Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Oh, we're doing this again, are we?

It's obviously Coachella and anyone who doesn't think it's Coachella should put rocks in their socks, jump in a river, and as you are drowning, you can still find solace in the fact that you will never have to hear Coachella ever again.

I hate it because I remember she uploaded a video once before it was released, singing it in the woods or something and it sounded so nice I thought it would be a song like TNC or even more stripped down. But we got that mess.

Coachella and In My Feelings are her two worst original songs, and if she has any songs on NFR in the same lane as those two... ugh... I’d hate to imagine it.

I feel like Lolita is worse, Coachella has a few nice parts here and there and I like In My Feelings cuz I sing it to my BF whenever he pisses me off lol.

Come on guys, let's be honest and accept TNC as Lana's worst song

https://youtu.be/ulpgd7ScwdU

Sis TNC isn’t even the worst song on LFL

In fact it’s in the top 5:

Yosemite

Get Free

Heroin

Change

13 Beaches

Tomorrow Never Came

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

i meannnnn............ the fact that doin' time, a.k.a a (bad, let's face it) COVER is her most streamed song on spotify makes me wanna scream... like ppl really stream whatever the hell this is instead of Ride or Terrence Loves You? nonsense. absolute nonsense. I've only listened to the snippets and it's terrible, i refuse to listen to the whole thing. nuhu.

Are you really calling a song you’ve never listened to terrible?

LIZARD PEOPLE

Oh, we're doing this again, are we?

It's obviously Coachella and anyone who doesn't think it's Coachella should put rocks in their socks, jump in a river, and as you are drowning, you can still find solace in the fact that you will never have to hear Coachella ever again.

It’s only bad because of the production.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

lolita is a bop there's not slander that will be tolarated

tenor.gif

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

It’s only bad because of the production.

The lyrics are awful and terrible.

Sincerely,

Critics can be so mean sometimes

and

What about all these children

And all their children's children

You know and why does she skip a generation?

And all their children's children (so the grandchildren of the children in the first line)

What about the children of the children in the first line? She cares about their parents and their children, but not about them. Appallingly selective.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Florida Kilos is a fugly betch and that’s the Yosemitea

8LQ1.gif

The lyrics are awful and terrible.

Sincerely,

Critics can be so mean sometimes

and

And all their children's children

You know and why does she skip a generation?

And all their children's children (so the grandchildren of the children in the first line)

What about the children of the children in the first line? She cares about their parents and their children, but not about them. Appallingly selective.

The Lost Generation :'(

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

this is going to sound bad, because i am genuinely glad lana is happy - or at least appears to be - but i would cut out my spleen if we could go back to september last year when she was dropping venice bitch and mariners and working with jack and posting a gazillion snippets and the album seemed very imminent.... then those insta baddie friends came along and ruined EVERYTHING... i swear to god........ .. .. . i am genuinely glad she's enjoying herself but..... I need my long winded psychedelic NFR masterpiece. I genuinely hope she doesn't just drop NFR because it's a dark album and she's in a happy place now

tumblr_pb75g64MCD1wufoyho1_500.gif

Look @ all these pages we all know no one's even read rihanna-excuse-me.gif

wtf is your signature lollll

this is going to sound bad, because i am genuinely glad lana is happy - or at least appears to be - but i would cut out my spleen if we could go back to september last year when she was dropping venice bitch and mariners and working with jack and posting a gazillion snippets and the album seemed very imminent.... then those insta baddie friends came along and ruined EVERYTHING... i swear to god........ .. .. . i am genuinely glad she's enjoying herself but..... I need my long winded psychedelic NFR masterpiece. I genuinely hope she doesn't just drop NFR because it's a dark album and she's in a happy place now

I actually feel psycho typing this, but I really miss the snippets, Lana bring them backkkk. Of c I would rather have the whole fucking album but if that's not coming any time soon gurrrrl at least keep the faucet dripping!

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

Anyway, it just seemed like so much was happening when she was first “starting” the “era” I mean idk if it’s a big deal or not, but she performed at that Apple event in October, I think? And she also did that performance of Chelsea Hotel, to me those 2 performances were a big deal because we rarely get any professionally recorded performances at all anymore And she seemed so hype posting snippets left and right. She seemed so excited about the music and talking about the album.. then as soon as the new year came around and she released HIADT in January everything just completely stopped... like I don’t understand....

Siiggghhh

Also, can I just say how freaking beautiful she looks in those IG videos of her playing “Cinnamon” in her car? Like omg she looks gorgeous.mp3. The way the filter makes her earrings and eyes glimmer also adds something that I can’t explain to the feel of the clips. I know I’m going to sound crazy, but at this point can anything we say be considered crazy? I mean we have pages of people arguing about her zodiac sign, if her friends are bad? is she depressed? why the album isn’t out? Is her label holding the album hostage? Is the album title the reason why it’s not out yet? And etc. but I wouldn’t mind if she released the whole cinnamon song along with a video and the video was the full length video of her in the car singing along lol. As long as we got to listen to the whole song. I’d be content. Plus she looks beautiful af.

Jesus, I’m going delulu. Fml. Please Lana! Save this gay from imminent death!