Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Not strongest lyrics yet... were they asleep for BTD? Paradise? UV? Honeymoon? LFL?

giphy.gif

Thissssssss

"Screaming get us while we're hot"

:hooker: 

giphy.gif

Everyday i wake up and pray to the gods that we receive In Your Car and Cinnamon as soon as possible, i need those songs to bless my ears so badly. Its Cherry all over again and i cant take it anymore. I know how beautiful they are and i refuse to let myself listen to them in case they lose their novelty before the record drops. But i constantly find myself with the melodies stuck in my head and it WONT STOPP

giphy.gif

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Why are y'all fighting about Lana/Ariana/Billie? Lana doesn't care about charts, and label isn't excuse if the album gets delayed. I mean, she released VB even if label was against it cuz it was too long. Get it in your heads already, and end this mess. Please.

EDIT: Anyway, I miss her creativity and passion. Oh well, this era hasn't even officially started yet, so I'm still up for NFR.

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

NFR going to be her most acclaimed album yet, huh?

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Why we mad if NFR doesn't go #1? Her best albums always chart at #2... 

Honestly, we don't care. UV and LFL were #1 (BTD and HM were #2). But her label sure does. It's good publicity, to have a number 1 album. Plus: whenever she scores a #1, she gets more freedom to do whatever she wants. I'm not sure she would've been able to put out HM if Uv hadn't peaked at #1. 

And to think Pitchfork dragged her through the mud after Born To Die... now they release an article every era praising her songwritting and her creativity (that one comparing her to Morrissey was basically them saying WE LOVE HER).

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Honestly, we don't care. UV and LFL were #1 (BTD and HM were #2). But her label sure does. It's good publicity, to have a number 1 album. Plus: whenever she scores a #1, she gets more freedom to do whatever she wants. I'm not sure she would've been able to put out HM if Uv hadn't peaked at #1. 

well it kinda makes sense

and after HM not selling that well, she released Lust For Life which was totally an attempt to have a more successful album/single

and I think LFL actually has more streams than UV on Spotify 

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Everyday i wake up and pray to the gods that we receive In Your Car and Cinnamon as soon as possible, i need those songs to bless my ears so badly. Its Cherry all over again and i cant take it anymore. I know how beautiful they are and i refuse to let myself listen to them in case they lose their novelty before the record drops. But i constantly find myself with the melodies stuck in my head and it WONT STOPP

giphy.gif

literally same, the first thing I do in the morning is checking Instagram if she announced smth I’m so thirsty

And to think Pitchfork dragged her through the mud after Born To Die... now they release an article every era praising her songwritting and her creativity (that one comparing her to Morrissey was basically them saying WE LOVE HER).

So much “journalism” about Lana is so condescending, like they’re patting her on the head for not being “fake” anymore.

Why are y'all fighting about Lana/Ariana/Billie? Lana doesn't care about charts, and label isn't excuse if the album gets delayed. I mean, she released VB even if label was against it cuz it was too long. Get it in your heads already, and end this mess. Please.

EDIT: Anyway, I miss her creativity and passion. Oh well, this era hasn't even officially started yet, so I'm still up for NFR.

Yeah! And Lana has a bug enough fan base and if successful enough that the label doesn’t/can’t tell her what to do as much if that makes sense.

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Not strongest lyrics yet... were they asleep for BTD? Paradise? UV? Honeymoon? LFL?

giphy.gif

She has always had strong lyrics. But when she dropped with BTD, she looked like an alien in the musical landscape and people were questioning her authenticity. UV was extraordinary, but like BTD and Paradise, she wasn't saying what a female singer «should» have been saying : most pop stars are about empowerment (mostly through sex) and strength, while she was admiting she was a sad girl who was staying in her sorta abusive and toxic relationship. I always loved her BECAUSE she was not mainstream and it felt authentic to me. 

But after 8 years and each project solidifying her image, we all know she isn't a puppet of men or her record company. The tide began to shift with HM.

Her lyrics feel really raw and introspective with NFR, and everybody knows what to expect from her. Maybe it's why she is so acclaimed with that record. That and she doesn't dwell so much in her Lolita persona. 

Have u seen the snippet on Honeymouns instastory? Is it from a trailer or something because I’ve never heard it. Sorry if it’s not related :(

oh wow those ten seconds already scalped me

btd critics are in the most, a wave effect. People talk about her because it was fashionable to talk bad about her. Charges of false identity, SNL, all that shit. Most of the critics who spoke of her at that time today lick the floor she steps on

Lust For Dead   large.gif

Have u seen the snippet on Honeymouns instastory? Is it from a trailer or something because I’ve never heard it. Sorry if it’s not related :(

Sounds lovely me it could be a NFR song or demo

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

btd critics are in the most, a wave effect. People talk about her because it was fashionable to talk bad about her. Charges of false identity, SNL, all that shit. Most of the critics who spoke of her at that time today lick the floor she steps on

Tea, even Tiny Mixtapes praised Venice Bitch last year lmao the switch like faggots indeed