Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Her face on the album cover reminded me of that 2017 Paris Match photoshoot so MUCH

169d9482dcf8766b8585fb0acc516bce-720x890

Lana-Del-Rey.jpg

Omg yesss, I knew it reminded me of another shoot

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I kind of love the cover. Still shocked after hours of seeing it, and not hating it. I'm sure that's a good signal.

By the way. Always thought that the version of BAR that we got -the full one, not the ones hovering over youtube- was boring and poorly produced, even bland for a demo. Let's hope it's reworked and actually deserves to be part of the album. Don't want to hear even one filler on NFR. We were served of them with Lust for Life.

Her face on the album cover reminded me of that 2017 Paris Match photoshoot so MUCH

169d9482dcf8766b8585fb0acc516bce-720x890

Lana-Del-Rey.jpg

Queen of having the same face for 2 years in a row

That's a record for her :creep:

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Although I've never felt Lana's put up a front (her music has always felt authentic) this feels extra Lana. I love that she's embracing everything about the sound and over-the-top-Americana image she's created. So excited (to hear the final version of the BAR bridge) for this album.

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

Anyway, I’m excited to see the lengths tomorrow. I hope VB is 20 mins long now and features electric guitar and drums and a drop after she sings “jealous of your love”

I've been waiting someone does some kind of extended of version since the song was released. 

Although I've never felt Lana's put up a front (her music has always felt authentic) this feels extra Lana. I love that she's embracing everything about the sound and over-the-top-Americana image she's created. So excited (to hear the final version of the BAR bridge) for this album.

Yas Yas Yas Yas people who don’t like the cover don’t have taste!! They want some overdone mega photoshop image of her smoking a cigarette

anyway when you hold that vinyl book in your hand and feel the weight, and run your fingertip over the title on the spine, and when you put your palm flat on the cover and turn it over, and feel its weight in a different way, and get that shiver of excitement when you look at the tracklist before sliding disc one out, seeing the rings of black and the thinner rings of empty space, maybe then you'll feel peace and begin to heal  :oprah3:

locals only

Yas Yas Yas Yas people who don’t like the cover don’t have taste!! They want some overdone mega photoshop image of her smoking a cigarette

This is literally what the NFR cover is :deadbanana:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

anyway when you hold that vinyl book in your hand and feel the weight, and run your fingertip over the title on the spine, and when you put your palm flat on the cover and turn it over, and feel its weight in a different way, and get that shiver of excitement when you look at the tracklist before sliding disc one out, seeing the rings of black and the thinner rings of empty space, maybe then you'll feel peace and begin to heal  :oprah3:

i love you for this

Let’s just say when I saw the cover I knew exactly what users would like it & who would hate it :teehee:

I hope we get a little something soon to ease the pain of the wait :hooker:

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

This is literally what the NFR cover is :deadbanana:

In a different way though. This is more artistic. Y’all just wanna see a random portrait of her. The album cover actually has symbolism and meaning in it for once.

There was some edit made by an LB user which featured some picture of Lana leaving Hillsong and some homophobic iconography, as well as "Norman Fucking Rockwell" title.. The collage style of the actual cover kind of reminded me that edit -I think the user even made a T-shirt from it and put it on sale on the Internet-. Any of you know where can I find that picture?

In a different way though. This is more artistic. Y’all just wanna see a random portrait of her. The album cover actually has symbolism and meaning in it for once.

ok

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven