Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Not sure if anyone really cares, but Mariners Apartment Complex is in two playlist of two of Sweden's biggest newspapers.

Dagens Nyheter, "This week's best new songs, week 37": https://www.dn.se/kultur-noje/har-ar-veckans-basta-latar-v-37-1/
Aftonbladet gave it a 4 out of 5. "This week's singles": https://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/musik/a/p6eK0j/veckans-singlar-antifascism-och-pumpor
"Mariners Apartment Complex is vintage Del Rey, a slow ballad with well chosen pop references. This time, the lyrics contains references to Elton John's 'Candle in the wind' and Leonard Cohen's 'I'm your man'. As long as it sounds like Lana Del Rey is singing about being a 'Venice bitch' through a several centimeters thick fog of cigarette smoke, there's really no reason to listen to anything else."

Have you read any reviews in your countries?

Dagens Nyheter. also added Venice Bitch for their playlist the week after. :party:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

tbh. something like

Lust 4 Lyf, Coachella, 13 Beaches, IMF, WTWAW, BPBP, TNC, Heroin, Change, Get Free, BAR/Yosemite/etc as an album about politics & getting to a better state of mind

and that "Summer EP" she mentioned way back when,,,, as-

Love, Summer Bummer, Groupie Love, White Mustang, Cherry... or smth

Idk honestly I don't even like the LFL track. but yeah 

Ye.. The album looks 2 albuns in one.. And dont have any cohesion between the 1 and 2 part.

Lust For Dead   large.gif

if she collabs with marina on norman fucking rockwell then we might as well just say goodbye to the idea of it being better than ultraviolence. sorry but there's no way marina would sound good or fit in songs like venice bitch, just no. just thinking about them collaborating on this new album puts me off. i want this to be immaculate. mariners apartment complex and venice bitch are amazing and just too good to fit in an album where marina is featured in. marina would've been cute on l4l but not now. 

I don't think it's that big of a stretch to imagine Marina being in one of these video series Chuck has filmed for Lana's songs? I won't be surprised if she's in one of them like Alex and Ashley were.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Noticed this morning that the Apple Music pic for Lana is now the MAC pic, truly a new era, I get why they would choose a bust crop picture but the fact that this pic was chosen over the VB is on the verge of homophobia

ZKcaooE.png

I know it would be a beyond terrible and completely unrealistic idea but imagine if God Pete Ibsen came through, stopped making art and executive produced the next record... Dude made my absolute fav song of all time and to of the boppiest, poppiest, Lana songs that could define her style. I would need vaginoplasty

ZKcaooE.png