Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

if we're talking theoretical though, would y'all prefer an 11/12 track album or something longer like LfL had 16 (should've been 18)?

I prefer an 11 tracks COHERENT album than a 16 tracks album that has a messy cohesion.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Sorry but why would u want a short tracklist, the pretencious jumped OUT. The more tracks on an album the better. The only problem is it can sometimes be hard to maintain cohesiveness *cough* lust for life *cough* - but hopefully she serves as many songs as possible,

give us a 20 track album!

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Sorry but why would u want a short tracklist, the pretencious jumped OUT. The more tracks on an album the better. The only problem is it can sometimes be hard to maintain cohesiveness *cough* lust for life *cough* - but hopefully she serves as many songs as possible,

Kinda like UV, if she included the deluxe tracks with Flipside and Is This Happines all in one. Together that's like, 16 songs and ALL sounded cohesive. :hair:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I guess the metascore is more important than the music for some people  :rip:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Personally I would prefer more tracks just because I can't get enough of Lana's music. Plain and simple. 11 songs is okay, but I like longer albums regardless of who the artist is.

Do you guys listen to a whole album when you wanna listen one song in particular? I don't care about cohesion because at the end of the day we all listen to her music on shuffle. Having a cohesive body of work is nice, yes, but it doesn't really matter if you'll end up listening to Venice Bitch and then Cherry and then Radio and then Religion and then Flipside :rip: 

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

I hate when an album has a long tracklist, so I'm ok with 11 songs, It'd be cool if we get some bonus tracks too. Plus, I bet she made more +6mins songs  :toofunny:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

I prefer an 11 tracks COHERENT album than a 16 tracks album that has a messy cohesion.

true, i guess last year most people were just SO excited for new music (myself included) 16-18 songs sounded ethereal, not really taking into account so many would age, be filler from the jump, or arguable as to their quality (BPBP); if Lana wanted to give us 10-12 tracks but each of them are incredible (like melodrama) we're well fed for years

melodrama sounds fresh, innovative, and gorgeous to this day...if Lana pulls that out with NFR then we're in our bag for a great 2yrs

Sone people prefer quality over quantity. A great short record is better than a long one with lots of fillers or forgetable songs. Nothing to do with beibg pretentious, just not being greedy.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Sone people prefer quality over quantity. A great short record is better than a long one with lots of fillers or forgetable songs. Nothing to do with beibg pretentious, just not being greedy.

mte. there are definitely people that care about a metacritic score but let's not act like her shorter records are the most praised when her longest and most filler-heavy album has the highest metacritic score in her career. :rip: LfL had tracks that needed more work (Cherry, Coachella, Summer Bummer, the political tracks' lyricism) and some that were straight filler garbage or vocal lowlights (IMF & White Mustang). 

if lana gives 11 tracks with the same quality as Venice Bitch & MAC (which HtD is easily on MAC level, just gotta hear production) then we're set.

some of y'all say you want another 16-18 track album while you haven't listened to 6-10/16 tracks in half a year anyways while you looped the entirety UV last week, make it make sense

Do you guys listen to a whole album when you wanna listen one song in particular? I don't care about cohesion because at the end of the day we all listen to her music on shuffle. Having a cohesive body of work is nice, yes, but it doesn't really matter if you'll end up listening to Venice Bitch and then Cherry and then Radio and then Religion and then Flipside :rip:

for the most part yeah, i have a playlist that sequences highlights from every album to tell a story to me that i listen to from time to time, but since her music has always been (up until LfL) thematic and cohesive on a per album basis I rarely shuffled her entire discography. any mood i was in usually fit BtD, AKA, UV, or HM and i'd be able to listen to the entire album without caring- cause it carried that emotion throughout the tracklist while still switching up sounds or production; with LfL i can't be in a sadder mood and wait for 5-6 tracks just to hit that section of the album..it ain't worth the wait

GBA and World at War are decent songs, but I'll only ever listen to them if they happen to pop up on a shuffle or autoplay; I'll never be in a "mood" to listen to IMF or Coachella like I'd be in a relaxed, calm state for all of Honeymoon

Idk about you guys but I think Lana is perfectly capable of bringing quantity and quality, she's done it before with Born To Die and Ultraviolence.

tea

Idk about you guys but I think Lana is perfectly capable of bringing quantity and quality, she's done it before with Born To Die and Ultraviolence.

to be fair BtD & UV were both 12/11 tracks long before deluxe- and some of the songs gained with each DLX addition aren't remotely highlights- besides that after having to trudge through LfL countless amounts of time I don't trust her indecisive ass with longer tracklists

Ideally we'd get a long album that's still cohesive and doesn't have fillers, it's not like those two criteria are necessarily mutually exclusive. Alternatively I'd love her to go the Ultraviolence route again – release an 11-track album that is one body of art and make four or five extra songs available for the fans (bonus tracks etc.), but unfortunately Lana doesn't seem to be a fan of deluxe editions (anymore).

The big problem I have with the "quality > quantity" argument is that not everyone defines a good or bad track the same way. Everybody has a different taste, so the song that one person might consider the absolute high point of an album might be one that someone else usually skips. That's why, if I had to choose between a short, cohesive album and a longer, less cohesive one, I'd probably go for the latter. There's nothing stopping you from making a ten-track playlist of your personal favourites for whenever you want a shorter listening experience. Because let's be honest, there are hardly any albums out there that don't have at least one song you don't really like.

For me, personally, the main issue with Lust For Life isn't that it's an incohesive, "messy" album (although that's definitely a problem, too), but that the material in general wasn't up to her usual standard. That's why I find it hard to even make a short playlist that I would enjoy listening to on a regular basis – the songs are just not as good as they could (should) be.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk. Don't be gay, stream Born To Die today.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I would rather have a longer tracklist to have the ability of making a playlist of the songs I DO enjoy listening to. What if she releases an 11 track album with five good songs? Then we would all be complaining she should have made an EP, when an 11 track record isn't lengthy. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.