Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Lana is totally going to take a long hiatus after this album and mess. Her fans are dragging her for filth. But to be fair, she deserves it. To begin teasing songs 6 months ago and even releasing songs... with absolutely not plan or release schedule in place and leaving us hanging like this is absolute bullshit. Don’t tease anything if you don’t have a plan.

Well, she’s been teasing for almost a year now when she shared a snippet of HIAB last March - we still haven’t heard the song in full or have a release date... It’s just tragic.

MAC and VB were just two random songs she wanted to put out and I think it became kind of clear soon after their releases that we wouldn’t get much more info of the album after that.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Would you tell any of the things posted here straight to her face? Or in THAT manner?

kind of impossible since she'd run away screaming at the first sign of criticism

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

I don't mind waiting for the album, but to have such a wacky reply from her managers and not a trace from Lana is so bizarre. It would be literally so easy to either say "The release date is scheduled for X" or "The album release date had been pushed back". Surely SOMEONE at her label, her managers, and Lana herself is at least basically aware that her fanbase want to know that??

3lfQEhw.png

Okay wow this has been an eventful day

I think now we should not push things any further - Lana and Ben are probably both fuming now, and although we have reasons to be mad too, we are not doing ourselves any favours by ranting in Ben's insta comments. They are likely to be even less motivated to follow through with the release schedule (when one exists) if we keep hassling them. Sure, Ben's comments are not professional at all and Lana shouldn't have released these singles if the album is not finished. But as some other members said, maybe she thought she was doing a good thing that we would like by giving us these singles, or maybe she felt they were best heard in late summer and didn't want to wait until the actual release. Of course, this should have been made clear.

But what I am saying is that, I don't think Ben and Lana's intentions are bad - we have caught Ben on a bad day where he has snapped and will likely be even less responsive if we keep pushing it. Lana probably doesn't want to play games or feel like she is teasing us. At the time of posting snippets, she may well not have known of all these barriers to NFR's release. 

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png