Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Y’all won’t believe that she posted racist, cringe-y lyrics on a burner Twitter account, but then witness her changing her own lyrics to “send nudes to you” and the unforgettable “I dye my hair a darker shade of brown,

Because you like your women Spanish” Black Beauty lyrics... make it make sense

...what?

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

Its a known fact that spanish people have darker hair, its not fucking racism jesus

Thank you lmao and you know how many people dye their hair?! THOUSANDS! DAILY lmao hair color isn’t racist...

And even if she was being racist, she wouldn’t say she wants to be strong like a Spanish woman...... lmaooo

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

It’s def livestream and not life’s dream

yes, and even if it wasn't, the former still makes more sense + it's a great line

K I’m just gonna say this one more time, for the people in the back. If I say “I only like people with dark hair” “I only like people with black hair” “I only like people with big noses” “I only like people with short hair” etc. No, that is obviously not racist. However, if I say “I only like Spanish people” “I only date asian people” “I won’t date a black person” etc. it IS racist bc I’m making generalizations, assumptions, and stereotyping about all people in a certain race and fetishizing them. Not to mention, Lana saying she wants to dye her hair black to look more “Spanish” is cultural appropriation because she is trying to benefit off a culture that she is not a part of. Its like a white person saying “hey i’m going to get dreadlocks and golden grills bc I want to look more black so my boyfriend will like me more”

If none of yall can see a problem w this then thats cool, stay ignorant x x.

Its funny how a simple Wikipedia search can prevent u from being ignorant and complacent

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_fetishism

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

um are you guys really fucking implying she's referring to spanish women being black in black beauty????? ............

she means her depressive lover is beautiful even if he's depressed... black... sadness... she's painting everything black or darker for him to feel understood :rip: oh my god

um are you guys really fucking implying she's referring to spanish women being black in black beauty????? ............

...no? that's not what anyone is saying

it's just the way i feel

...no? that's not what anyone is saying

omg can you explain then lmao i read 1 post and thought they were saying that... sorry

Fuck. Ok so I guess since we'll b trailing off about this for the next few pages or so. Is there a type of appropriation of culture in regards to social class? Bc I remember her singing about million dollar men and bugatti's like she was on commercial etc and now we know her as a disciple of mazzy star

UV/Honeymoon

The problem with people nowadays is they like to be offended by everything because it makes them feel like a good human being when in reality its just unnecesary bullshit that really isn't deep enough to get upset over, such an ego boost isnt it

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

why are we talking about the one line in black beauty?? i’m so tired....... that song is beautiful and that is such a small thing to bicker about (not to mention old?? like didn’t we already all know this) and it feels kind of useless anyways considering this is a fan site dedicated to a white woman who calls herself lana del rey and puts on fake accents etc like don’t u think it’s already expected with the territory.... like whomb cares she already did tropico she’s a problematic fave we already know get over it

i want the tan border on the cover and the vinyl to be the colors of a sunset swirled together

also i know i just said to stop this convo and even tho this isn’t really the same thing i always think about this: i think like 90% of her music is about tony montana like specifically lmfao, i know it’s kind of obvious but when u really think about it.... that’s a lot of lyrics that can be traced back to al pacino in scarface (but who can blame her :flutter:)

also x2 does anyone remember that pic of her in the mountains by a treehouse or something and it was snowy and there was an american flag?? i can’t remember if i dreamed it or not but i always thought it would be fitting for the cover too

UbsOye5.png

K I’m just gonna say this one more time, for the people in the back. If I say “I only like people with dark hair” “I only like people with black hair” “I only like people with big noses” “I only like people with short hair” etc. No, that is obviously not racist. However, if I say “I only like Spanish people” “I only date asian people” “I won’t date a black person” etc. it IS racist bc I’m making generalizations, assumptions, and stereotyping about all people in a certain race and fetishizing them. Not to mention, Lana saying she wants to dye her hair black to look more “Spanish” is cultural appropriation because she is trying to benefit off a culture that she is not a part of. Its like a white person saying “hey i’m going to get dreadlocks and golden grills bc I want to look more black so my boyfriend will like me more”

If none of yall can see a problem w this then thats cool, stay ignorant x x.

Its funny how a simple Wikipedia search can prevent u from being ignorant and complacent

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_fetishism

as a Latin I can say that we're more worried about the fact that americans STILL control our politics than a random alternative pop singer saying that she wants to look spanish. You want to do something for latin people? Study how imperialism still fucks us, study how americans gave money to the military dictatorship here etc. Stuff like a girl dying her hair black really isn't that important to us. 

omg can you explain then lmao i read 1 post and thought they were saying that... sorry

oh yeah no worries! it was about the specific line of dying her hair to seem more spanish (i.e. fetishization of a culture), not the rest of the lyrics

it's just the way i feel

The problem with people nowadays is they like to be offended by everything because it makes them feel like a good human being when in reality its just unnecesary bullshit that really isn't deep enough to get upset over, such an ego boost isnt it

It must be nice to have the privilege of being allowed to adapt such an apathetic demeanor. Some people arent allowed that luxury :toofunny:

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

i think we're kind of veering off the reason the black beauty lyric was brought up in the first place...it was just to contextualize those twitter lyrics and say that there's precedent for her writing lyrics that could be interpreted as having racial implications (i think, don't want to claim to speak for anyone)

it's just the way i feel

why are we talking about the one line in black beauty?? i’m so tired....... that song is beautiful and that is such a small thing to bicker about (not to mention old?? like didn’t we already all know this) and it feels kind of useless anyways considering this is a fan site dedicated to a white woman who calls herself lana del rey and puts on fake accents etc like don’t u think it’s already expected with the territory.... like whomb cares she already did tropico she’s a problematic fave we already know get over it

i want the tan border on the cover and the vinyl to be the colors of a sunset swirled together

also i know i just said to stop this convo and even tho this isn’t really the same thing i always think about this: i think like 90% of her music is about tony montana like specifically lmfao, i know it’s kind of obvious but when u really think about it.... that’s a lot of lyrics that can be traced back to al pacino in scarface (but who can blame her :flutter:)

also x2 does anyone remember that pic of her in the mountains by a treehouse or something and it was snowy and there was an american flag?? i can’t remember if i dreamed it or not but i always thought it would be fitting for the cover too

U've some good ideas but imo I hope that border goes. away. Worked for LFL, and barely for the alt version of HM, but. I feel like it's more reason of excuse for her to put something less than what she has to

and I loved that polaroid(?)! idk where the pic is tho 

UV/Honeymoon