Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

obviously i don't want to be unnecessarily mean, but i honestly think in the event critics get their hands on her poetry she may be totally ripped to pieces and i think that's part of the reason i'm indecisive about it. not suggesting she hasn't written amazing lyrics or that critics matter and it's absolutely her right to bring out the book but i get the distinct feeling it could be really embarrassing 

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

I feel like the book has to come out EVENTUALLY. I mean she did an Italian Vogue 3 cover poetry moment kind of in promotion of it. That’s pretty legit, and if it wasn’t coming to fruition would she have done that??

Anyways. I’ve mostly moved on from being annoyed because now that we are in July, and because she did say 2 months last month (the only info we have past speculation, I’m going to take it at face value) an official announcement could and probably will come at any moment. There aren’t any days left to guess and I don’t think she is going to make the official announcement at a show so I truly think we are in store for something any day now.

Also let’s get hopeful and assume her time in Malibu with her makeup artist and dancers and chuck and film people was for a video or an album trailer. How long do you think something like that takes to be put together??

For a video, it depends. Some more professional videos could take weeks or even months to be produced, shot, cut, and placed right, but then again this is Lana & Chuck. They prolly only had the MAC/HIAB/VB videos done about a week ahead I bet. (this is an underwhelming estimate bc they can be lazy with their filming. I'm p sure we could fact check that... but cross reference the time frame from then if you can and that'll give an idea between shoot & release)

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

obviously i don't want to be unnecessarily mean, but i honestly think in the event critics get their hands on her poetry she may be totally ripped to pieces and i think that's part of the reason i'm indecisive about it. not suggesting she hasn't written amazing lyrics or that critics matter and it's absolutely her right to bring out the book but i get the distinct feeling it could be really embarrassing 

this could be what's influenced her to self publish and not put it out right away? idk... that's interesting

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

this could be what's influenced her to self publish and not put it out right away? idk... that's interesting

I worry about that, too. I remember her saying that the book is something that she just wants out there for herself, which suggests that she doesn't really care what critics and/or fans think of it, but I don't know. She's demonstrated that she's very sensitive towards criticism, most recently when she seemed pretty upset about people alleging that Hope had racial connotations.

It makes me wonder how she will react if the reception isn't positive.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I worry about that, too. I remember her saying that the book is something that she just wants out there for herself, which suggests that she doesn't really care what critics and/or fans think of it, but I don't know. She's demonstrated that she's very sensitive towards criticism, most recently when she seemed pretty upset about people alleging that Hope had racial connotations.

It makes me wonder how she will react if the reception isn't positive.

True & it isn't like people haven't criticized her music before, I mean, she should be used to it at this point. Remember SNL?

giphy.gif

I'd just like to remind everyone of the science.

I have updated the very scientific chart with extrapolated data, which clearly indicates we should receive a snippet or equivalent by mid July.

You'll notice the equal spacing of the optimistic pattern.

vAZuGEn.jpg

my biggest question is what is she gonna do after the al boom is released? is she gonna do shows for the al boom or only a 2020 festival tour in the summer? are we gonna get any more music videos besides HIAB? any magazine covers and/or interviews? I dont think I could take another NFR Pre-Release era again right after this one.

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

my biggest question is what is she gonna do after the al boom is released? is she gonna do shows for the al boom or only a 2020 festival tour in the summer? are we gonna get any more music videos besides HIAB? any magazine covers and/or interviews? I dont think I could take another NFR Pre-Release era again right after this one.

i'll die if she does a NFR festival tour in summer 2020. this would be the longest, most boring era ever. she should announce selective october-november-december tour dates here and there and we're done.

i'll die if she does a NFR festival tour in summer 2020. this would be the longest, most boring era ever. she should announce selective october-november-december tour dates here and there and we're done.

i don't even want her to tour this album. It seems like it would be one she could skip a tour for and just work on her poetry book more, broadway whatever, or next album. if it's mainly sad girl introspective shit then I don't see the need for a tour like UV really especially if she doesn't wanna promote it which is for some reason her thinking rn

giphy.gif

"From neon dive bars in Long Beach ..."

What is that crazy bitch talking about? Has she ever played in a neon dive bar in Long Beach? I thought she played in bars in New York, but not California.

I legit was thinking this exact same thing. I was like wtf is she smoking but okay

Lana being able to have such free reign over her music/releases while being signed to a major label like Interscope is the biggest kii

Queen of control

I dont necessarily think this was her choosing anymore. I think promo for Doin Time/ the Charlie’s Angels single definitely played their part in this mess

venice bitch

sylvia plath

how to disappear

the wild one, dreamgirl, and cherry blossom leak

the music this era is IT

You forgot mac, bad boy, and fake diamond bb

Have I missed anything these couple hours I’ve been gone lol?

Honestly and truly no

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

I feel like the book has to come out EVENTUALLY. I mean she did an Italian Vogue 3 cover poetry moment kind of in promotion of it. That’s pretty legit, and if it wasn’t coming to fruition would she have done that??

Yes

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Maybe this week she'll tweet something... but prolly not

giphy.gif

Well, I think she's taking surfing lessons. Going by her driving, she'll probably paddle into a current, end up in Japan, never leave Japan because it's the home of matcha, and we'll never get NFR, just a J-Pop album in 2022. 

feel free to dredge up this post in the future as receipts for my complete and total clownery, but i honestly think if she releases another single before the album i won't listen to it until the full thing comes out

it's just the way i feel

feel free to dredge up this post in the future as receipts for my complete and total clownery, but i honestly think if she releases another single before the album i won't listen to it until the full thing comes out

mt3bJJv.gif

I've been considering the same thing too. I don't want snippets or full songs from the album anymore, I just want the album! I want it to sound as new as possible. But if HTD would be the song she releases next (which I doubt), then I guess I'd listen to it all because I've already heard the full song from that live performance so I know what to expect.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png