vibe w the track. Not just bc she's from No Doubt from a similar time, but it'd just be easier to audio swallow 

Fair, but I don't think it would matter who did it, it would never be good enough. If Gwen did it, they'd complain and say Shirley Manson should've done it. Etc.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Fair, but I don't think it would matter who did it, it would never be good enough. If Gwen did it, they'd complain and say Shirley Manson should've done it. Etc.

Mm from their perspective, I c why that'd be said yeah. Too bad Gwen's not doing it tho so -- I mean, they can just listen to the original smh 

UV/Honeymoon

I feel bad bc I know the song is going to be amazing but I’m semi-already over it w all this “coming soon” shit and also if she really plans on going radio silent for three more months I KNOW for a fact this song is NOT going to tide me over (tie me over?). Like I’m already kind of over it just from the 40 second snippet....

Anyway, negative Nelly over here lol. BTW OT but I never really have been able to enjoy Sublime unless I was high or see someone enjoying Sublime unless they were high... idk I’m sober now and allegedly Lana is too so I just wonder what the appeal is for her?

Wow okay that’s truth right there lmao I know all their music but never listen to it sober. And I don’t smoke anymore. I’ll listen to Lana’s cover too much though in preparation for the alb*m

I feel bad bc I know the song is going to be amazing but I’m semi-already over it w all this “coming soon” shit and also if she really plans on going radio silent for three more months I KNOW for a fact this song is NOT going to tide me over (tie me over?). Like I’m already kind of over it just from the 40 second snippet....

Anyway, negative Nelly over here lol. BTW OT but I never really have been able to enjoy Sublime unless I was high or see someone enjoying Sublime unless they were high... idk I’m sober now and allegedly Lana is too so I just wonder what the appeal is for her?

same... we haven't gotten anything since january, i'm starving, and i know this cover is not going to be enough to make feel satisfied for God knows how many months until the album release... i just hope that real "promotion" starts soon, i don't like to be kept in the dark, i need some actual info  :toofunny:

and now i feel ungrateful  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny: 

I never meant to be bad or unwell I was just living on the edge right between heaven and hell & I'm tired of it 

i wonder how 2012 glamorous lolita Lana would feel about 2019 ig baddie matcha drinking Hillsong attending Elizabeth  :creep:

Let's be (brutally) honest here: she was more of a baddie then than she is now, despite her current, seemingly desperate attempt to be one.

Some more brutal honesty:

I hope Doin' Time leaks. At this point, a reaction indicating that she gives any degree of fucks would be welcome, including a "u little fuckers" type response to said leak.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I dreamt I was flying on a jetpack thru the highway and a new Lana sound played in the air :') I'm - i could watch the video in the sky and she was doing weird yoga poses besides her pool

tumblr_inline_qhw6etIHor1wxgybj_500.gif

last.fm: dope_n_diamonds // twitter: lovinglydelrey

i really don't get the 'cinnamon in my teeth' part and what it has to do with anything, plus how does a kiss get things in your teeth. makes no sense. i get having cinnamon ON your teeth, but IN your teeth as if it's stuck like broccoli or something?! 

yes i realise how desperate this is getting now. just drop the damn song lana

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

Sublime fans... truly a gift  :facepalm:

ln1Lzb0.jpg

They're just salty because they realise Lana's version sound better than the original :teehee:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

That's why she is trying anymore with her look and style

to be fair she shouldn’t care what crusty stinky older beerbelly white men think about her because they aren’t/will never be her fan base. if they’re still saying things like this when she’s been looking so underwhelming compared to her old looks, they would say it even with a paper bag over her head. why? they hate women :smokeney: