Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

didn't she changed it just bc the leak?

I remember her saying something about how she changed it because "Young and in Love" didn't fit the message of the song. Also I believe those promo posters that were hung up in certain places before the leak had "Love" as the title, so she changed it before the leak. idk for sure tho, this is all from my memory

qfrWuBl.png

I remember her saying something about how she changed it because "Young and in Love" didn't fit the message of the song. Also I believe those promo posters that were hung up in certain places before the leak had "Love" as the title, so she changed it before the leak. idk for sure tho, this is all from my memory

this. it was registered as "Young and In Love" but all the posters had "Love", so it was definitely done before the leak.

okay but the lyrics have been a SERVE this era. “there’s things i want to talk about, but i’ll just let you live” is so raw and it’s something we all have felt before. UGH HER MIND

giphy.gif

okay but the lyrics have been a SERVE this era. “there’s things i want to talk about, but i’ll just let you live” is so raw and it’s something we all have felt before. UGH HER MIND

FACTS! half of LFL could never

What if she renames the title track and therefore the entire album 

Born to Die

Ultraviolence

Honeymoon

Lust for Life

Norman Fucking Percevel Rockwell (February 3, 1894 – November 8, 1978) was an American author, painter and illustrator. His works have a broad popular appeal in the United States for their reflection of American culture

giphy.gif

currently going through this lyric right now :defeated:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

4 days I cant believe its actually happening

u don't have a choice .

What if she renames the title track and therefore the entire album 

Born to Die

Ultraviolence

Honeymoon

Lust for Life

Norman Fucking Percevel Rockwell (February 3, 1894 – November 8, 1978) was an American author, painter and illustrator. His works have a broad popular appeal in the United States for their reflection of American culture

giphy.gif

Needs more dashes. 

Right? It's fun to speculate, though!

I agree that Mariners Apartment Complex would make for a killer opener, and I didn't think about it, but How to Disappear would be a very emotional way to finish the album. Never gave that thought before, but that's if it were a stripped back ballad. Jack's production in that behind the scenes vid let us hear some of its production and that made it sound less like a note to end on, especially with the more "euphoric"(?) possibilities that include Venice Bitch. 

What would shock the hell out of me is if she'd open with Venice Bitch. I mean, she opened UV with Cruel World, which was about 7 mins long, so I wouldn't put it past her tacking the longest at the start. It would be a ballsy move. 

I'm most curious how the surfer rock vibes of MAC and VB are going to tie in with other tracks and click with the more "hip-hop" flavored (for lack of a better term) vibes of Cinnamon and How to Disappear. They still have surf rock undertones, so I don't expect them to clash, but it may give us a clue as to how the tracklist is going to be laid out. 

Sameeeeeee idk Venice Bitch seems more like an after track, so it has to be after some track, bc of how solid the nostalgia from it would be. I'd be surprised if it were tho actually.. The production on HtD reminds me so much of Because of You, and I'd love for it to be an album-ender, but we'll have to see. I wonder if there's any more heart wrenching tracks on the album, or that she'll just be playfully or coyly letting out her pain little by little, like in Cinnamon, or Sylvia.

Cinnamon actually rmeinds me of a much more diluted Maha Maha, but I hope she sticks away from hip hop for the record, Idk it's probably the beats or something.. 

I usually think of the story of the album first, rather than sound, but I get what you mean about the soundscape. They could sorta accompany each other. and another note, for me, it's a lot easier to listen to the first half of the record of Lana's albums, and then the soft transition tracks, to the heartbreaking tracks towards the end. I just hope we get to listen to tracks that we haven't even heard snippets of. I wanna be surprised by at least one unknown song lol 

UV/Honeymoon

Why are so many of you doubting we'll get new music on Jan.9? I'm just curious...

She said she would do it on her livestream (she mentioned Jan.8, which would explain the «I'm not a 1000% sure»; she didn't remember the exact date), she mentioned it again in her caption on Jan. 2...

I expect her to follow the same pattern she did with the two other tracks: a snippet that will confirm if the song is a renamed Sylvia or a new track altogether, on Jan. 8 , and the time for the radio premiere. 

And for the record, many of you didn't believe we would get VB on Sept 18 either...

JRjNduw.gif

not rly into him but oof he looks fckn hot in this gif. all sweaty and stuff

and to stay on topic I don't care about anything I just need Cinnamon in the same way Sal needs Y*semite... Except in a less flamboyant way lol

ZKcaooE.png

i had a VERY realistic dream that she released 2 singles and one was HTD and i heard the whole thing in the way jack produced it on that live in my dream and it was AMAZING i dont remember what the other song was but HTD sounded amazing in my dream