Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I wish I knew what to think of this whole situation to be honest.

IDK what's worst.

To know there IS a record done since like early this year and they're just holding it 

or if she just disappeared since LA to the Moon and we had no news (much likely... pre-Lust for life I believe??) for 2 years

If the damn album isn’t out by August or early Sept, i don’t know what i’m gonna do. This has been fucking tiring, the push and pull game she is playing with us for more than a year. Someone give her a class on how to decently release an album.

Remember when we thought the whole Lust For Life debacle was bad hahahahahahahahah?

tumblr_n9t9baKLaK1sj5r1lo1_500.gif

i wanna see the album cover and tracklist soo bad

I'm also really looking forward to everyone's meltdowns when they don't like it. That's always fun. :flutter:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

This whole Taylor Swift/Scooter Braun drama has me wondering if Lana owns her own masters? What do yall think 

I'm a little bit confused with this situation. What are the pros/cons to owning/not owning your own masters?

This whole Taylor Swift/Scooter Braun drama has me wondering if Lana owns her own masters? What do yall think 

I was thinking the same thing this morning. I think she does since Lana has been releasing music the way she wanted. There's many more reasons I think she owns her masters (or at least most of it) but I'm not sure. I'm just basing my opinion with what I've seen kdajdlsad (plus i dont even know how that works so please don't drag me im ignorant)

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

can ya'll STOP with the "colours for each album/era" thing

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I'm a little bit confused with this situation. What are the pros/cons to owning/not owning your own masters?

I don't know all the details exactly, and Taylor's situation in peculiar. But if she doesn't completely own her songs, she could be passed when it comes to future decisions for her music. Like releasing a «best of» of those songs, for which she wouldn't be able to say much if she doesn't own them (she couldn't select the ones she prefers, etc.). Same for a song that could be used for publicity or something like that. I don't know all the implications, like I said... If she doesn't get along with that guy, he might completely ignore her for future projects. 

can ya'll STOP with the "colours for each album/era" thing

this comment is like an angry fiery maroon red with a sprinkle of an elegant french coffee stain brown for the spelling of the word "colours" instead of "colors"

warms my heart

I don't know all the details exactly, and Taylor's situation in peculiar. But if she doesn't completely own her songs, she could be passed when it comes to future decisions for her music. Like releasing a «best of» of those songs, for which she wouldn't be able to say much if she doesn't own them (she couldn't select the ones she prefers, etc.). Same for a song that could be used for publicity or something like that. I don't know all the implications, like I said... If she doesn't get along with that guy, he might completely ignore her for future projects. 

Oh okay thanks! Well in that case I hope Lana own all her music...yikes

I don't think Cedric's remix of Summertime Sadness would exist if she owned her masters. Like I'm not 100% sure how these things work but Lana wasn't happy at all about this remix so we're safe to assume she didn't authorize it, which means Interscope/Polydor were the ones who allowed him to remix the song. We do know she bought the rights for AKA years after its release though.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

We'll see tomorrow if something happens but for now, let's not stress too much or overthink it. Just because the site who announced the date of tomorrow was right about Doin' Time doesn't mean they'll be right again

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

this comment is like an angry fiery maroon red with a sprinkle of an elegant french coffee stain brown for the spelling of the word "colours" instead of "colors"

warms my heart

excuse me bitch thats how we spell it in the uk, u americans are wrong

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

We'll see tomorrow if something happens but for now, let's not stress too much or overthink it. Just because the site who announced the date of tomorrow was right about Doin' Time doesn't mean they'll be right again

What's happening tomorrow?  :creep:

I don't think Cedric's remix of Summertime Sadness would exist if she owned her masters. Like I'm not 100% sure how these things work but Lana wasn't happy at all about this remix so we're safe to assume she didn't authorize it, which means Interscope/Polydor were the ones who allowed him to remix the song. We do know she bought the rights of AKA years after its release though.

I don’t think that many artists own 100% of their music, honestly. If they did, nobody would need a record company and a contract, to be honest. Since BTD, Polydor / Interscope / Universal owns part of her music. She did buy back the rights to her AKA album though, when the contract was broken / over. I think Taylor’s contract was up with her previous record company before Reputation.

Only after Paradise EP you can see on the back of the physical copies of her album “songs and recordings owned by Lana Del Rey” (or something of the sort). So yeah since Ultraviolence she owns her songs/recordings

I think she did it to avoid her label to do another Cedric gervais remix situation

Oh I didn't know that! Good for her tbh, I'm happy to know she owns most of her albums. Wonder if she doesn't own BTD at all or didn't own at the time of release but owns it nowadays. We should check a more recent physical edition of the album.

What's happening tomorrow? :creep:

A site that was apparently right about Doin' Time announced that the pre-order should come tomorrow

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~