Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Two more snippets and I still don't like it. Sadly this isn't anything like Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood (as much as I love the original, I actually like Lana's cover even more tbh) or Summer Wine (same, Barry sounded amazing too).

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

It’s true she said that in September, when the album wasn’t done yet. Whenever asked what the album sounds like while making it, she describes the last songs she worked on. I trust more her January interview description of the album (« it has no real bangers ») since it was finished.

No matter when she releases it , I will be listening to it for sure. It’s been 84 years since MAC and VB.

It's so hard to believe anything she says. She said Honeymoon was similar sound to BTD/P and it's totally different. She also talked a ton about songs on LFL that never made it (i.e. Yosemite) and even said it had a bigger sound (sorta true, but not really). 

Net net: You can't trust her to describe her own material. 

Is it bad that I prefer the production and her singing on Doin’ Time over the NFR songs?

Same, that's why I thought it wasn't produced by Jack. Hope and MAC are very bland in comparison.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Violets Bent Backwards killed Norman Fucking Rockwell and thats the tea. 

wow lmao am I a lil' dyslexic or what? all this time I've read Violet as VIOLENT. Violent Bent Backward Over The Grass. I...

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

I would really like to hear more trip-hoppish BTD/Paradise-style production and arrangements for her current material. It was her best sound, I think.

It was her best sound because it was the most original especially during the time it was released + it had a full package: visuals, character, etc.

Her best sound in terms of actual production is Ultraviolence. No flaws. They achieved exactly what they wanted.

But Honeymoon is her most thought-out project production-wise. I will actually make a special thread regarding its production..

The problem with LFL is that it's overproduced. She wanted to do so well that she ended up doing too much and that's why the tracks don't sound as good as they could've been with a lighter production. With NFR, even if most of the songs we've heard from now are piano-driven, they sound well finished. Some will say it's not enough, but I think it's perfect the way it is. I don't imagine HIAB with much more instruments. Same for IYC. The strings and the piano are enough. Jack made it perfect in my opinion, and that's why this album has the potential to be her best even with minimal production. It's not meant to be a cinematic album. It's meant to be her everyday life. And from what we've heard, I have no difficulties portraying that.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

It was her best sound because it was the most original especially during the time it was released + it had a full package: visuals, character, etc.

Her best sound in terms of actual production is Ultraviolence. No flaws. They achieved exactly what they wanted.

But Honeymoon is her most thought-out project production-wise. I will actually make a special thread regarding its production..

Everyone has their own opinions on this. Except for a handful of songs each, I don’t care much for UV or HM .

wow lmao am I a lil' dyslexic or what? all this time I've read Violet as VIOLENT. Violent Bent Backward Over The Grass. I...

at first i thought it was Violently Bent Backwards Over The Grass, idk where i got that y from, n i was like damn ok work. then i realized it said Violet

qfrWuBl.png

So Sophia Turner is gonna be The Dark Fenix on a new movie from Xmen Universe and now Xmen is from Disney. Remember Disney. Lana was at Disney :creep: :creep: :creep: :creep:

I don’t remember XMen movies having a end-credit song

So Sophia Turner is gonna be The Dark Fenix on a new movie from Xmen Universe and now Xmen is from Disney. Remember Disney. Lana was at Disney :creep: :creep: :creep: :creep:

She married one of the Jonas brothers and im sure Lana went to see them about a month ago or recently anyway?

since I avoid listening to snippets... you guys are giving me high high hopes for Doin' Time.  :flutter:  :flutter: with all the praising

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

since I avoid listening to snippets... you guys are giving me high high hopes for Doin' Time.  :flutter:  :flutter: with all the praising

I think you’ll really like this one. It’s a great track c: can’t wait for the full version

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole