Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Oh God her friend has posted a picture of herself in front of the Beverly Hills Hotel (it might be an old photo from when they all went before, but still).

Tone-deaf af. That's one of the hotels owned by the Sultan of Brunei who, as we know, was going to stone gays to death. Everyone from George Clooney to the city of LA has called for a boycott ... stay away, Elizabeth ... please.

and of course its sarah lmao

even chuck posted about it!

mod note: user was warned for this post

Edited by admin
Please stay on topic - NFR-Related content only in the NFR Pre-Release Thread. Please post in other threads for content not pertaining to NFR.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

I miss when Lana and Barrie were together. Not only did we get UV but overall I just like their vibe as a couple.

Edited by admin
Please stay on topic - NFR-Related content only in the NFR Pre-Release Thread. Please post in other threads for content not pertaining to NFR.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

what I'm most upset about is that Lana isn't working with Neil Krug.

His photography of her really conveys what Lana Del Rey is

I don’t think we know who she is anymore. After the ‘Plain Jane’ Billboard cover last year as well as the ‘Plain Jane’ photo of her sitting by the side of the highway, she’s clearly negatively reacting to her former glamorous image and saying, “I’m not that.”

Keep in mind that she’s been roundly criticized by the Left, by members of her own party, many of whom are feminists against the glamorization of women, which they consider a male plot to keep women oppressed.

Personally, I think she’s going through an identity crisis, or coming out of one, which is to be expected, perhaps, for someone who has assumed numerous identities over the last ten years or so, each with its own set of expectations.

That’s why the NFR cover art will tell us a lot—not necessarily who she is or ‘ really is,’ but at least how she is projecting herself to the world now.

It's sad how Lana probably thinks she has to 'dress down' in order to be taken seriously. Like yeah women have days where they want to dress in leggings and a plain t-shirt (and that's fine), but Lana has ALWAYS been glamorous, even before she was famous. This is why I think the person she's portraying right now isn't entirely genuine.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Miss Lana. Miss Lana? Miss Lana!

Omfg she fucking dead

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

No I just mean maybe she took that pic as like a clue only those close to her would get at the time, and the rest of us in retrospect. Not suggesting she was on set then.

Lana on an actual set in 2019?

I bet there's gonna be a montage of them just sitting around playing with the dog with the title just slapped on it as a MV

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

sleep paralysis but it's lana hooked on a matcha tea IV whispering "coming soon" in a loop

But... It's actually not that stupid of an idea? :w8ing:

If she actually listened to us she might've come up with a funny professional video with nice cinematography of her sipping tea for 5 minutes straight with her whispering "it's coming soon" mysteriously in the background. Poking fun at herself acknowledging all of our concerns at once. Everyone would love her self-reflection while completely not giving a fuck.

She COULD make an era out of pure sloppiness and turn it into a profit but she won't. And I shit you not we'd all be here for it if we wanted to or not.

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

But honestly, who cares if she doesn't promote her music? She doesn't need to, and she doesn't have to. Promotion is only good for streams, and I think she doesn't give a duck anymore

Btw, people are speculating she has a collab with Taylor Swift for TS7. Idk if it could be possible but someone on Tumblr said she collaborated with a big charting artist recently, and Taylor finished recording her album at the end of February.

Honestly I have no idea why they would collab together but why not lol, probably gonna sound weird af

Because it's boring as fuck to release an album then pretended it never existed. It is not asking too much for her to do at least ONE decent music video and a tour. It is literally her job. 

I had a dream salvatore actually had a really high tech cult that was anti- LB and he had all our IP addresses saved and they had a secret hideout and ish.....

Anyway leak Doin’ Time

Edited by admin
Please stay on topic - NFR-Related content only in the NFR Pre-Release Thread. Please post in other threads for content not pertaining to NFR. Also, please don't encourage leaks of content set to be officially released for purchase and streaming.

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

I honestly don’t see why so many of you care about how she dresses. I get that her first videos were very polished and helped establish her aesthetics. I love when she looks like an Old Hollywood starlet, but I don’t mind the « natural » looks this time around or the tone-down looks. It fits the music. Anyways, hasn’t Chuck laughed when she learned Lana was a fashion icon? Like she never cared about her looks? I almost feel her polished image never was « really her », but she went along for the character of Lana Del Rey.

Anyways, you know my point of view: if the music is good, I can look away on a lot from her lol.

Because it's boring as fuck to release an album then pretended it never existed. It is not asking too much for her to do at least ONE decent music video and a tour. It is literally her job.

I'm sorry but no it's not her job to make music videos, and it has never been. Her job is to make music. She's a singer songwriter, not a filmmaker. She has done some sublime visuals in the past but she doesn't owe us anything. If she doesn't want to do it anymore, it's her right.

And how can you already be complaning about a tour? The album isn't even out yet! Lana announced the LAFTMT 3 months after the release of LFL, why do you want her to announce the tour for NFR before the album is even out

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

what I'm most upset about is that Lana isn't working with Neil Krug.

His photography of her really conveys what Lana Del Rey is

I'm definitely using one of his pics as the NFR cover, I honestly can't imagine anyone better for what this era could have been

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

i don't see how it's an 'identity crisis' or a call to be 'taken seriously' just to tone down your image tbh. i feel more like she's trying to transcend and show different sides to herself. her influences are pretty diverse, so it makes sense she's not gonna be UV era lana forever. it's bizarre however cos in that sense it's almost like she's wanting a career with some longevity (reinventing yourself seems to be the secret to this), her music and her slowness at putting it out says something else entirely though.

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

I miss when Lana and Barrie were together. Not only did we get UV but overall I just like their vibe as a couple.

strange that you mentioned it... bc i dreamed about them today and i spent all day thinking about them getting back together. i even watched summer wine again after years lol. i just feel that this era matches their vibe as a couple. i like think vb and mac are about Barrie. i'm probably wrong though.

I never meant to be bad or unwell I was just living on the edge right between heaven and hell & I'm tired of it