Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

My absolute favorite thing about Pale Moonlight is how it goes from "no pressure, it's chill" to "...but I'm literally stalking you and telling everyone I'M GONNA get-GET HIM!" :lmao: :brows:

I love that song but think it, and songs like "This is What Makes Us Girls," aren't coming back because her style and image are more mature; like, on NFR she's a grown woman who doesn't have time for playing games and will call you on your shit, you know? Not a Lolita ingenue any more. Which is kind of sad for us but also probably healthy for her. ;)

Yes and she even said she wrote MMITPP for someone else

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

yes she's a grown woman now

i think the last song in this style was made in UV = florida kilos

But LDR was a "grown woman" then too. She's just older now and, like so many artists, has decided that she has to become 'relevant' and 'woke' to be taken seriously. This has happened to pop stars, especially female pop stars, since at least Marianne Faithfull in the 1960s. Some, like Tori Amos, started out singing about heavy issues, and just continued. I'm glad that Madonna, who I am not a great fan of, also went through this phase, was later able to drop all the seriousness and return to pure pop. 

That's true, we deserve much better.

But alas.

woah

nfr is going to be better than ultraviolence and born to die

giphy.gif

But LDR was a "grown woman" then too. She's just older now and, like so many artists, has decided that she has to become 'relevant' and 'woke' to be taken seriously. This has happened to pop stars, especially female pop stars, since at least Marianne Faithfull in the 1960s. Some, like Tori Amos, started out singing about heavy issues, and just continued. I'm glad that Madonna, who I am not a great fan of, also went through this phase, was later able to drop all the seriousness and return to pure pop.

This to me seems like the opposite to what has happened. She’s less constrained by things like needing to make a hit record, then she was in the BTD days. Ultraviolence, Honeymoon and NFR (based on what we’ve heard) is Lana making the music she wants to, because she’s made it now.

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

these shots make me feel like im gonna cry not that i can cry anymore but i feel like i might especially with mac playing

67519301_2255891544458835_5366595609543367592591_443848639544802_552367211556529

67594083_326677344877502_875933643009582

I'm never getting my hopes up again, but I really think this is going to be beautiful.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

I skipped the regal stuff but this doesn't look that bad tbh

P8vIkOL.jpg

I lost my other one with her poetry and stuff, it was bad but does anyone have it? I don't wanna go back 120839123 pages to find it. (  ; - ; )

Edit: I made a new one :hooker:

GdH6UML.jpg

I made another uglee one lol (this one is so much worse than the others omg)

RRSu11l.jpg

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

RRSu11l.jpg

Fishing for compliments, are we? :P

It looks great and I actually prefer it over the other ones cause it's not as overloaded

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Fishing for compliments, are we? :P

It looks great and I actually prefer it over the other ones cause it's not as overloaded

Um, no, I really think my blending of the cover art and the other blue painting is awful. :toofunny: Glad that you like it (a lot) more than I do, haha! :D

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

she should’ve called this album “LIZZY FUCKING GRANT” I mean what a missed opportunity

Yes but that lowkey sounds like a gal named Lizzy is literally fucking a dude named Grant unless you know who Lizzy Grant was

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

RRSu11l.jpg

I like it tbh. Make it happen!

giphy.gif