Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Not me getting my hopes up for a release soon just because she gave us another snippet. :rip: Anyway. The title track sounds like another piano ballad. I think this album will be like she said, “no bangers”, and I’m afraid and prepared at the same time that it’ll bore me to death so I hope the lyrics will save this album. So far from what we’ve heard, I’ve liked them.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

where are the red hot chilli peppers vibes??

Nowhere. Maybe we should let that description finally go and replace it with “St Pepper-y” instead...

Why am I disappointed that there’s no RHCP influences lol, I know Lana’s descriptions are really vague? :rip:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

YET AGAIN ANOTHER BORING PIANO SONG??? OMG THIS IS HILARIOUS JGKDJG CAN SHE COME UP WITH ANYTHING EEELLSEEEE

U r boring

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Nowhere. Maybe we should let that description finally go and replace it with “St Pepper-y” instead...

Why am I disappointed that there’s no RHCP influences lol, I know Lana’s descriptions are really vague? :rip:

but these songs dont sound like sgt pepper either!

Ok Lana tomorrow give us more info thanx. This was nice but I don’t trust you enough anymore. You have recently made me expect the worst, and a snippet is not going to cut it anymore. We want deets. We NEED deets. Don’t fuck it up.

I don’t doubt she will disappear for another eternity. At least we know it’s not cancelled I guess.

I’m really sad to say that I’m not excited at all, and I know it’s because this messy era and the lack of communication for months and months. :( If she shared this in February, I’d be screaming internally from joy but now I’m just... Lana, I don’t care about your snippets, there’s too many of them, just give me a release date. :( I’ll be doing the same as I did with her last snippet, I’ll only play it once, forget what it sounds like and feel like it’s all new by the time I get the album.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I don't know. I like, and always have liked, RHCP but my main complaint with them is that every single song ever references California. It's okay in some songs, but it is so predictable and unnecessary in others.

Sis also has frequent California references, so maybe that's what she meant by "RHCP influence" :oic:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Next Friday is her birthday. This song is her favourite. I wish she would put it out next week.

~?~

the problem I have with "Sgt Peppery" would mean it's a little more psychedelic pop and weird, where the only song we've heard that's anything remotely close is VB

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

You seem to forget that the very first time she was asked what the album was gonna be, she said it was in the vein of Change, which is a piano ballad. It's only months later that she said she added some surf rock elements. But it's not a surf rock album and it's not UV 2.0. Lana stays true to the very first description she gave of what the album was gonna be like before even making it

~?~

We are all fully jaded at this point lol. I am 100% here for the Lana piano album so I’m not disappointed in the snippets sound AT ALL, it’s already probably one of my favorites. I just can’t get excited for nothing again. Which is probably what is going to follow. We don’t want snippets. We are dying for something real.

You seem to forget that the very first time she was asked what the album was gonna be, she said it was in the vein of Change, which is a piano ballad. It's only months later that she said she added some surf rock elements. But it's not a surf rock album and it's not UV 2.0. Lana stays true to the very first description she gave of what the album was gonna be like before even making it

Do you have a source? You’re right, I don’t remember this because she’s been taking m o n t h s to tell us even the slightest news, which is why I decided to keep a list of any announcements to help me, and anyone else, remember.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

RHCP who? Sis needs some RHPS influence

p12793_v_v8_aa.jpg

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Found the word I’m looking for: in different. That’s how I feel about the album and song right now, and I really, really wished it was excitement instead but it died like months ago. But I think (and hope) it will come back when I listen through it completely, new Lana music is pretty much always great.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Imagine if she would’ve made a cute video for that snippet without that god forbidden filter. I would’ve squirted at twice the velocity and force

I want her to do an MV for it but I also don't because I feel like her and Chuck will just devise some sort of indoor version of the MAC/VB video ... and probably even use that snippet filter

To me, the piano almost has a 1920s quality and tbh I just listened without watching the clip and just imagined "Young and Beautiful"-style visuals ...

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream