Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

How To Disappear (Trap Mix) wbk

i wouldn't worry about it, there's no way that they have the album this early. plus, they're probably just seeking attention and follows! 

the whole album has went almost a year without leaking. i think we're safe, until the physical copies start to ship out. 

there's always a % chance someone will have it close to the date, it'll eventually get around. it's just demos and unreleased we're unlikely to see this era unless her and jack actively shared them.

Doin' Time has such potential to become a hit if they just push it a little. Maybe the "modern spin on grease" video they're shooting is actually for Doin' Time. It would make sense. The song's doing very well, it was #1 on AAA radio, it would make sense that they're giving it the full single treatment. Wasn't there a thing about Lana renting the Sublime tour bus? Also it's as good as confirmed that she's performing it during the live lounge so that also adds to the theory that they want to push the song. 

Scherm-afbeelding-2024-06-07-om-03-03-35

Doin' Time has such potential to become a hit if they just push it a little. Maybe the "modern spin on grease" video they're shooting is actually for Doin' Time. It would make sense. The song's doing very well, it was #1 on AAA radio, it would make sense that they're giving it the full single treatment. Wasn't there a thing about Lana renting the Sublime tour bus? Also it's as good as confirmed that she's performing it during the live lounge so that also adds to the theory that they want to push the song. 

k but like cinnamon girl :flutter:  imagine if it became an actual hit with high budget video i think i'd implode

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

Is anyone gonna add LFA on the NFR tracklist on their iTunes?

Like I know it's not part of NFR but it definitely fits.

Me probably, but I'm still on the fence whether it fits LFL or NFR more

ZKcaooE.png

some account on twitter is threatening to leak nfr in 48 hours. they only have two tweets, the first one just says hi and the second says they're leaking it in 48.

i'm screaming i hope this isn't real.

I'm gonna be so terribly sad for Lana if this turns out to be true. How can someone have so much disrespect towards someone else's art, that's insane. A leak now would ruin the sales of the album

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

‘Season of the Witch’: a good B-side to NFR. The original Donovan version builds to a crescendo, it’s a shame LDR and Jack decided to soften the dramatic ending. Like DT, it’s anti-climatic.

‘Looking for America’: slight, but also a worthy B-side to NFR and this era. I like the studio version a lot better than the live-in-the-studio version. It especially reminds me of the kind of B-sides Tori Amos has added as bonus tracks to her albums for the last decade, like ‘Dixie’ and ‘Oscar’s Theme.’

Season of the Witch is what i wanted Lust For Life to be tbh 

especially from the witchy aesthetic she was giving that era and the Shangri-Las influenced ad-libs and Doo-Wop vibes! 

Theres a record store in my city that has little murals of Lana and the Shangri-Las next to each other

D4LIVGQWsAAXutg.jpg

I'm gonna be so terribly sad for Lana if this turns out to be true. How can someone have so much disrespect towards someone else's art, that's insane. A leak now would ruin the sales of the album

A wise poet said someone" you did it all for fame "

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Is anyone gonna add LFA on the NFR tracklist on their iTunes?

I have already added both it and SORW to NFR. They sound like mild B-sides to me, and are generally a part of this era, especially due to Jack’s production.

I am fairly sure I will take off TNBAR and just save the file. Why LDR and Jack didn’t completely re-record TNBAR so that it fits sonically with the rest of the album is beyond me.

I'm loving Season of the Witch. Especially the chorus.

Oh noooo, must be the season of the wiiiiiitch
Must be the season of the wiiiiiiitch

Must be the season of the witch

:hair: 

Anyone know where the photo of Looking For America was taken?

My obvious guess would be San Fran or LA, but it seems to have been taken at an angle where it could be “anywhere” in America

Anyone know where the photo of Looking For America was taken?

My obvious guess would be San Fran or LA, but it seems to have been taken at an angle where it could be “anywhere” in America

Idk but it's probably a screenshot from google maps 

I love LFA, but uh ... there are two really obvious mic bumps @ approx. 2:13 and 2:20. I'm surprised they let that slip through. :awk:

Didn't noticed before you said it but now I love them they sound like shooting sounds which participate to the meaning of the song

I don't hear them as single bumps but as stacatto pulses, as if from a distant rapid-fire weapon briefly triggered. She also has a history of gun-sound effects in songs (e.g. cocking noises in Love and the more obvious gunshots from GBA...). So I think it's plausibly intentional.