Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

She really likes us to wait :( I can’t believe it’s been almost a year since MAC

She better pull through a brand new world tour+stage and new merch too cause this wait ain’t worth it for an 11 track album...

Its bc we dissed how LFL was forcefully aged 

I keep hoping one of her drunk Instagram baddies leaks it but no....

they don't serve matcha in jail i heard tho thats why

what if the album has 18 tracks?

I'd actually not prefer that kinda setup. LFL had a large amount of tracks bc it rep'd an anthology of her work, feel like Nfr's gonna have to be more cohesive. It wasn't even supposed to be a record, just originally a collection of tracks so it'd defo be overkill for that many. 16 max including bonus tracks if we even get any, and saying that's even pretty weird to say

UV/Honeymoon

Funny enough, I think the swearing in Cherry is really on point. The whole song is not really a lyrics-heavy piece, everything from the words to the production is just super intense, sexual and melodramatic. That's what makes it such a good tune. The swearing is random but I really like it and feel like it actually adds something to the tracks vibe.

The song where I do find her use of language annoying is hope is a dangerous thing.

It's such a stripped down, intimate and beautiful track and then she sings about her "fucking white dress" and how she's "shaking her ass". It just feels out of place and kind of kills the vibe

Maybe I'm just a cynical bitch (especially when it comes to LFL) but to me, it seems like she wrote it without the swearing, and then went, "I want this song to be angrier/edgier" and just tacked those words onto the ends of some of the lyrics, rather than working them into the song. Like I don't hate that she did that, but I can't help but feel that the lyrics that immediately precede the swearing would resonate more without it.

However, I can understand your point-of-view. Going by the responses, it works for some people, and not for others.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Funny enough, I think the swearing in Cherry is really on point. The whole song is not really a lyrics-heavy piece, everything from the words to the production is just super intense, sexual and melodramatic. That's what makes it such a good tune. The swearing is random but I really like it and feel like it actually adds something to the tracks vibe.

The song where I do find her use of language annoying is hope is a dangerous thing.

It's such a stripped down, intimate and beautiful track and then she sings about her "fucking white dress" and how she's "shaking her ass". It just feels out of place and kind of kills the vibe

I like the swearing on Cherry, too. I think it kind of makes the song. There's something deliciously ridiculous about it, and it just works.

And though I do think hope is a really great song, lyrically, there's a couple awkward moments that should have been reconsidered. I don't mind the "shaking my ass" line because it feels warranted, and the crudeness of the phrasing is in step with the casual, honest tone of the song, but the "fucking white gown/nightgown" lines feel and sound stilted, and they bother me every time I hear the song. It's like "fucking" was added there just so that she'd have enough syllables to fit to the melody, or something. I am here for her cussing up a damned storm if she pleases, I just can't help but cringe when it sounds awkward or forced, and not like how people actually talk.

i can't believe that in a forum of like idk 200, 300 people, not a single one of y'all was able to leak this album. there has to be some kind of laptop nerd in here or whatever to help us with that quest.. no? COWARDS

trust me we've tried

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

And though I do think hope is a really great song, lyrically, there's a couple awkward moments that should have been reconsidered. I don't mind the "shaking my ass" line because it feels warranted, and the crudeness of the phrasing is in step with the casual, honest tone of the song, but the "fucking white gown/nightgown" lines feel and sound stilted, and they bother me every time I hear the song. It's like "fucking" was added there just so that she'd have enough syllables to fit to the melody, or something. I am here for her cussing up a damned storm if she pleases, I just can't help but cringe when it sounds awkward or forced, and not like how people actually talk.

you took the words directly out of my mouth, agreed 100%

it's just the way i feel

I believe English not being my mother-tongue made me a bit careless about swearing, but I think the expression "fucking gown" really matches the vibe. It's like she's describing the madness she feels at those moments, outside she looks fancy but inside she's just in despair, and that gown is nothing but a facade

Webp-net-resizeimage.gif

Hard disagree.

I think it conveys a frustration and really gives off the vibe of not being afraid to write about what she’s really feeling there. I really love the lyricism of hope.

I feel like FIILY is gonna be a mini bop! In the vein of HIAB & NFR! It just reeks the save vibe & energy from it. Now that we know Chase is her new beau I imagine it’ll go in the vein of this

“I know it seems to soon to say it, but fuck it, I love you”

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif